What Are You Watching on TV Nowadays?

• cr76
  • 12-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Fargo ends tomorrow night. Catching up on last weeks episode. Noticed the alien bumper sticker in the store and loved Martin Freeman's narration in the opening.
  • cr76
  • 12-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Wow, that was crazy, knew Bear leaving Ma in the hands of injun Joe was a bad idea, but WTF with the UFO!!
Peggy's reaction to the UFO was unexpected and just another reason why this season has been so great.
  • cr76
  • 12-13-2015, 10:43 PM
I also like how bear took a bullet to the head, and several to the chest and was still trying to strangle Lou
I am watching
American Horror Story: Hotel
waiting for the return of
Person of Interest
Blacklist
elementary
the Flintstones
Soap
Mary Hartman Mary Hartman
  • cr76
  • 12-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Shame about The blumquist. I love how the Fargo theme plays on each season finale - so far. Speaking of music , this season has been killing it with the soundtrack - both originals and the covers
Love the No Country for Old Men scene and theme in the finale.
  • cr76
  • 12-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Love the No Country for Old Men scene and theme in the finale. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Was that when they talk about seeing into the future

love how they make references to the coen brothers movie. Makes me wonder when they will bring in Hudsucker Industries. would love to see a reference to raising Arizona.

I kind of understood why bear killed his niece but still sad.

And it's looks like we haven;t seen the end of Injun Joe (who come to think of it, was a little like Javier Bardem in No country ) and Mike Milligan. That was funny that despite Mike not wanting to be a grunt, he was confused and out of place in the office.
"Scorpion." I'm a geekette, and this appeals to the serious "Big Bang" side of me. (More than coincidental that both shows are on CBS. The networks seems to be embracing "brainy.") Supposedly based on the real life of computer expert Walter O'Brien, but loose as a goose there. A wee bit outlandish what they accomplish in an hour, but not so much if you think of it as science fiction. Last night's episode was funny and touching.

I also like "Limitless." Clever writing and a CBS winner again, arguably more entertaining and definitely more lighthearted than the Bradley Cooper movie it's based on. He's keeping the standards up as a producer, and occasionally makes a guest appearance. Jake McDorman is a hoot as the new main character.
Was that when they talk about seeing into the future

love how they make references to the coen brothers movie. Makes me wonder when they will bring in Hudsucker Industries. would love to see a reference to raising Arizona.

I kind of understood why bear killed his niece but still sad.

And it's looks like we haven;t seen the end of Injun Joe (who come to think of it, was a little like Javier Bardem in No country ) and Mike Milligan. That was funny that despite Mike not wanting to be a grunt, he was confused and out of place in the office. Originally Posted by cr76
The whole first 15 minutes or so with all the shootings. It was the same things they did in NCFOM in the border town. Yea the future thing but also how some of the endings played out. Blumquist died just like Josh Brolin; a simple working man caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people by a gunshot wound. On another forum a guy was pissed "WTF?! Mike Milligan gets the Vic Mackey treatment?" which is what I was thinking when that whole scene was happening.
  • cr76
  • 12-15-2015, 02:41 PM
The whole first 15 minutes or so with all the shootings. It was the same things they did in NCFOM in the border town. Yea the future thing but also how some of the endings played out. Blumquist died just like Josh Brolin; a simple working man caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people by a gunshot wound. On another forum a guy was pissed "WTF?! Mike Milligan gets the Vic Mackey treatment?" which is what I was thinking when that whole scene was happening. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Ahhh ok, I see what your saying. Thanks for explanation. I need to see NCFOM again. I felt bad for Ed, he didn't even take illegal goods like Brolin did which makes it all the worse. He just got swept up in it and all he wanted to do was raise a family with peggy and own a butcher shop.
Scorpion (She is doable and I would do Happy too)
The Player (that blonde is hot)
Blindspot (like the chick hate the FBI dude)
Prospectors (like the chick with big tits but she has like 7 kids so you know that pussy is like a cavern unless she had a C sec.)
Gold Rush (but I only watch the clean out all the women are ugly and it is mostly dudes)
Tosh.0 (is he a fag or not)
Ridiculousness (Chanel West Coast is the perfect ditzy blonde)

I sure will be glad when all the Christmas specials are done and we can get back to regular programming........

Oh yeah, any show with girl on girl action
  • cr76
  • 12-15-2015, 08:44 PM
HOMELAND ends next week - then I'm going to try and binge watch some Netflix stuff if possible
"Scorpion." I'm a geekette, and this appeals to the serious "Big Bang" side of me. (More than coincidental that both shows are on CBS. The networks seems to be embracing "brainy.") Supposedly based on the real life of computer expert Walter O'Brien, but loose as a goose there. A wee bit outlandish what they accomplish in an hour, but not so much if you think of it as science fiction. Last night's episode was funny and touching. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Mr. Robot is way more realistic than the crap they show on Scorpion. It's pretty dark also. Complete opposite of what they show on CBS.

I watch TV for only a few reasons, one is to be entertained and the other is to learn something.
On TV, crap is subjective and what is entertaining to some is boredom to others.
The sad fact is most of what is on all TV, cable, or otherwise is crap to somebody.