Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

I used to have an Akira on vhs too and yeah i am old so what? lol. I read the first three pages of this thread and said fuck it won't remember what all i want to talk about if i read all of the pages first. I my opinion Kirk would win cause his ass would do whatever it takes to win.
On a separate note i like all of dc's direct movies and thought that The Dark Knight was done superbly. The Wonder Woman one was pretty awesome too never thought i would see someone being beheaded in a dc movie. Superman All-Stars was awesome. Loved the story. I REALLY like the Adventures of Superman and Ultimate Spiderman cartoons that they have on now and I am super pissed that they cancelled Young Justice from the DC NAtion lineup.
If i was on the Big Bang Theory I would soo bang Penny. I think she is hot
OMG I'M SO PISSED ABOUT YJ TOO! I was already upset when Clone Wars had been given the boot from production just a few weeks before that. Both were the best non-anime action toons being produced.
Wait, they booted both? Wtf?!
Yep, right after disney bought LA, they wrapped up CW but promise a future animated series to help fill in the story plots of the next seven, maybe even more, star wars movies that they're releasing. Got to say I wanted to cry a little. Had myself a little girl crush on Asoka. Young Justice was great for filling in the gap that teen titans left in me so long ago....
Disney also let everyone at Lucas Arts Game development go and they now have a contract with EA to produce new star wars games. And speaking of Teen Titans, I loved the comics, enjoyed the animated series but this new Teen Titans Go is pure trash. I hate it!
Everyone knows Star Wars is better than Star Trek. I do however fantasize about getting crazy in the holodeck. That would be fun.

Q. What did they find in the laboratory of the Starship Enterprise?

A. The captains Log. Originally Posted by hardnfast
Rofl!

I used to have an Akira on vhs too and yeah i am old so what? lol. I read the first three pages of this thread and said fuck it won't remember what all i want to talk about if i read all of the pages first. I my opinion Kirk would win cause his ass would do whatever it takes to win.
On a separate note i like all of dc's direct movies and thought that The Dark Knight was done superbly. The Wonder Woman one was pretty awesome too never thought i would see someone being beheaded in a dc movie. Superman All-Stars was awesome. Loved the story. I REALLY like the Adventures of Superman and Ultimate Spiderman cartoons that they have on now and I am super pissed that they cancelled Young Justice from the DC NAtion lineup.
If i was on the Big Bang Theory I would soo bang Penny. I think she is hot Originally Posted by keith
All-Star Superman was one of my favorites as well. It's so sad and bittersweet. It followed very closely to the miniseries both in story and Frank Quitely's unique art style.

OMG I'M SO PISSED ABOUT YJ TOO! I was already upset when Clone Wars had been given the boot from production just a few weeks before that. Both were the best non-anime action toons being produced. Originally Posted by Glynette
What the deuce? They cancelled both YJ and Clone Wars? The YJ Invasion stuff was really good, damnit!

The new Thundercats show was very good as well, so hopefully that's still around.

And we all still eagerly await the next season of The Legend of Korra!
Yes, Legend of Korra! Fellow Avatar fan, here!
How'd you like that season finale? Kind of dark, no?
Awesome-ness...

Joker & that crowbar. TFF

The voice acting in part I wasn't that great. Glad to see Part II's was improved. Sadly, I missed that they couldn't find a way to incorporate the internal dialogue that Frank Miller is good at.

This one to me is just alright. Not big on Bat's in this one, & it's really a Supe's movie....

An origin story done 90% right...

If you don't know the JL then you'll just go, "What's with all the randoms?" I actually liked Lantern in this one.
  • klutz
  • 05-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Still not a fan of the show Defiance.... but I have been DVR'ing it and will watch it to fast forward through the commercials... every show's highlight is getting to see Mia Kirshner in usually not a whole lot of clothing....

Unless I missed it, no talk of Babylon 5 in this thread?
Yes, Legend of Korra! Fellow Avatar fan, here!
How'd you like that season finale? Kind of dark, no? Originally Posted by theCFE
I loved the Legend of Korra - probably even more so than the original series since it was geared towards older audiences. I don't think there was a single episode in the series I didn't like.

I did like the season finale, but I didn't feel it was that dark other than Amon's ending, which I felt was balanced out by Korra finally unlocking her full Avatar powers.

I'm really curious to see what's going to happen in the next season though.

Unless I missed it, no talk of Babylon 5 in this thread? Originally Posted by George Zimmer
Interestingly, I have actually never seen Babylon 5 (although I have had it recommended to me). I was overseas at the time it aired, so I never got around to watching it after I came back and heard about it.

I do hear it compared to DS9 often though since I guess they aired at around the same time and the war with the Dominion is similar to the large war in Babylon 5?
Awesome-ness...

Joker & that crowbar. TFF

The voice acting in part I wasn't that great. Glad to see Part II's was improved. Sadly, I missed that they couldn't find a way to incorporate the internal dialogue that Frank Miller is good at.

This one to me is just alright. Not big on Bat's in this one, & it's really a Supe's movie....

An origin story done 90% right...

If you don't know the JL then you'll just go, "What's with all the randoms?" I actually liked Lantern in this one.
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Hmm... getting a lot of red X's...
Shit...
All Star Superman
Batman Under the Red Hood
Frank Miller's Batman the Dark Knight Returns part I & II
Superman Batman:Apocalypse
Wonder Woman
Justice League: the New Frontier

Time to replace pics. *sigh*
Shit...
All Star Superman

See my comments above.

Batman Under the Red Hood

Pretty visuals, story was alright.

Frank Miller's Batman the Dark Knight Returns part I & II

Never watched this one, but I read the original book. Ah Frank Miller, you so crazy!

Superman Batman:Apocalypse

Again, nothing amazing but does very faithfully follow the origin of Supergirl from the 2000's (I actually have the run of Superman/Batman where this is from). Always love the Michael Turner art style though.

Wonder Woman

Haven't seen it, but heard good things.

Justice League: the New Frontier

It was once on the background at a party I went to, but I wasn't paying enough attention to it. The premise seemed interesting enough though.

Time to replace pics. *sigh* Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam was pretty decent as well.