Count to 10,000 Continued

So how many responding to this thread actually know something about the number that is up or just google the number and post something? Just curious......

So how many responding to this thread actually know something about the number that is up or just google the number and post something? Just curious...... Originally Posted by dammit
It doesn't have to be a photo, it can a caption, comment or anything regarding that number. I know that I am picking a cool photo or a photo that I enjoy to go with the number.
Yes, but did you already have knowledge of that number or google the number to find the photo? Same for captions or comments? I just find it hard to believe everyone posting had intimate knowledge about the number up next.....for example, I could post on 228 simply because I googled 228 and found this...

The 228 Incident, also known as the 228 Massacre, was an anti-government uprising in Taiwan that began on February 27, 1947 and was violently suppressed by the Kuomintang (KMT) government. Estimates of the number of deaths vary from ten thousand to thirty thousand or more.[1][2] The Incident marked the beginning of the Kuomintang's White Terror period in Taiwan, in which thousands more Taiwanese vanished, were killed, or imprisoned. The number "228" refers to the day the massacre began: February 28, or 02-28.
Or does it not matter? Guess that is my real question....

Yes, but did you already have knowledge of that number or google the number to find the photo? Same for captions or comments? I just find it hard to believe everyone posting had intimate knowledge about the number up next.....for example, I could post on 228 simply because I googled 228 and found this...

Or does it not matter? Guess that is my real question.... Originally Posted by dammit
No brotha, it makes no difference. Use google, bing or yahoo, whatever to increase our count to 10,000.

I have absolutely no knowledge of the number, I am simply going out to find something that interests me about that number.

We would never get to 10,000 if the number actually had to mean something. It's just all in having a little fun and seeing who will post what for the next number.

Thanks for the participation.
Bell 230 Helicopter

So how many responding to this thread actually know something about the number that is up or just google the number and post something? Just curious...... Originally Posted by dammit

For those that did not participate in the count back in wonderland, here is the purpose originally intended.

I recently was trying to see how far I could count before my mind wondered, and I lost count. It seems like an easy thing, just count. At first I could barely make it past two hundred before losing concentration. So I started to concentrate, to relax my busy mind, and I am able to count farther each time. So to answer the question “do you know anything about the number you post” no, it is mostly about counting, and you can post something about history that relates to the number, the meaning behind the number (enlighten us), or you can post an image that represents the number, or any other thing that you like, or nothing at all, just count. You will find that from time to time even here we lose count as some post the incorrect number corresponding to the thread count (here the thread count is the number to pay attention to). This is what counting to 10,000 was intended to be.

Have fun counting.

DM

For those that did not participate in the count back in wonderland, here is the purpose originally intended.

I recently was tiring to see how far I could count before my mind wondered, and I lost count. It seems like an easy thing, just count. At first I could barely make it past two hundred before losing concentration. So I started to concentrate, to relax my busy mind, and I am able to count farther each time. So to answer the question “do you know anything about the number you post” no, it is mostly about counting, and you can post something about history that relates to the number, the meaning behind the number (enlighten us), or you can post an image that represents the number, or any other thing that you like, or nothing at all, just count. You will find that from time to time even here we lose count as some post the incorrect number corresponding to the thread count (here the thread count is the number to pay attention to). This is what counting to 10,000 was intended to be.

Have fun counting.

DM Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly
Thanks for the clarification DM. I do find it a nice change of pace to visit this thread and try to find something of interest for the next number in line. I know that several times, Gman and I have battled through several numbers at once, and it is always fun when you see a response to this thread.

Thanks for the clarification DM. I do find it a nice change of pace to visit this thread and try to find something of interest for the next number in line. I know that several times, Gman and I have battled through several numbers at once, and it is always fun when you see a response to this thread. Originally Posted by KohanaKoa

At some point there will be a time when many post at the same time, and you can see how the count becomes more difficult to keep up with, we have a few thousand more to go to test this theory.

DM

At some point there will be a time when many post at the same time, and you can see how the count becomes more difficult to keep up with, we have a few thousand more to go to test this theory. Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly

Well thanks alot DM, now I am friggin addicted to the count! Every time I see a new post, I have to reply and I must post a pic to go with it!! It is my new OCD...
I enjoy when the number has some significant meaning to the poster or the poster has used some creativity.
I know I see numbers differently now too. Where is my camara?
Tess
2:38 has great meaning to me, it means I am headed to the gym on this rainy day.

and this too!
Heavy Metal #238