NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Molay
  • 11-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Holy Crap!!! Great game!

I'm ready for a Texans blowout. We deserve one after these last few weeks.
Holy Crap!!! Great game!

I'm ready for a Texans blowout. We deserve one after these last few weeks. Originally Posted by Molay

They now have 10 days off after a tough 4 days...... these guys....... are going to kick some ass
  • klutz
  • 11-23-2012, 12:16 AM
I can't survive another high intensity game like this!!! Drives me nuts! !!! Go Texans!!!
Bro, we didn't fuck Detroit. The Lions Head Coach did it for us!

I owe you one Coach Schwartz!

Now if the Jets can steal one from the Pats, it will be an exceptional Thanksgiving! Originally Posted by bigtex
Now THAT shit is laughable!!!

Did you see that game BT??? Jets were fucking themselves up royally to get assraped 49-19!!! They can kiss the playoffs goodbye!

The Texans better be ready for New England(after hopefully taking care of Tennessee)! Patriots playing like they don't give a fuck!!

The Texans better be ready for New England(after hopefully taking care of Tennessee)! Patriots playing like they don't give a fuck!! Originally Posted by kerwil62
The pats, as long as Bill is in charge, they will play that way, with 10 days to prep and rest, Bud's boys are going down.

The Patriot, Texan Game............... I cannot fucking wait! That is going to be the best game of the year.

The Texans, have showed more resolve this year, than any other team I Have watched play..... There is no giving up, some frustration, but they continue, to move forward. I hope these guys continue, they are united, you could see this with all the close in pictures, they get pissed at each other, when someone fails. ( I have never seen this resolve in the past) I hope they go all the way....
10 days..... Bud's boys are going to get their asses kicked..... Then the test.

We will see them in N.O.
BTW when Bud moved the Oilers out, and Steve Mcnair, started his quest, I have been a fan of the Texans......

Steve, unlike another owner in Texas, lets the people he hires... make critical decisions.
I feel bad for Detroit. Refs should have blown the whistle on that shit when he went down. But Schwartz should have pulled a Belichick; Go tell the ref something is fucked up. Unofficial challenge that shit first. He threw his flag out twice in one game. That's a flag happy son of bitch. That rule is kind of bullshit though. They also had a chance to win through the uprights and screwed it.

Also FUCK SUH. That bitch needs to be out the league. Nobody was around him, so his flop roll over the guy into the nut kick was as intentional as can be.

Also, was Joseph out cause that ball that hit him in the pellets last week? I think that was him who got bloopered to the balls against Jacksonville.

I found some of the plays and passes questionable but I'm glad we one in the end. Like Foster not getting his 100 during the first 4 quarters. He didn't run enough during the game. Seemed like they started playing their game for a while. I'm not going to worry to much about this game. It's tough playing two long games so close together. Hoping they rested and ready for the Titans.

Looking at the stats, I ask; Do we need a new kicker? Dude's leg has failed us about 50% of the time this season. Is this really the best we got? Most of these kicks aren't even 50 yarders. We've gotten rid of return men and other players for less.

I bet Demeco would have cleaned up with Cushing out.

Also, am I the only one who think Tebow should be starting? I know Skip Bayless agrees with the bottom line like I do. Dude wins games, let dude play. His teammates need to stop hating. Maybe those defense dudes hate him cause they thought he was shit until he beat em last year. Then when you get beat by someone you think is shit; just maddening. Patriots still would have whooped that ass. No doubt. They hot as fuck right now. And I doubt the Dolphins are going to cool them off before they get to us. It should be a hell of a game. That's the Texans' chance to shut up everybody about who runs the AFC.
  • klutz
  • 11-23-2012, 08:40 AM
J Jo was out due to hamstring. D Manning was the one who took a shot to the nuts last week.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Hanson had a chance to make the wrongness of that game 'right'.... instead he decided to bounce the ball off the upright.... woopsie!
That was one of the grittiest and greatest victories I've ever seen in sports considering the circumstances, never felt prouder for the Texans, had guys like RUDD step up on defense, was a thing of beauty to watch.

As far as the Forsett play, I tip my hat to him, and I don't give a Fuck if people are mad at it. Unlike us fans, the coaches know the rules, Shcwarts knows he fucked up, and that's his Fucking problem. And by the way, calls go BOTH WAYS in this league, I've been watching the Texans get Fucked over my whole life, I'll be damned if I don't enjoy it when we get the calls our way. We had a similar Fuck up last year where TJ Yates "fumbled" against Atlanta, yet I didn't see the backlash like I am with this Forsett situation, but that's because this was in front of the whole world to see. All these Faggots crying wolf can go somewhere else with their sob stories as far as I'm concerned.

And I agree with the rule, every scoring play/turnover is a review, by throwing the flag, it's like calling consecutive timeouts, it just wastes time, I'm glad they didn't review the play, and also gave them a 15 penalty. And one last thing about that, that didn't win us the game, we still had to drive down the field a few more times just to get into OT. Did it help? Sure, but I would bet the way they were moving the ball yesterday, they would have come up with points, regardless of the long run.

And no one is talking about it, but Glover Quinn DID TOUCH THE BALL on the punt, it should have been Detroit ball, we know this because of Quinn's body language and reaction to the play, but you know what, no replays were able to clearly point up that the ball touched him, so they didn't reverse the call, and it was still our ball. This league doesn't go by judgement, they go by reality and facts based upon what they see. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

And while we are talking about missed calls, I'm hearing people compare this to the replacement refs call, so lets go back to Jennings and Tate with the simultaneous catch that everyone was so upset about. The refs got it right in that game, too, and I bet I'm the only person that would defend both that play and the Forsett run. That rule determines if both players appear to have possession, it goes to the offense. I think we all know that Jennings got that ball first, but Tate barley snuck an arm under there, and looking at the film, you could make an argument that they got it at the same time. Now we know that isn't true cause Tate is not Randy Fucking Moss or Terrell Owens in their prime, they probably could have made a one handed catch like that. My point being, if you fight enough to get calls, like Tate and Forsett did, the law of averages naturally allows you to get some of them at certain points, it's just part of sports and life, deal with it.

Anyway, just wanted to rant, this league does not go by perception, it goes by the reality.

And it's a shame that this is mainly what people are talking about cause Suh did a great job acting like a Bitch again, and the Texans did a great job stepping the Fuck up and getting another win, but no one really cares about any of this.

And I just want to give a shout-out to ALAN BALL, Kareem Jackson, Glover Quinn, Daniel Manning, Brice McCain, and Brandon Harris, they showed a ton of heart. We have a spectacular group of men on our team.
Way to go Don, my sentiments exactly. That may be the best post in this entire thread.
  • Molay
  • 11-23-2012, 07:15 PM
BTW when Bud moved the Oilers out, and Steve Mcnair, started his quest, I have been a fan of the Texans......

Steve, unlike another owner in Texas, lets the people he hires... make critical decisions. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Just to be clear, Bob McNair owns the Texans....Steve McNair was the quarterback of the Oilers/Titans/Ravens who paid the ultimate price for his hobbying.
Just to be clear, Bob McNair owns the Texans....Steve McNair was the quarterback of the Oilers/Titans/Ravens who paid the ultimate price for his hobbying. Originally Posted by Molay

I have been waiting for that............ I was on the lighter side of life when I typed that, thanks for the correction.
Let's hope the Texans will finish the regular season either 14-2 or 13-3. We have games left @ Titans, @ Pats, home and away against the Colts and home against the Vikings. If we run the table (15-1) or only lose one game (14-2), home field advantage throughout the playoffs belongs to the Texans. If we finish 13-3, it puts the Ravens and Pats in a position that they must run the table in order to gain home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If we finish 12-4 we probably will have a first round bye but home field advantage throughout the playoffs becomes an iffy proposition, at best. If we finish 11-5, it will probably be one and done in the playoffs.

Of the current Division leaders, the Ravens (8-2) have the most difficult remaining schedule. They have games @ SD, Pitt, @ Skins, Denver, Giants and @ Cincy. There is not a pushover in the bunch! I've played a lot of pool in my life and it will be tough for the Ravens to run that table. It should be noted that the Texans already own the tiebreaker.

The Pats (8-3) play Miami twice (home and away), the Texans and SF at home, and @ Jags. The Pats have two tough home games in consecutive weeks against the Texans and SF.

Of the current AFC Division leaders, the Broncos (7-3) have the toughest road to home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Not only do they have to win out but the other division leaders have to lose at least once. To make matters worse, the Texans already own the tiebreaker against the Broncos. Meaning the Texans will need to lose 3 of their remaining 5 games to give the Broncos a chance to secure home field throughout. The Broncos play home and away @ KC, TB, @ Raiders, @ Ravens and Cleveland.
Thanks BT, I was kinda pissed when I wrote that, not sure if my point about the Packers came across like I wanted to, but whatevs, I still stand by what I wrote about everything else lol.

And yep, looks like we can get home field as long as the Pats are the only team we lose to, which just need to beat Tennessee on the road this week, Indy twice, and the Vikings at home, we got this shit...

Btw can't believe the Boys/Eagles game is not getting flexed next week, Eagles should not be in prime-time anymore...
PLAYOFF SCENARIOS

The infamous PLAYOFF MACHINE is now active!!

According to MakeNFLPlayoffs.com Texans have a 99.998% chance of making playoffs. Fucking around with playoff machine, I couldn't find a scenario that would take them out, and gave up.

BigTex.... Good analysis.. & looks like December will be fun..

While looking at matchups and predicting winners, here is what I got....

AFC
#1 seed: Patriots 13-3 (winning both home games vs Texans and 49ers)
#2 seed: Texans 13-3 (with 1 loss to Colts and 1 loss to Pats)
#3 seed: Baltimore 12-4(loosing to Pit @ home @ skins on road)
#4 seed: Denver 12-4 (loosing @ Ravens)
#5 seed: Colts 10-6 (loosing at Det and Hou)
#6 seed: Steelers 10-6 (loosing @ Dallas) ....

Well first of all our elite Defense that's been rock solid most of the year has been moving along like a kid learning to drive a manual transmission the past couple weeks. For the most part, I think its due to the injuries to our LB's (inside and out.) With Cush, Dobbins, James, Reed, being the most critical. However being one of the most, if not, THE MOST dynamic team in the league this year, we've been able to run, pass, sack, and intercept at will to keep ourselves in games in position to win.

Closing out the season, I'd like to see these rooks step up their game a few notches. Posey will be back in action, Martin has yet to really break out, but most of all, its now time for Mercilus to really step up and show us why he was our 1st round pick. With Reed expected to be out till the playoffs, Mercilus will see 90% of the snaps moving to Barwin's weekside position and Barwin will move to Reed's strong side position. Bryan Braman will also step up and rotate between the two. IMHO Mercilus is a ruthless pass attacker but lacks discipline sealing the edge. Without Cush in the backfield to clean things up, that discipline will be key. Anyway, I'd like to see more production from the rooks and think it will be key closing out the season.

Dallas fans, looks to me like you need to win out or 4/5 and have Vikings tank. You got Eagles, @Bengals, Steelers, Saints, @Skins.... good luck with that.