NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Well I disagree about your assessment of our run defense. We will see when we play better teams. It will be a test when we play Baltimore and have to face Ray Rice. Chris Johnson was churning up yardage before we got the lead - Reggie too.

Dre needs to produce or we should use the younger receivers more. I think Jean will be a good one and the eventual replacement for Dre. Dre was great no doubt, but also has some drops we can't afford when we play better teams.

Actually Keyshawn will be handling the return duties. I know he can do it, but just a bit concerned about his hands. I'm glad we have Tate back as well.

Mix, don't fret bro. I think the Steelers have more to worry about than your Boys. The Boys are just underachieving and making mistakes. The Steelers are just old, have no running game, bad OL and a old banged up defense. Big Ben is their only hope to win anything. If they were not wearing black and yellow, noone would even be talking about them. But don't worry boys, the bandwagon has a few more spots left so both of you can feel free to jump on.....

Dopey is ranked #17 in passing yards (1162) and # 7 in QB ratings with a 99.2.

Our run Defense is ranked #9 and # 17 -when you look at yards per carry with a 4.0.
and to add insult to injury,i gotta start romo this week,because BEARS have a bye week.....might as well bury myself btw angelbarbie's thighs...... Originally Posted by Mixshowdj
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah...your right satin. I got a small sliver of hope left for my boys....if we had the steeler's coach,we'd be better off...we get our heart tested for REAL this week,having to go up to RAY LEWIS house. If we don't at least compete,we can kiss the baby...on our season,and i may as well trade myself to the texans .......
  • Satin
  • 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Damn tough loss for the Boys...missed field goal as times runs out....wow!!

The Cowboys vs Texans Superbowl is not looking too good...
Looks like all JaCoby Jones needed was a change of scenery LOL

And ole Dez needs to learn how catch a ball or two and stop complaining to the officials
Yeah man.....maturity is a problem too on cowboys team. Dez is too uptight...Your still a mod right DED? man...i should book a session for ole' DEZ with the chick in your avatar...hell....we would have won the damn game.......Oh well...on to Carolina and Cam next week......
Wish the Ravens lost, home field is going to be tough to get!

I saw the Jacoby play live, smh...I feel happy for the guy actually..

And the Falcons are lucky Fucking duckies, they would have lost had Cam not fumbled 2 weeks ago, lost if they didn't get a great 50 yard catch from Roddy last week from their own 1, and they got a 55 yarder today against a team they were favored 11 against today.
I saw the end of that cowboys game. That last play before the field goal attempt was highly suspect. The cowboys acted like they didn't give a damn about the clock and wasted that last timeout. There was no sense of urgency. Not from romo or anybody else. They had a chance to get off another play and try to get their sorry-ass kicker a little easier shot at the winning fg. There's something seriously wrong with the collective mentality of that team.

I almost feel sorry for their fans. Almost, hahaha!!
Cowboys suck ass!!!! But no bandwagon jumping......yet.....But,on another note....TEXANS FANS...its official.Ray lewis...gone for the year....ladaruis webb....gone for the year.....and haloti nagata.....day-to-day.....THIS GOTTA BE TEXANS YEAR......
I just read about it! Fucking craaa

That really sucks for them..
Wow!!! Ray Lewis gone for the year???

Well can't worry about that until next week. The Texans better stop bullshittin' and worry about this game! Aaron Rodgers is trying to get his swagger back(just threw a 41yd TD pass to Jordy Nelson. He's gonna be beating Kareem Jackson all night.)!
All I can say is, it has been a team effort! The Texans sucked on both sides of the ball.

I hope they got it all out of their system!
All I can say is, it has been a team effort! The Texans sucked on both sides of the ball.

I hope they got it all out of their system! Originally Posted by bigtex
Agreed...I think the loss of Brian Cushing my be more than we thought. Also, playing man on those big receivers killed us. Everyone was sitting "in the box" trying to stop the run and the defense never changed.

They needed this loss ....
Texans looked like trash. I mean the defense was fucking unrecognizable. Shit we need a Brian Cushing clone out there or something. Hell, can we get DeMeco Ryans back in there? Then only 2 sacks on a QB who's been getting sacked like potatoes all season? And the run game. We have depth in the run game like no other and these motherfucking coaches get stuck on stupid with Arian. Mad props for the dude but when he isn't working, Tate or Forsett have a better chance. And it looked like the few touches they got were working. Butno, back to trying to force Arian. Then they gave up and try to rely on the air game.

I hope they clean this shit up by next Sunday.

Props to Green Bay but the Texans didn't look right at all.
Seen this on another forum. I agree with mostly all of it.
Eh.... I don't know about all that, I love Tate, don't see what he could have done that Foster couldn't. The offensive line just got their asses kicked...But I think the defense looked much worse, they gave up 42...

They bad coaching AND bad play from the players. I can't pin this on anyone in particular. The Packers gave up a ton of sacks this year, and WE HAD NO PRESSURE, shit was ridiculous. And I'm gonna call out a couple of players right now. Connar Barwin and Jonathon Joseph: Barwin hasn't looked that great this year, Joe has looked like shit this past week, I'm hoping something is wrong with them or that they have a minor injury, because I refuse to believe that they are playing at 100%

Besides them, Smith had a bad game, but he's been pretty solid this year, as has the rest of our secondary, I thought Reed looked okay. Not sure how big this Cushing injury is, but if this is a sign of things to come, this is not good...I'm pretty sure they played hard today, which is why I'm concerned right now, so either they had a shitty game-plan/coaching, or they are just not that good (right now)

But as shitty of a night we had, the Ravens had a worse night...I looked at their schedule, I'm not even sure they will make the post-season...and I don't even know what to expect next week when we play them....we might win, but they might not even be that good....So it might not even be worth being excited for (I know that sounds crazy, because it's Fucking Baltimore) but I can't see them surviving the 3 big injuries they had today...

The AFC is wide open right now, Pats lost again...they are .500.

After tonight, I don't consider anyone of us the front-runners anymore....I think the Chargers have the best shot at winning the AFC now....they are always loaded on Defense, and they have Rivers. Fuck, if they had any year to pick to finally deliver, this would be a good time for them.

I'm not losing hope though, whatever happens next week, hopefully the Texans have their shit together after the bye week. And even if they don't, our division is shit and we have A TON of time to improve.

And btw why the FUCK was ALAN BALL covering Jordy Nelson??...