Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

Liam did a lot better than I expected and Canelo is still not afraid of no man...
I didn't watch the Alvarez / Liam fight, but I saw GGG / Brooks.

Brooks did better than expected and GGG looked worse than I've ever seen him (so maybe some truth to him being ill leading up to the fight?). That being said, a sick GGG was still able to break Brooks' eye socket in r2...
I missed the G3 fight because I didn't know it was going to be in England. Saw the highlights and yea Brooks did a lot better than expected and G3 did put on a poor performance. Golden Boy has BleacherReport on payroll now talking shit about G3 like he's the one ducking.
Yeah again, there was speculation that GGG was sick leading up to the fight, which may have explained his performance.

That being said, even though Brooks was the heavier man at the time of the fight, GGG still ended it by literally breaking Brooks' face...
Kovalev vs Ward November 19. This fight is going to be epic!

GGG vs Danny Jacobs in December is going to be great as well.

Another great matchup to look out for is Houston's own Jermall Charlo vs Julian J-Rock Williams.
For the rest of the year, Boxing and MMA is looking real good.
Alvarez v. Smith was on HBO yesterday, so I caught it on DVR this morning. Canelo looked good, but that was to be expected vs a guy who was less experienced, smaller, and less powerful. His comment about fearing no man did make me lol though.

Kovalev v. Ward is going to be nuts - the two biggest name light heavyweights going at it? Bonkers.

UFC 205 is shaping up pretty nicely too. Hopefully we'll get McGregor v. Aldo on the card as well.
I'm still curious as to what kind of deal they Smith to come out first since he was the champion at the moment and should've been second.
True - that's an interesting one.

On a MMA note, Alvarez v. McGregor announced for UFC 205.
Time to bump this bitch up after that amazing KO by that local legend, Jermall Charlo! I give it to Julian for trying to play it off but that dude got knocked the fuck out!
Time to bump this bitch up after that amazing KO by that local legend, Jermall Charlo! I give it to Julian for trying to play it off but that dude got knocked the fuck out! Originally Posted by Fishpie
Damn right! Jermall Charlo is the TRUTH! Canelo and GGG are going to avoid him like the plague.
The Charlo twin that beat j rock is better than his brother but his brother fights Hatley in feb should be interesting
And I hope Jacobs has a chance lol his chin is soft and GGG hits like bricks
Canelo vs GGG next week. When match was first mentioned two years ago, I thought Canelo would be blown out in 2 or 3 rounds. However, I now think Canelo may have a chance.
Rungvisai vs. Chocolatito 2 looks good.
Chocolatito looked shopworn before getting knocked out.