Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

I always thought Chocolatito was a little overrated but I didn't think I would ever see him just get beaten up. He didn't have a clue how to handle Rungvisai's rough style and bodywork last night. He stood and slugged too often with the much harder puncher.
Canelo vs GGG next week. When match was first mentioned two years ago, I thought Canelo would be blown out in 2 or 3 rounds. However, I now think Canelo may have a chance. Originally Posted by htownhammer
Yeah, as much as I'm a huge GGG fan, I worry for him. I think Canelo has waited long enough and GGG's age is finally catching up to him.

Also sorry to see Gonzalez get wrecked like that - I've always liked him as a fighter as well and had been hoping to see him one day pass Mayweather's record.

On the other hand, this dominant victory by Rungvisai shows that the first win wasn't just a fluke and he's truly deserving of the belt.
I'm a huge GGG fan, I worry for him. I think Canelo has waited long enough and GGG's age is finally catching up to him.

sorry to see Gonzalez get wrecked like that - I've always liked him as a fighter

this dominant victory by Rungvisai shows that the first win wasn't just a fluke . Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Agree. I still think GGG will win but not an easy win like everyone thought yrs ago.
Agree. I still think GGG will win but not an easy win like everyone thought yrs ago. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
I hope so, but although I'm a huge fan of his, I think Canelo is likely favored here. GGG simply hasn't looked good in his last few fights (probably just a sign of his age finally catching up to him), while Canelo is still looking strong and in his prime.
Could be age catching up with Golovkin but his last two opponents who no pushovers. I know Kell Brook was much smaller but he is pretty skilled.
Draw???
GGG vs canelo 2 May 2018 lol
It was a close fight. The 115/113 or 114/114 scores seem reasonable. The 118/110 score was BS.
In order to get 118 u have to win 10 round at 10 point per round. Do anybody really belie that canelooks win 10 rounds. Come on man. He should be on the next dancing with the stars.
In order to get 118 u have to win 10 round at 10 point per round. Do anybody really belie that canelooks win 10 rounds. Come on man. He should be on the next dancing with the stars. Originally Posted by deadeyes
I am in the minority that believe Alvarez won but their is no damn way he deserved anywhere near 118. I barely gave it to him squeaking by with seven.
Yeah, I thought the 115-113 was fair (I had GGG winning rounds 1, most of the middle rounds, then Canelo winning a few at the end when he got a second wind and felt like he was behind).

I think most people think the 118-110 was BS.

Sadly, that type of judging just makes boxing look so bad, especially compared to MMA, where you do get some shady judging, but usually nothing as egregious as this.
People who say GGG won don't know sh*t about boxing. Canelo landed the cleaner, harder shots and put on a boxing clinic. Al GGG did was come straight forward and get lit up with hard counter punches. Yea Canelo got hit with some shots but he was never hurt or in trouble, not even close.
Boxing is a dying sport anyway lol.
  • Trey
  • 11-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Good fight tonight with wilder. wielderI hope he keeps it up the sport needs a real entertaining heavyweight.
Good fight tonight with wilder. wielderI hope he keeps it up the sport needs a real entertaining heavyweight. Originally Posted by Trey
no it wasn't. it was terrible. now he's calling out Briggs? Pfft, Ninja please
no it wasn't. it was terrible. now he's calling out Briggs? Pfft, Ninja please Originally Posted by greektime
I hope you don't mean Shannon Briggs. Wilder did what he needed to do against the lesser Stiverne. Stiverne was not the best opponent but it's not Wilder's fault Luis Ortiz pissed hot. I hope to see him fight Joshua next.