NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Cush was the Team MVP last year and is the adhesive holding the Defense together. This is not the guy you want to shrug off with that #NextManUp routine from last year.. Unless JJ Watt can keep playing out of his motherfucking mind, loosing Cush for the year, could put SuperBowl projections in jepordy. Lets just hope James and Dobbins can play half as well as Cush..

Nice looking #8 Willy. She looks quite good with Schaub's number painted on. I like the lower #8 as much, or more!

On another note, I couldn't help but see the irony in your bottom pic. Especially with the storm clouds hanging over Reliant. No doubt our Super Bowl chances took a hit when Cush went down.

Hindsight being 20/20, most of us know how devastating it was in 2011 when our QB went down with a broken foot. It ruined any chance we had of going to the Super Bowl. I consider Cush to be just as important to our Defense as Schaub is to our offense.

I really do not feel good today. Let's see what tomorrow will bring!
  • Satin
  • 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Well I gotta be honest...everything that has been said about Cush is true...but I don't feel quite as pessimistic as most of you about losing Cush. True, it's a huge loss, but don't think it will impact our SB or playoff chances as much as you think. We need Dobbins, Lamborghini Merci and others to step up no doubt. Everyone was freaking when we lost Mario last year, but I saw that as no big deal also and we were fine.

Barwin has yet to step up and he will. The Ninjah has also gotten a slow start. I just think although it will be a big loss, it won't make us plummet as a bad defense and start losing games. It will make everyone step up their game and play bigger and better.

It looks like Green Bay will not have Benson and maybe not Raji and Finley. I feel we will beat them and be 6-0....

Heal fast Cush and stay out of the strip clubs bro....
It looks like Green Bay will not have Benson and maybe not Raji and Finley. I feel we will beat them and be 6-0....
Originally Posted by Satin
Green Bay may not have Jennings either, but they still got James Jones, Donald Driver and Jordy Nelson. KJ and J Joe will still have their work cut out for them.
Damn...i feel bad for cush....but it's much easier to replace a defensive player,than an offensive player,regarding an injury. remember mario last year? Brooks reeds progress would have been stunted,had mario NOT been hurt,and as the coaches saw that,it was much easier to part with "SCRAP WILLIAMS". Texans been thru this already,Brady James will settle them down,let the young guys play,and EVERYONE will step up. They will get it done....
I wonder how much of a bounty Matt Slauson collected? Its pretty obvious on the replay. The Ryan boys don't fall far from the tree. Fuckers.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...headline_stack
Goodbye Mr. Holliday...

He had his chances, he was just not that good. I support the decision.
On another note, I couldn't help but see the irony in your bottom pic. Especially with the storm clouds hanging over Reliant. No doubt our Super Bowl chances took a hit when Cush went down. Originally Posted by bigtex
Um...that's the Superdome...not Reliant...
  • linux
  • 10-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Goodbye Mr. Holliday...

He had his chances, he was just not that good. I support the decision. Originally Posted by TheDon
I was bummed to see this. Really was rooting for the guy. But he just couldn't get it done.

Our special teams is a disaster so far.
  • Satin
  • 10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I have to admit, I was rooting for the little dude to stay on the team. I give him props for what he did at that size. Almost unheard of. But the NFL is all about production and he wasn't producing very much. We were last in special teams.....that's not gonna get it done. Yea, he had some nice runs in preseason, but that doesn't mean shit. A lot of guys were playing that didn't even make the team.

Back away from the ledge fellas, we're fine....
Signed Barrett Rudd to fill in at LB.

Holiday wouldn't even catch a punt, WTF man? I was yelling "cut his ass" as I watched MNF.

I hope Brooks Reid or Barwin can move inside and Mercilus can fill in. We will miss Cush, he was a mfing playmaker!!

BT, you repeating Douche, mark my words Dopey and to a lesser degree Kubes are the weak links. Who else has a FF league named after him? DOPEY!!!!

And to refresh your memory BT(BigTwat), TJ played very Schaub like during the Baltimore playoff game that he almost won for us. He was throwing in the end zone to Andre for a chance to win the game. Almost did it. It is very relieving to know that we have TJ waiting in the wings to replace Dopes when needed. Dopey is much easier to replace than Cush, especially in Kubes conservative system. Time will tell who is right. Oh and if I am wrong and Dopey leads us to a Super Bowl Victory I will even buy you lap dance from the ugliest bitch I can find at the strip club of my and Satins choosing!! In the meantime STFU!!!

And just so we all don't get too excited yet, the combined record of the teams we have played so far is 8-17. Only the Broncos are a legit playoff threat.
Texans won, but didn't even cover the spread. Yea say what you want, but they only won by 6...(I'm glad but damn) and I was worried for a bit. Originally Posted by Satin
What were you worried about. You were at a classy place, you had your own table surrounded by homies and lovely ladies. I had the super hot blond hostess bring you your own cheese tray with crackers.
Um...that's the Superdome...not Reliant... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Good catch!

BT, you repeating Douche............And to refresh your memory BT(BigTwat).................In the meantime STFU!!!. Originally Posted by Daddio
Let the record reflect that DD fired the opening shots of the 2012 football season against the "kinder and gentler" BT (thanks GHWB). I wonder if Satin is planning to reprimand him. Stay tuned!

Damn, I love this place!
mark my words Dopey and to a lesser degree Kubes are the weak links. Originally Posted by Daddio
Five weeks into the 2012 NFL season, Kubes, J.J. Watt, Schaub and Foster get positive accolades from the Bleacher Report for their efforts. It should be noted that the BR writer probably was unaware of DD's expert "weak links" analysis of both Kubes and Schaub (found quoted above) prior to writing his report.

Kubes:

"Four NFL coaches have done a masterful job thus far. The first two in question are the two remaining undefeated head coaches. Gary Kubiak of the Houston Texans and Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons have guided their teams to a perfect start through Week 5. Houston and Atlanta are playing well in all three aspects of the game—offense, defense and special teams. They have built up a comfortable lead already in their divisions and shouldn't have too many problems in realizing a division title in 2012. The other two coaches who have yielded surprising results are Jeff Fisher of the St. Louis Rams and Leslie Frazier of the Minnesota Vikings."

J.J. Watt:

The NFL Defensive Player of the Month for September was awarded to Chicago Bears CB Tim Jennings (NFC) and Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt (AFC). As for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, there are seven players that I think are playing a superior brand of football. The seven players in question are Watt, Jennings, Green Bay Packers LB Clay Matthews, Atlanta Falcons S Thomas DeCoud, Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware, San Francisco 49ers LB NaVorro Bowman and Minnesota Vikings LB Chad Greenway.

Schaub and Foster:

"The two teams that are commanding the most attention through five weeks are the only two teams that are still undefeated, the Houston Texans and the Atlanta Falcons.
Until somebody gives them a loss, their leaders will definitely be in consideration for the (NFL) Most Valuable Player award. So, I would say the clubhouse leaders after five weeks are Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan, Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub and RB Arian Foster."

The link for the entire report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...d-after-week-5
8-17 BigTwat, 8-17. Clay Mathews is coming to see Dopey this Sunday night, I hope he speeds his decision making up and gets rid of the ball prior to laying down like a girl.

If we do go to the Super Bowl, Harbaugh vs Kubes is a mismatch!!!!
McCarthy vs Kubes gives the edge to the Pack
Harbaugh vs Kubes big edge to the Ravens
We saw it Monday night Rex vs Kubes Jets almost won with shitty talent. If they recover the onside kick that we were unprepared for, fuck their guy had it until Keo clawed it free, they probably win. Or if we don't have JJ Mfing Watt we probably lose to the Jets. Kubes looked confused by NY.
When has Kubes ever outcoached anyone or run a trick play that worked? Or fuck just run any type of trick play period???
Go Steelers....

Steelers-Babe2.jpg