Other Hobby Sites

TER has been giving me issues too. I have a review that isn't linked to my profile that I have been telling them about since... September? And it's still not getting linked.

Not to mention I "had words" with a former client b/c I wouldn't give him a good reference to see a friend of mine in NOLA b/c he has temper issues. Needless to say, his temper kicked in and he says "I'm good friends with the TER Mod and we'll see to it that you'll never work in this city again." LOL... alright. Guess I'll never work in NOLA again haha Oh noes! I was beginning to think that was why my support requests were being ignored, but I see it's par for the course there. Guess I'll stick right where I am! <3 Eccie <3
TER will not approve a review with BBFS involved. Only covered activities and it has to be mentioned.
Been a member of TER for 8 years. Great site for anyone traveling since it covers most any area of the country.
How tragic it must be to lose a few bucks when compared to a mother losing a daughter and a sister losing her sister. I may be an asshole, but I am a compassionate asshole. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
I may have left the wrong impression with my statement. I was just stating what many have said, the business side of the operation was in disarray long before, that was my point, this tragic event just brought along the end quicker than expected. I really dont care about losing any money under the circumstances. I think that many questions were raised re the business model per se and not answered. Let's be real, the planning and lack of things on the business side was going to catch up and it did, the tragic event expedited the end.
If you fall into the old trap of loyalty to one board, that is your call.........how long does it take to cycle through 2 or 3 boards.

This loyalty stuff is nonsense.

I will post where I am accepted. If I am locked out of threads, I will get tired of the effort and move on.

TBone and Deuce both understand the dynamics of a board require elements of things each of us dislike.

White Knights
Lurkers
Providers
Post Whores
literate
illiterate

All make up the fabric of a board.

The beauty of ASPD was it had all of the above.

The wheels would get wobbly when staff were less than acceptable. But, the train still moved down the track.

When some of you see a train wreck in coed, you are disgusted. A smart board owner sees 145 responses and 1524 views.

That equals lurkers coming on the board and looking at the wreck.
That equals lurkers moving over to the provider ads and checking out the ladies.
That equals business for the ladies smart enough to not participate in the wreck.

A Mod 101 class would do a lot of good for all of the boards.

But, what do I know..............I'm just the F*cking prophet.
I notice that the carry-on site to ASPD that was bruited about (and for which donations were requested) isn't there anymore--not even "under construction." Makes me glad I didn't bite and just came over to ECCIE.
There's a computer and a web server at that address. There's just no content.
There's a computer and a web server at that address. There's just no content. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
That is a regression from what was there a week or so ago; an "Expect great things here soon" notice.
The eraps chat site is still there...just very dead. I recently saw a backpage ad announcing the new site 'coming soon'. It even promised to carry over old review counts, etc.

Sadly, though, I think the atmosphere in the waning days of ASPD turned alot of people sour. Rants, rambling posts, diverging instructions to moderators, etc. - didn't scream 'safe people to donate money to' in my book. I would be shocked if they got more than a half dozen donations, if that.
I hopped on the chat site and there wasn't anything going on, 3 people there and no talking.

From what I saw at the end of ASPD, they had people willing to donate. Now, if they actually donated is another story. I do wish them well though and hope their new site is a success.
Is that the site that was advetising "coming Jan 23rd?"
My impression is that there was a "placeholder" site announcing that they were taking donations, etc. At some point, it said they had bought the servers.

Then it went to the current web page that shows up. To me, this sounds like they installed servers and some of the software to run a web site, but haven't finished the job yet.

It seems to me that it would be a good idea for them to put up at least a "under construction" page, but it would be premature to draw any conclusions about when/if the site will be functional.
There is a Windows based DVD ripper you can download from eraps.

http://eraps.net/vb401/public_html/c...T%20v3.5.7.zip
The site is nearing completion. It will take time to restore the huge amount of data. That is the process underway now.
The Backpage ad had nothing to do with ERAPS.
There is a Windows based DVD ripper you can download from eraps.

http://eraps.net/vb401/public_html/c...T%20v3.5.7.zip Originally Posted by cpi3000
Yes, that is rather hilarious. And somewhat puzzling.