What is your definition of Energy Independence

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination... Originally Posted by WTF
Then quit posing as one!

Time to take your own advice:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=202
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Energy independence has nothing to do with the price of gasoline.

We were energy independent when the market was flooded with oil and drove the price of gasoline down...we are energy independent now and gasoline prices are sky high
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 11:37 AM
Then quit posing as one!

Time to take your own advice:

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...&postcount=202 Originally Posted by lustylad
I'm only seem like an expert to you because you think energy independence means we can always control the price of oil.
Energy independence has nothing to do with the price of gasoline.

We were energy independent when the market was flooded with oil and drove the price of gasoline down...we are energy independent now and gasoline prices are sky high Originally Posted by WTF
Where did I mention gasoline in that post? We are not flooded with oil. F Joe Biden is restricting our flow (as depicted in the cartoon) and he is trying to increase the flow by begging - let's be honest here - he's pan-handling to - some shady characters that do not give a rat's-patoot about us and there is no telling what sort of "deal" he is offering them under the table.

This is the easily expected result, hell even a blind monkey can see it, of trying to go down the Green New Deal path to appease the work-tard, aka communist, base, which has scant little to do with climate and everything to do with controlling markets and the means of production. Comrade.
I'm (sic) only seem like an expert to you because you think energy independence means we can always control the price of oil. Originally Posted by WTF
A real expert doesn't start a thread transparently seeking to trap others into saying something dumb like that... and then lie about it when nobody takes the bait.

Tiny is an energy expert. You're an expert in licking Putin's asshole and praising him for juicing your stock portfolio while he slaughters innocent Ukrainians.

Wtf is wrong with me? Originally Posted by WTF
Good question. Everything. Get help before your next meltdown.
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 12:26 PM
the worldwide price of oil can be high while domestically the price of gas in the US can be low. that happens when you have a net surplus. why is that so complicated for you, professor? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
And this is the stupidest thing I've read in this thread if we discount everything LexusLover has written and 98% of what lustylad has posted!

Speaking of...maybe our resident economist can explain to the world how we can have high world wide oil prices , yet cheap domestic gasoline prices.

Yada Yada. We all know that oil prices are set by worldwide supply and demand, and OPEC + Russia has the ability to affect supply through quotas.

. Originally Posted by Tiny
Let's just stop right there and discuss wtf you just said....you and lustylad seem in sync with this POV as do I.

Where you two sugar pants go off the reservation is in your inability to comprehend wtf that truly means.

I think it means our ability, given our private tier energy sector, to be energy independent is governed more by outside forces (Russia OPEC...) than internal ones. Imho you two are playing partisan politics by giving the President (whomever it may be) too much credit/blame.

Nobody is saying if we get the US back to (net) energy independence, it will ipso facto lower global oil & gas prices. That's a straw man argument. But it will help us to withstand "supply shocks" elsewhere in the world. And it obviously increases our leverage in situations where a major energy producer like Russia is misbehaving.
Originally Posted by lustylad
Please tell me how we'd have any more leverage to stop Putin from invading Ukraine if we could instantly turn on (we can't) and start pumping a million more barrels.

You do realize we were energy independent in 2021? If it is such a great thing....how come you haven't patted Biden on the back?
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 02:39 PM
and praising him for juicing your stock portfolio while he slaughters innocent Ukrainians.
. Originally Posted by lustylad
I'd only praise Putin if you were Ukrainian!

Tiny is an energy expert. Originally Posted by lustylad
It appears Tiny was your energy professor in college and Homer Simpson taught you economics!
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 02:50 PM
Where did I mention gasoline in that post? We are not flooded with oil. F Joe Biden is restricting our flow (as depicted in the cartoon) and he is trying to increase the flow by begging - let's be honest here - he's pan-handling to - some shady characters that do not give a rat's-patoot about us and there is no telling what sort of "deal" he is offering them under the table.

This is the easily expected result, hell even a blind monkey can see it, of trying to go down the Green New Deal path to appease the work-tard, aka communist, base, which has scant little to do with climate and everything to do with controlling markets and the means of production. Comrade. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Your ignorance on recent history and facts are a tad shady. You like Tiny and lustylad give way to much credit/blame to our President(s).

The PRICE of oil restricted our flow. You recall OPEC flooding the market in 2020? That restricted our production. And just who was President?

Jesus, you parrots could fill in for Hannity or Carlson if they get sick!
Here's an idea. I've heard Putin has been working in cahoots with the greenies and anti-frackers both in Europe and the US for years to slow and/or block development of Western oil & gas resources. Anyone have details? How much funding has he given to which greenie groups through which offshore shell companies, etc.?

This could actually steer the conversation in a positive direction
- toward what odumbo used to call a "teachable moment".

P.S. We can already surmise that WTF is one of Putin's agents here in the US. Notice how they both waste gobs of our time denouncing the entirely laudable goal of US energy independence.
Oh wait! It looks like Barley's already dug up the collusion dirt in another thread!

Time for that teachable moment!

Shall we read and learn?

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...9&postcount=13
  • WTF
  • 03-18-2022, 07:43 PM

P.S. We can already surmise that WTF is one of Putin's agents here in the US. Notice how they both waste gobs of our time denouncing the entirely laudable goal of US energy independence. Originally Posted by lustylad
You continue to have trouble keeping up with the difference between me pointing out the ignorance of you Trump lovers knowledge of just what energy independence means in reality vs me actually owning stock in mid stream companies that make money on those pipelines flowing!

When are you going to acknowledge that we are still energy independent? Do you credit Biden for being so? I would hope no more so than Trump. They are both about as equally responsible...that is to say hardly at all.

As to your acknowledgement of Putin interfering in our oil production....is it possible that he too interfered in our 2016 election?

Is it possible that Trump would have handed him Ukraine? I'd say judging by our Trump lovers on here defending the Russian invasion it is almost a sure bet.
... Once Again, WTF --- "WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU!"

### Salty