FIFA World Cup 2014-- who are you rooting for?

• MojoR
  • 07-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm fucking gutted. My Dutch lads just couldn't do it.
Argentina pulled it together when it mattered.

Should be a great match on Sunday. Argentina will need to bring their A+ game with them.
I don't have a big stake in who won today. I was pulling for the Dutch, but it wasn't a big deal for me either way. But it is absolutely unacceptable to end an elimination game in the World Cup with a shoot out. Period. No exceptions. It's like ending a tied baseball game with a home run derby or a tied basketball game with a free throw shooting contest.

Do was was done in the old days. Replay the match. That gives both teams an additional incentive to score because no one wants the fatigue that goes with an extra match. It punishes those that play for the tie. Yes, it may require flexibility with the TV schedule, but so what!! That beats a shoot out.
Well, the shootout comes after playing an additional time ...
The first round of the competition is round robin that allows a tie and the "goal difference" plays an important part ...

The rest of the tournament is by elimination so if a tie in normal time, extra time is played and if tied again, its decided by shootouts, 5 each ...
If tied again, they keep going till someone fails ...

The problem with another system is the thousands of people than travel to watch the cup at the guest country, tv times and a number of variables ...

Ive been watching and playing futbol with this system and never felt wrong ...

The shootout is very intense IMO ...
M2C
Fucking hell mate!!! Lost £400 quid on that silly bollocks bet!!!!!!!! Van Gaal better sign Hummels, Vidal, Di Maria, and two decent centers for my club. Never ask a Dutchman to do an Englishman's job lol! If it were my side England would've lost 10 nil!

I'm fucking gutted. My Dutch lads just couldn't do it.
Argentina pulled it together when it mattered.

Should be a great match on Sunday. Argentina will need to bring their A+ game with them. Originally Posted by MojoR
  • MojoR
  • 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Fucking hell mate!!! Lost £400 quid on that silly bollocks bet!!!!!!!! Van Gaal better sign Hummels, Vidal, Di Maria, and two decent centers for my club. Never ask a Dutchman to do an Englishman's job lol! If it were my side England would've lost 10 nil! Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
God - did they not play like a bunch of fucking cunts. Every time they get so close and then fold under the pressure. Godverdomme, stom idioten!
Sickens me that the Germans get another star on their strip before us. Why not a less racist country??? Hopefully G-d loves Argentina.
I hate penalty shootouts. One modification I have seen done in some lower divisions is to INVERT the order.

If a playoff game does not allow a tie, then START with the penalty shootouts. Everyone is fresh and not tired. Whoever wins the shootouts, gets then the advantage of the tie.

Then play for 90 minutes.

I loved watching it.
Today is the day ...
A long tournament that the high temperatures have required an additional effort by the players ...
Argentina vs Germany ... both teams are strong with possibilities to win ...

I personally would like to see Argentina take the trophy home ...
Their pride that shows when Argentina play would make them win under the commanding magic of one of the best players in the world, if not the best, #10 Lionel Messi - holder of 4 Balon D'Or awards ...

Germany has more chances to win since they are playing the "total futbol" concept that was introduced by Johan Cruyf's Dutch national team back in 1974 world cup ...
It is hard to beat a team that doesnt depend on superstars but plays as a whole all the time ...

Anyway: Go Argentina !!! ...
As an England support I dislike both sides. My £ is on Messi.
Argentina for the win!!
Fuck ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swallow that big german sausage, you arrogant argentinian bitches!!!!!!!

Its gonna be a very busy month for me, thank you germany!!
I tip my hat to Mario Götze ...
The best goal of the tournament ...

Great game ...
Argentina got the German Sausage in spicy Rio!
The best team won. Period.
Lmfao...every side I supported after my 3 Lions went out got bent over one-by-one by the Germans. They German do everything right from youth level to the top.