NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

So much went wrong, I prefer to try to forget about it. We now need to look forward to the Ravens and not be concerned they have a few key players hurt/injured. Green Bay did also, but look what that got us. It will be interesting to see how we bounce back. We have to trust Kubiak and Wade will get them right again. It's not all doom and gloom, we are still 5-1 & in first place in the division. Originally Posted by Satin
I agree.Late this afternoon I finally came to the realization that over the course of a 16 game season, just about every team has a game or two that they really suck. We really need to be on our game against the Ravens this weekend! I would like to blow their asses out by 20.

Barring another significant injury, I still predict a 13-3 regular season and #1 seed for the Texans!
Aight RC, calm down bro....

Don, did you see this freaking game tonight? San Diego goes up 24 to nothing. The Broncs score 35 fucking points in a row...are you kidding me? Poor Rivers looked like Romo out there throwing all those picks.... Originally Posted by Satin
Man, I said earlier that the Chargers scared me, and they were scaring the shit out of me after the first half

I was happy to see Manning make them look normal LoL. But Rivers basically lost them the game, they still have a really good defense.

It was entertaining to watch though, even my fantasy guys didn't do shit lol
  • Satin
  • 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM
BT, I hope you're right bro....although I'm not quite that optimistic. I was thinking 11-5...

Well we get to see a couple of our former players....Pollard and Leach. Jacobi was actually playing for the Ravens last year, he just didn't bother to tell us that...

As I watched his dumbass doing that stupid dance when he scored, it really pissed me off that loser couldn't do shit when he was here.....

Don, I don't feel anything for the Ravens...we have had key players hurt too. Webb will hurt them. Ray-Ray is only a shell of himself now. A first ballet HOF no doubt, but his production has dwindled considerably. His leadership is what they value from him. It's like having an extra coach, motivator and teacher all in one...
Man, I thought Nagta was going to be out for a while, that's what I heard last night, and that's why I felt for them, but I just heard he's fine now and will play next week... But had he been out for an extended period of time, that would have sucked for them. So I don't feel too bad for them now.

Also, Jacoby was actually Deion Sander's number 1 guy of the week in his "Primetime" top 10 players thing, I was like "Daamn" when I saw that, never would have predicted that..
The Texans will now go 10-6 but will still make the playoffs.
Look for other teams to replicate what Green Bay did to their running game. SO i feel like a few more losses loom on the horizon for them. They just can't afford to go into a losing skid like the Cowboys are right now.
NOT TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE PACK,
BUT TRUTH BE TOLD,
TEXANS SPOON FED PACKERS CRUSTY ASS CHEESE BALL POINTS ALL FUCKING GAME

GB's 1st possession.... Good Texans D, GB forced to punt... Wait a minute, flag on 4th down for Posey offsides? WTF?... And it leads to 7 pts

In the Q2, score 14-7 we get another flag this time for a Kareem Jackson PI (28yds) on 3rd and 2.. WTF??? and leads to another GB TD... Score now 21-7

Following Texans Drive going well but ended in a FG, cause we get flagged for false start, and Dopey recovers his own fumble... and Kubes decides to kick a 51yrd FG instead of going for it on 4-2... Come on!!

21-10 now at half time with 2 GB TD drives that were extended by dumb-ass penalties (1 on 4th and long, 1 on 3rd and short) and Kubes not having the balls to run the ball on 4th and 2 vs a team that's horrible vs the run. IMO easily could have been 7-14 Texans

Then there was the CLUSTER-FUCK DRIVE..... with the score 21-10, Rogers is leading GB down the field but Texans D holds up forcing a FG on 4th n 20.... 4th and MOTHERFUCKING 20!!! Barwin gets flagged for a personal foul giving GB a 1st down on the 11... ... Again, defense holds tight on 3rd and 14, forcing a FG. Wait a minute... D. Manning is called for a personal mother-fucking foul giving GB 1st and goal on the 1 yd line??? [/COLOR]

Now 28-10

The rest was pretty much trash time....

Here are the awards... no game balls just Crusty Ass Cheese balls:

7 Crusty Ass Cheese Balls go to D.Posey for your 4th down offside penalty costing us 7 points

7 Crusty Ass Cheese Balls go to K. Jackson for your 3rd down PI Penalty for 28yds costing us 7 points..

2 Crusty Ass Cheese Balls go to Kubes to replace his testicles which he forgot about on a 4th and 2 51yrd FG... IMO your more likely to come up with 2yds gaining momentum than attempting a long ass 51yrd FG...

7 JUMBO Crusty Ass Cheese Balls go to Barwin and D. Manning for extending a REDZONE drive. Your 4th and long and 3rd long penalties personal foul penalties cost us 7 points.

14 JUMBO Crusty Ass Cheese Balls go to Joe Marciano for some FUCKED UP SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY. Not only were we extending Pakers' scoring drives but even our returns were fucking horrible. OK a 51yd FG and a late Fumble recovery for TD, but FUCK... The all around effort on special teams was atrocious! Not only HUGE penalties but we also kept getting pinned back! Are we now too damn scared to call a fair catch inside the 20?

With the Game out of hand at 28-10,,,,21 of those points were handed to the Packers as CRUSTY ASS CHEESE BALLS

Honorable Cheese Ball mentions go to Schaub for throwing an INT (game was already out of hand) that cost us another 7pts, and to the O-Line--What the fuck happened??

On the way out of Reliant Stadium I was congratulating Pakers fans on being 3 and motherfucking 3. LOL.. 1 response I got is "Come on man, you guys can afford this loss." I thought about it and as embarrassing as it was, he had a point.

All-in-all, this is one of the least important games for the Texans this year. However in terms of pride, it hurt baaad.

However, nice see you fellers are on the ball here... The REAL GAME is VS BALTIMORE... BATTLE FOR 1st PLACE..
I agree with Willy, The GB loss was not against a division or conference rival. If you're going to lose, a non-conference game is the one you want to lose. Before the season began, I felt the Texans would finish 12-4 (or possibly 11-5) with one of the losses being against GB. However, I didn't predict a 5-0 start prior to GB

Barring another significant injury (of the magnitude of Cush) I stand by my previous prediction that the Texans will end up the AFC #1 seed at 13-3.

I admit that I am a 'homer," almost to a fault! LOL
  • Satin
  • 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Great analysis bro, and I agree. Unfortunately penalties are part of the game. (ask the Cowboys) That "cluster-fuck drive" really sealed it. Barwin made a dumb move and surely knows better. I know Manning was frustrated but throwing punches in a pile? (DED texted me to tell me what happened cause we couldn't see from the other side) Those were just stupid...

Right now we're tied with the Ravens and need this one bad. The Ravens are hurting but will be more motivated to beat us and win one for Ray-Ray. Our 3 former Texans players will be also giving extra effort to beat us at home and prove they made a bad decision in getting rid of them. This is a key game & our first true test...
  • Molay
  • 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
This is definitely not the time to panic. Since the NFL has gone to a 16 game schedule, no team has won all 16 games and then gone on to win the Super Bowl (and it has only happened once in the history of the Super Bowl era - '72 Dolphins). Losses are a part of the process. 5-1 is a fantastic record and is tied for the lead for the home field in the playoffs.

Rodgers had an incredible game and the Texans had a sub-par game. Maybe they began to believe their own hype. Who knows. Rodgers was unbelievably accurate and his receivers were making incredible catches. Green Bay would have beat anybody Sunday night.
Great shit Willy!

Guys, read this shit, it's Fucking gold: http://profootballmock.com/?p=5438
The Barwin penalty was bullshit and I have to give props to nutless Kubes for raising hell(well at least squawking a little). Barwin jumped in the air trying to block the kick and I think he got called for the bullshit leverage penalty where you can't use another guy to help you jump to block a kick.
  • Satin
  • 10-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Wow Donnie boy, that shit was fucking hilarious!!! Damn, where did you find that? I laughed my ass off until Aaron Rodgers bitch ass showed up....
I hear you Satin, the tailgating and atmosphere prior to the game were electric. Big letdown.

Outcoached, Out Qb'd, Out Defensed. Fuck it seemed like if JJ Watt didn't make a play nobody would. I am ready for some Mercilus or even some Braman on D. I wonder if Braman can play inside? One Eye let me know, I think he is only a OLB but fuck Bradie slow ass James and Dobbins are not playmakers, we need some LB's that are playmakers. Braman plays special teams like his hair is on fire!!

McClain said fuck it in the paper and just gave everybody an F-. He hit the nail on the head.

Only one thing can cheer me up, Olivia88 needs to run a Sit on my face special. I would like to Packher!!

Except for JJ, same old script. Same shitty playcalling, same shitty QB'ing and without Cush(and Demeco) and a pass rush, same shitty D.

Next week will be interesting, can we stop the Ravens? Can we run the damn ball?? Can we block on a fucking running play?? Cowgirls ran all day on the Ravens. Good teams respond to laying a big fucking egg, next week we find out if we are contenders or pretenders. Big Coaching edge to the Ravens, talent edge to the Texans. Should be very interesting without Ray Lewis!! Originally Posted by Daddio
hmmm sounds like a challange Im up for it
Eh.... I don't know about all that, I love Tate, don't see what he could have done that Foster couldn't. The offensive line just got their asses kicked...But I think the defense looked much worse, they gave up 42... Originally Posted by TheDon
Come on bro. Probably couldn't do much with Tate having just come off a injury but he had 3 carries for 14 yards (4.6 yds a carry). Forsett who I regard as a hybrid of Foster and Tate had 7 carries for 47 yards (6.7yds a carry). Then we have the Texans trying to force the golden goose to lay eggs. I know he wanted to himself, but at 17 carries and 29 yards (1.7 yds a carry) you have to change it up. Maybe he's on Kubes fantasy football team. He did get two short TDs.

Coach has a gameplan and when it goes to shit he's stuck out there with his thumb up his ass. Are offense is still too potent for that shit.

Guys, Vegas right now has the Texans as the Superbowl Favorites at 4.5 to 1, WTF? Did they not see the game last night? GB is Fucking 10 to 1!

Pats are just behind Hou at 5 to 1. These lines are way off imo... Originally Posted by TheDon
I'm over reacting and flipping tables but it sounds right. We shouldn't have lost to the Packers, but we did. Better stated, we shouldn't have looked that bad. If they did win, they should have earned it. Hopefully the Texans clean themselves up. I mean Rodgers has been sack lunch for all kinds of shabby teams and we only got 2? Come on guys.

I think the worse part is you have Woodson getting off the hook with shit like "We're better than them... and The Texans know we are better than them" and Rodgers silencing his critics with us. It ain't right.

Also it appears we are in the running for the 2017 Super Bowl.
Come on bro. Probably couldn't do much with Tate having just come off a injury but he had 3 carries for 14 yards (4.6 yds a carry). Forsett who I regard as a hybrid of Foster and Tate had 7 carries for 47 yards (6.7yds a carry). Then we have the Texans trying to force the golden goose to lay eggs. I know he wanted to himself, but at 17 carries and 29 yards (1.7 yds a carry) you have to change it up. Maybe he's on Kubes fantasy football team. He did get two short TDs.

Coach has a gameplan and when it goes to shit he's stuck out there with his thumb up his ass. Are offense is still too potent for that shit.

I'm over reacting and flipping tables but it sounds right. We shouldn't have lost to the Packers, but we did. Better stated, we shouldn't have looked that bad. If they did win, they should have earned it. Hopefully the Texans clean themselves up. I mean Rodgers has been sack lunch for all kinds of shabby teams and we only got 2? Come on guys.

I think the worse part is you have Woodson getting off the hook with shit like "We're better than them... and The Texans know we are better than them" and Rodgers silencing his critics with us. It ain't right.

Also it appears we are in the running for the 2017 Super Bowl. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
The O-line just did a shitty job at blocking. I think those yards Forsett go were during garbage time after the game was out of hand. I would like to see Foster's touches go down, for sure, but I don't think Tate is a better runner, though.

Yeah, Rodgers said that shit, too. That also pissed me off. That better be posted in the locker room this week...