Redhead Mondays

A simple benefit of a long cold winter. Or, something to think about during the upcoming hot dry summer of the northern plains.
I love that pic Unique. I would love to keep her warm.
BTW the fancy French armour did not do well against the long bow did it? Familiar with the Battle of Poitiers? War was a gentleman's game up till then.
Except it was the horses the Brit archers went after. The British archers couldn't kill the knights due to the armor, so they were instructed by the Black Prince (Prince of Wales) to let the French Calvary in (to a trap) so they could kill the horses, after the horses went past, by shooting the horses hindquarters where the horse's protective gear was the weakest (or non-existent) Thus, the French armored Calvary ended up as dismounted, and disorganized, heavy infantry. And, the Black Prince had held the Brit Calvary in reserve until the French Calvary was decimated, and when released, the Brit Calvary flanked the French and cut off the French King's command from the rest of the French Army, and that settled the battle. So it was the Brit Calvary that wrote the ending to that battle. But yes, the horse slaughter changed the game with the European gentleman's version of war going out the window with that.

All that said, I simply prefer to kill dragons and rescue fair maidens. That works pretty well for me.
It's Monday, St. Patricks day, for Christ's sake I came here looking for some hot reds. Really nothing??? I so wish there was a local ginger that provided!!
Aww, Toaster...here you go

Summer approaches
I like summers.
Am I the only one that believes the carpet has to match the drapes?
Am I the only one that believes the carpet has to match the drapes? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Reality or Theory? I would think a wise man would simply not mention that to a gal, if he valued ...
Am I the only one that believes the carpet has to match the drapes? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Isn't part of the fun in the investigation of finding out if they match?

A twofer, Redhead Monday and it will work on Friday as well.