NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Matt Schaub named AFC offensive player of the week

Posted on November 21, 2012 at 11:18 am by Reid Laymance

Texans QB Matt Schaub, who passed for 527 yards and five touchdowns against Jacksonville on Sunday, was named the AFC Offensive Player of the week today.

Schaub last won player of the week honors in 2010.

Schaub completed 43-of-55 passes (78.2 perecent), including the game-winning 48-yard touchdown to wide receiver Andre Johnson for a 43-37 overtime win.

Schaub tied Houston Oilers Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon for the second-most passing yards in a game in NFL history.

This is the fourth time Schaub has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week. He previously won it in 2008, 2009 and 2010.

Schaub has completed 65.5 percent of his passes this season for 2,540 yards, 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

He ranks eighth in the NFL and fourth in the AFC with a 96.8 passer rating.

He has won 13 of his last 14 starts dating back to last season.
Prob should have been Dre, Schaub is the next best guy tho, doubt either guy is losing sleep over it...

Just to have perspective to how good of a season the Texans are having, I am picking them to lose for the first time this season, AND IT'S THANKSGIVING

I think all three games should be competitive, and fun as hell to watch, RG3 vs Dallas, and without Gronk, I think the Jets got a shot, I think us Texans fans should be rooting like hell for them to pull off the upset so our chances at the 1 seed will improve.

And we also got TCU vs Texas in college, that should be pretty awesome as well.

4 great games, gonna have lots of food, lots of football, and lots of liquor, should be a good time MotherFuckers!
Prob should have been Dre, Schaub is the next best guy tho, doubt either guy is losing sleep over it... Originally Posted by TheDon
It could have gone either way. Dre and Schaub were both deserving!
JJ is out. UGH! Our secondary has its work cut out for them!

I hope our pass rush plays light out!
JJ is out?
Went to go watch some game and Ooooooh Joseph. O_o

That's not helping us.
Went to go watch some game and Ooooooh Joseph. O_o

That's not helping us. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
In the 1st half it looks like our D must have stayed in Houston.
No pass rush whatsoever!

Stafford is exposing the secondary like hoes. They have no answer for ANY Lions receiver. And we already knew Megatron was gonna burn them all day!

The Texans defense, which is tired as fuck already, will falter and the Lions' run game will eventually explode(God I hope I'm wrong).

The ONLY way the Texans win this game will be turnovers. Yes they're keeping it close, but they need to create fumbles or be in the position to make interceptions. And CAPITALIZE!!

Time to go get my grub on. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping they don't get upset.........
All I can say is, sweet!

10 - 1
These muthafuckas done come back and won the game!!! I just KNEW they were going down today by the way they were playing!

Defense stepped up in a BIG way, depleted and all!!

Texans ain't BULLSHITTIN'!!!!! 10 - 1 BABY!!!!!
  • Satin
  • 11-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Dammit, the Texans are trying their best to give us all heart attacks and high blood pressure! Shit! What a fucking game! I'll comment later, right now it's family time.....

Way to kick ass boys!!

PS: Yea, we fucked Detroit with that one TD that should not have been - but oh well, that's life!!!! Lmao...
This is where championships are won. Where you find out how to dig down and do your best. How to never quit. Championships are won when you play two over time games in 4 days and win them both. Never doubt the heart of a champion.
This is where championships are won. Where you find out how to dig down and do your best. How to never quit. Championships are won when you play two over time games in 4 days and win them both. Never doubt the heart of a champion. Originally Posted by BigLouie
You are 100% correct .....
PS: Yea, we fucked Detroit with that one TD that should not have been - but oh well, that's life!!!! Lmao... Originally Posted by Satin
Bro, we didn't fuck Detroit. The Lions Head Coach did it for us!

I owe you one Coach Schwartz!

Now if the Jets can steal one from the Pats, it will be an exceptional Thanksgiving!