Inquiries and Impeachment of Trump

Top Senate Republicans reject Trump’s renewed call for immediate dismissal of impeachment charges

Most Senate Republicans are eager to stage a trial that ends with Trump’s acquittal and vindication on charges that he abused the power of his office in his dealings with Ukraine and obstructed a subsequent investigation in the House. But over the weekend, Trump urged the Senate simply to dismiss the charges against him — without hearing arguments from House prosecutors or his own legal team.

On Monday, senior Republicans said immediate dismissal could not win approval in the chamber, where Republicans hold a 53-seat majority. And even some staunch Trump allies argued that the president’s legacy would benefit from a robust trial.

I don’t think there’s any interest on our side of dismissing,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), the fourth-ranking GOP senator. “ Certainly, there aren’t 51 votes for a motion to dismiss.”
  • oeb11
  • 01-14-2020, 11:30 AM
Embarrassed, j666?????
Time for a new avatar!
Did i lie about that, too!!!!
He is impeached, no?
  • oeb11
  • 01-14-2020, 03:36 PM
hh - gonna vote in Nov 2020 from the Austin basement?
You Need to get on the register for a voter registration certificate.

Austin is handing them out free if stamped Democrat!
Come vote for H..... - Nov 2020!
  • oeb11
  • 01-14-2020, 03:38 PM
The House Impeachment is indeed a travesty. The Senate should show there is respect in at least one chamber of Congress for the Constitution. Time to hear the House case and with respect for the gravity of the Constitution and process - examine it closely and Vote.

And if the Senate desires further witnesses after the House presentation - so be it.

Let the Senate not respond to a travesty of an Impeachment with disregard - and thus creating another travesty.

The American people are owed that.

IMHO
Impeachment trial security crackdown will limit Capitol press access

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...l-press-access

Standing gallery committees are panels made up of journalists elected by their colleagues; they help oversee press operations and work to ensure press access to public officials and proceedings on Capitol Hill.

“These potential restrictions fail to acknowledge what currently works on Capitol Hill, or the way the American public expects to be able to follow a vital news event about their government in the digital age,” the Standing Committee of Correspondents said in a letter Tuesday.

When the articles of impeachment are delivered to the Senate, a procession full of pomp and circumstance, just one video camera and no still photographers will be allowed to document the historic moment. No audio recording at all will be permitted, leaving radio reporters empty-handed.

He is impeached, no? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
The "wall" is being built, no?

The terrorist nation is on its knees.
The Europeans are joining the fray with the "paper lion"!
The ProWestern/ProTrump Persians are on the rise!
The U.S. economy is raging.
International trade deals are being closed and implemented.
Unemployment is at a 5 decade low.
Minority employment is at a historic high.
Wages are increasing.
Mexico et south is cooperating with curbing illegal entrance into U.S.
Biden is the "LEADING DEM CANDIDATE"!
The Great Blue Wave just crashed on itself.
U.S. military prowess is at an all-time high
The U.S. IS GREAT AGAIN!

Please continue trying to trash the man doing it and his supporters!!! Please!

And as for you, HoseHummer, please continue to pretend to be in Canada!!!!!
Impeachment trial security crackdown will limit Capitol press access
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Of course! The entire WASTE OF TIME will be RECORDED FOR POSTERITY.

Do you need some whining, hysterical, bitch interpreting the English language and video images for you?
  • oeb11
  • 01-15-2020, 07:45 AM
+1 on both posts - LL
LL+ 100 % The TDS hatred caused by the "BOX" media just refuses to report anything good
Do you need some whining, hysterical, bitch interpreting the English language and video images for you? Originally Posted by LexusLover
What I need is the radio version. Hopefully the C-SPAN and/or NPR apps I have will broadcast it. As I've suggested before, I highly recommend both.
Maddow to interview Parnas tonight 9PM Eastern.
The motion to dismiss will come after both sides have presented their case. It looks likely that Trump will invoke EP on Bolton.

As to Mulvaney's comments about quid pro quo is done all the time in foreign policy, "get over it", isn't that exactly what Biden did though he says there was good reason for it and it had the support of other world leaders does not mean it wasn't a quid pro quo, just one that lots of people supported and we are being told to "get over it".

So Biden did demand a quid pro quo and we are just suppose to "get over it". Funny how that works huh?
House members vote to send articles of impeachment against Trump to Senate, approve seven members to serve as prosecutors in trial

The House voted Wednesday to send articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate and approved seven Democrats to serve as prosecutors in the third trial of a U.S. president.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) named a team of managers led by two trusted lieutenants, Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) and Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.). Later Wednesday, the managers plan to walk the articles across the Capitol and present them to the chamber led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who has repeatedly characterized the House case as weak.

The crux of the case is the allegation that Trump tried to leverage a White House meeting and military aid, sought by Ukraine to combat Russian military aggression, to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch an investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden, as well as a probe of an unfounded theory that Kyiv conspired with Democrats to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...f6d_story.html

First thing I want find out is who were those 9 chicken shit Reps who didn’t vote, everyone of those chicken shits should lose their office.
Of course! The entire WASTE OF TIME will be RECORDED FOR POSTERITY.

Do you need some whining, hysterical, bitch interpreting the English language and video images for you? Originally Posted by LexusLover
As I recall, last November you were claiming this day wouldn’t come, hows that working out for you?

You were claiming the Horowitz report would send some deep staters to jail. Well, that didn’t happen either.

So you got Crowdstrike and the dreaded Durham report to fall back on.
I predict you’ll be 0-4 before long.