NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Stats N Snatch Tuesdays are great days!!!

I look forward to seeing what Braman can do, he makes every special teams play like his hair is on fire!!! He might be an animal set free to rush the passer. I hope so.

I would like to kick Suh in the nads for kicking our boy Dopey. Can't believe they didn't even throw a mfing flag!! One of the O linemen should have gone Slausen on that MF Suh!! And the intentional attempt to injure Dopes on the late sack/horse collar/ankle breaker move that MFer did.
Stats N Snatch Tuesdays are great days!!!

I look forward to seeing what Braman can do, he makes every special teams play like his hair is on fire!!! He might be an animal set free to rush the passer. I hope so.

I would like to kick Suh in the nads for kicking our boy Dopey. Can't believe they didn't even throw a mfing flag!! One of the O linemen should have gone Slausen on that MF Suh!! And the intentional attempt to injure Dopes on the late sack/horse collar/ankle breaker move that MFer did. Originally Posted by Daddio
Thanks Daddio!.. BTW got my playoff invoice today!.. Looks like ppl ain't gettin shit from me this Christmas but maybe some leftover souvenir cups.LOL. Looks like it's time to send Bob a check.

BTW any of you fellow season ticket holders know if we can grab a few extra playoff tickets before they go public?

Yeah Suh was defiantly borderline the entire game. Not only the kick and horse collar, but he extended his arms and pushed Schaub to the ground a few times as well after the ball left his hand. I credit Dopey though, he said what he needed to say and didn't go cryin about it.

If the refs/Schwartz hadn't givin us a free TD, I'd be a pissed MF'er for all those no calls,for taking away a D.Manning fumble recovery after what looked to me to be a completed pass, and a no PI call when Walter had his legs taken out from under him before the ball reached his area on a critical 3rd down. But a W is a W. Instead of the players bitching and moaning they kept their focus and grinded out another W. That game didn't mean a great deal vs a NFC opponent for the Texans, but was huge all but eliminating dwindling hopes for a playoff berth for the Lions.

I'm also looking foward to Braman and Mercilus. Hopefully they'll join the sWatt team and keep those edges secure. I believe I heard on the radio that Reed and Barwin have only managed a combined 5.5 sacks... That's kind of surprising considering all the extra attention Watt is getting.
I forgot about the other BS you mentioned One Eye, you are right. I was pissed about the Walter no call for Pass Interference, that was bigtime BS.

This Team does find a way to grind it out and I think that reflects the leadership of, yes I am about to say it, Dopey!!! He is a tough son of a bitch!! I like that about him!! I also like his attitude. He is a Good leader. Still surprised none of our O line came to his defense and whooped some Suh ass!! WTF???

I hear you on the Playoff Tickets, fuck Bob McNair is bending us over. We could sell our tickets to the playoff game and have a party at Satins house with the proceeds. Snatch for everybody!!! Sounds tempting, but I will need to go to the playoff games!! Is Bob cornholing us for one playoff ticket or 2? I think its just one for now but fuck mine are priced like its for two!!! WTF???
Got my playoff ticket info in the mail today. Its for 2 games. Almost double the price of regular season tickets!! Now we need to finish this season by whoopin ass the rest of the way.
Way to go 'Dre!!!!!

Andre Johnson named AFC Offensive Player of the Month

Posted on November 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm by Reid Laymance

Andre Johnson, who had the best two-game performance in NFL history with his 461 yards receiving against Jacksonville and Detroit, was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month today.

For the month, he had 35 catches for 614 yards, both tops in the AFC.

Johnson set a Texans single-game record with his 14 catches for 273 yards against Jacksonville, including a 48-yard TD catch and run in overtime. He followed that with a 9-catch, 188-yard game against Detroit on Thanksgiving.

He is on pace for his third-career 1,500-yard season, which would tie Marvin Harrison for the second-most in NFL history behind Jerry Rice (4).

This is the second AFC Offensive Player of the Month in Johnson’s 10-year career. The five-time Pro Bowler previously won the award in October 2008.

Well, If any of you are thinking this Sunday's Texans game vs Titans,a divisional opponent, is a "trap" game. Or are overlooking it to the Heavy-Weight Bout vs The Brady Bunch next Monday night,,,, I have a clear and simple message...

Beat the Titans = Playoff Berth

Much to the Luck of the Colts, this is NOT for the division... yet.

BECAUSE,,, If the Texans loose both games vs. Colts in their head-to-head match-ups and both teams somehow end up 11-5, or 12-4 (Colts currently 7-4 ), Colts would take the division. Basically, Colts are still very much alive, so lets hope they loose some games especially vs Texans & Titans....

In my earlier post I predicted the Pats winning out taking the #1 seed from Texans... Hopefully the Brady bunch will cool down, but as of late they are on fire!!

As for the Texans, Just keep putting up W's because even with one of the best records in the league, the Divisional could wind up coming down to the last game.

Having the top seed would be nice but is not necessary. The current trend for SB winners leans away from top seeded conference teams. By no means am I hoping Texans slide down a few spots, I'm Just sayin.

BTW.... BT great to hear about Dre.... So, I'm guessing Dopey was the runner up? He had a 126.8 passer rating vs. BUF and 121.7 passer ratting vs JAC throwing for the 2nd most yards ever thrown in the NFL (527). Offense was shit vs SiCago toilet seats. I guess that game did it.

Also, am I the only one noticing Owen Daniels is turning a nerdy Gronk...

He doesn't quite have the #s but has been clutch all year long... He's 4th in Fantasy points (2nd in AFC) Looks like he's on his way to another probowl with Dre, Foster, Brown and mayybe even Dopey... But check it out,,,,Tennessee and NE give up 4th and 3rd most fantasy points vs TE....

So Kube's!!! listen up.. Here is your game plan...
Foster, Foster, Dre, Dre, till Defenses look the other way way, then give it to the nerd for a 100 yerd mother-fucking day. OK!!.. So add him to the list! I wanna see the rooks step up and this dude to go OFF!

BTW.... BT great to hear about Dre.... So, I'm guessing Dopey was the runner up? He had a 126.8 passer rating vs. BUF and 121.7 passer ratting vs JAC throwing for the 2nd most yards ever thrown in the NFL (527). Offense was shit vs SiCago toilet seats. I guess that game did it. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
The article does not say who the runner ups were. An argument could be made for either 'Dre or Schaub. I wouldn't have argued either way. As for the lack of offense (for both teams) in the Chicago game I considered that to be an isolated instance due to the miserable weather conditions that evening. I was just glad the Texans were able to get out of Chicago with a well-deserved win!

Speaking of miserable performances, did you watch the Drew Brees five interception performance last night? Wow! It just goes to show that even an elite, top 3 qb can suffer through a bad game! A few of our regulars around here would go bat-shit crazy if Schaub had a 5 interception game!
  • klutz
  • 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Did you see Brees' face last night when his streak came to an end and threw a career high 5 picks? That was nasty.... my buddy started Brees on his fantasy.... 3 points...
  • Satin
  • 12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
So far at the end of the third.....everything's going just like it always has....

The Texans has a big lead...

Foster scores touchdowns...

Schaub throws multiple TD's.....

Watt gets sacks, bat downs and causes fumbles...

Kareem gets toasted and gives up a easy TD...

Hold on boys for New England.....
11-1

Another trip to the PLAYOFFS is now in the bag!

SWEET!!!!!

Wow, that was a boring game. we could've skipped the game and still clinched the playoffs! Go Texans!
Yep yep, another good win. But I do think they kind of lost focus at the end, but I think that's also because they were up by so much going up against an inferior team....

Jackson got burned again, but at least it was because he bit on the route and just guessed wrong, that is much better than straight up getting burned imo

MERCILESS- 2 Sacks and I think 2 fumble recoveries- dude is a playmaker

Shaun Cody being back was nice, RUUD got a sack, defense played pretty good, especially Smith and Watt, and I'm not gonna leave out my boy DOBBINS, y'all see that flip?? lol

And finally, BEN MOTHERFUCKING TATE IS BACK BITCHES....He looked pretty good, that is a big positive. Martin also had some nice plays, and Jean got a TD, goods shit..

But I have to give Locker some props, dude just takes shot from us all game and kept coming back for more, he's got some GRIT

Btw that Faggot O lineman, STEWART, who was playing like a bitch the last time these teams played broke his leg....Not saying I was happy about it, but meh, I didn't feel too bad for him either, maybe some time to reflect will be good for him...

BRING ON BOSTON

11-1? Yes please..
Talks have begun of having Mercilus in as a starter.... PERMANENTLY!!

Why???

With very limited playing time... He now has more sacks (5) than Barwin and Reed ...
COMBINED(2 & 2.5)

As we now introduce a OLB controversy moving forward into the 4th quarter of the season and into the playoffs.... The rook is starting to show us why he was our 1st round pick and lessens the pain if we end up loosing Barwin in a cap-strapped free agency... Hopefully Mercilus will continue thrive and Barwin will step it up and show the Texans & the NFL why he deserves a big money contract next year... So let this healthy competition begin in a Sack-A-Brady Challenge next week with the world watching the heavy weight bout vs the 2 AFC Top Dogs on MNF... I think this one will need a Michael Buffer introduction...

With a Texans' W and Ravens' loss, we got a little distance. So even if the Brady Bunch stick it to our beat up backfield next week, we'll still be top seed--as far as I know. BTW I heard its possible we may see Posey (a WR) playing Corner next week if we loose another one as Harris left wearing a boot and crutches.

BTW JJ Watt started just founded a new NFL Elite Club... The 15-15 Sack & sWatt

The dude just passed Reggie White (15-13)....
- Un-Fucking Real
  • klutz
  • 12-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Bob Costas is a fucking idiot.