Harris County grand jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

• WTF
  • 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Read the law I posted. It doesn't require the ability to do so, only an intentional offer to do so. I guess I could see a hole because they had no intent of buying an organ, but the law seems to be pretty plain English and they simply need to intentionally offer to buy, which they did. Originally Posted by eatfibo
How do we know their intent?....How do we know they in fact would not have bought fetal tissue? My guess is they in fact would have bought it to document PPH selling it. When PPH did not sell it for profit, they made it seem as if they did.

Total fucking lies and IMHO should be locked the fuck up.

If you do not believe in abortion, fine. But to lie to try and turn public perception means jail time for these fuckers....though I doubt they will get it.
How do we know their intent?....How do we know they in fact would not have bought fetal tissue? Originally Posted by WTF

The law says, "intentionally offers to buy." There is nothing in it that requires and actual intent to purchase, only an intentional offer. I'm not sure what the spirit of the law is, but it is pretty clear that they broke the letter of the law.

My guess is they in fact would have bought it to document PPH selling it. When PPH did not sell it for profit, they made it seem as if they did.

Total fucking lies and IMHO should be locked the fuck up.
I admit, I have a bit of schadenfreude that they might end up getting felony convictions for this, but I don't believe they should go to jail simply for lying. But I think that most honest humans should realize how utterly disgusting and dishonest what they did is. They attempted to manufacture a crime by selectively editing tapes. It's clear their intent was to deceive and, if I had rushed to judgement and allowed them to deceive me, I would be pretty pissed at them.
I agree with your final point, though I did hear that San Francisco had an influx of three million sex workers for the Super Bowl..... Originally Posted by DSK
Did Ekim, assup and Lil Cotex enjoy their stay out by the "Gay Bay " ?? Cotex prolly showed of his " Triple Crowns " !!!!
Did Ekim, assup and Lil Cotex enjoy their stay out by the "Gay Bay " ?? Cotex prolly showed of his " Triple Crowns " !!!! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Is business down at your glory hole woomby?
Is business down at your glory hole woomby? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You're the one running woomby's KansASS gloryhole branches, so YOU tell us, EKIM the WELSHER !
You're the one running woomby's KansASS gloryhole branches, so YOU tell us, EKIM the WELSHER ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
No transference woomby.............
  • DSK
  • 02-08-2016, 08:04 PM
These fuckers were trying to buy, not sell. Buying is against the law for profit ....which is what these videographers tried to do.

They are not journalist btw. No more than say a PR person that works for Exxon is a journalist.

Look at the organization they work for. Is that a journalistic organization?

In regards to LL, he seems not to have a clue. He thought the DA had political motivation when in fact she is a Pro Life Republican. Shit last time we talked legal he was trying to confuse posters with audio taping and video taping.... Originally Posted by WTF
You are right, those fuckers where trying to buy, not sell. However, they did not form the requisite intent to break the law but merely to entrap the nefarious Planned Parenthood.
Again, we must defer to LexusLover for a proper legal opinion which goes beyond black letter law and conforms to common law relative to who qualifies as a journalist, and hence what previously defined situations offer constitutional protection for journalists acting in good faith according to the tenets of their profession.
Spoken like a true Jewish Baker.
Spoken like a true Jewish traitor Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
FTFY assup.
You are right, those fuckers where trying to buy, not sell. However, they did not form the requisite intent to break the law but merely to entrap the nefarious Planned Parenthood.
Again, we must defer to LexusLover for a proper legal opinion which goes beyond black letter law and conforms to common law relative to who qualifies as a journalist, and hence what previously defined situations offer constitutional protection for journalists acting in good faith according to the tenets of their profession. Originally Posted by DSK
Why would you need LexusLover's opinion? They've been indicted. I'm not saying that that necessarily makes them guilty, but obviously someone believes that they have a decent case against them. To me, reading the law, it's pretty damn clear.

On top of that, you don't have to worry about "acting in good faith." They threw that out the window when they forged federal documents to get the tapes, and then deceptively edited the tapes in order for it to appear that they got what they failed to actually get.
FTFY assup. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Fagnit.
Fagnit. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He can't do anything but piss and moan.

Yeah, but what flexibility...
  • DSK
  • 02-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Why would you need LexusLover's opinion?

They've been indicted. I'm not saying that that necessarily makes them guilty, but obviously someone believes that they have a decent case against them. To me, reading the law, it's pretty damn clear.

On top of that, you don't have to worry about "acting in good faith." They threw that out the window when they forged federal documents to get the tapes, and then deceptively edited the tapes in order for it to appear that they got what they failed to actually get. Originally Posted by eatfibo
He is smarter than anyone else on here, and clearly qualified to give a legal opinion....that's why.

(ExNyer is a close second)

As for them forging documents, and deceptive editing...are there any facts to back that up?
He is smarter than anyone else on here, and clearly qualified to give a legal opinion....that's why. Originally Posted by DSK
Why is he qualified to give a legal opinion?

As for them forging documents, and deceptive editing...are there any facts to back that up?
As for deceptive editing, a "former investigative reporter for The Wall Street Journal," Glenn Simpson, reviewed the tapes for his company and came to the conclusion that they were “substantive omissions” from the released tapes. It's all right here. Also, the edited videos strongly suggest that PP was guilty, but, after a review by the Texas DA Anderson, they were "cleared." This strongly suggests that the tapes were deceptively edited considering how they fooled so many people into believing what is not true.

As for forging documents (or, more accurately, "tampering with a governmental record"), that's what they've been indicted for: forging CA driver's licenses. Clearly the conservative DA in Texas thinks there is enough evidence here to press charges.