Another help for those mortgages underwater.

Will there be government Vaseline? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
No. They'll be using gov't surplus peanut butter in the #10 cans.
Yeah from those old fallout shelters they made back in the 50's and 60's.
No. They'll be using gov't surplus peanut butter in the #10 cans. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
You want to write a review on that so the rest of us know what to expect
You want to write a review on that so the rest of us know what to expect Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Only if it extends my premium access here.

What about it, St. Chris?????
So we can all agree we're going to get it.
Will there be government Vaseline? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Vaseline is pretty cheap, so everyone will probably get it -- even after the Medicare cuts expected under health care "reform."

But if they allow you to keep your premium Medicare Advantage plan, you'll get Astroglide!
You know that's not true!! They pay payroll taxes. Arguably both halves. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I stumbled upon this graph this morning. I thought you and WTF would enjoy seeing how it blows holes in your theory that the poor pay social security taxes.
Attached Images File Type: jpg social-secuirty-tax-net-of-benefits.jpg (62.2 KB, 41 views)
I give your graph an applause!
friend of mine took his wife to the local social security office..she is of age.....he came back and related this story:

the place was filled with young indolent people...hanging around talking on cell phones and texting.... many with squaling kids..all trying to get SSI or some sort of underage benefit..he said he and his wife were the only people there of retirement age...took them hours ...he said no wonder we are broke

i personally know someone who worked for a veternarian friend of mine..he and his wife lived in a trailer across the road from the clinic...he had been trying for several years to qualify for SSI disability...he appears no more disabled than i do ..but thats neither here nor there....finally he procured an attorney and social security rolled over and acquiesed...they sent him his first check..it was for $114,000 for back years of his "disability"..and the very next month social security sent him another check for the same..so there he was ...he was worried so he called them..they told him its ok..we will just take it out of your future benefits..without interest
.finally he procured an attorney and social security rolled over and acquiesed...they sent him his first check..it was for $114,000 for back years of his "disability Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Can you send me the name of the lawyer?
Can you send me the name of the lawyer? Originally Posted by discreetgent
the lawyer was paid $4,000 by SS directly ..I'm looking at a copy of the paperwork right now but his name isnt listed.
In my state the lawyers get $6,000
the place was filled with young indolent people...hanging around talking on cell phones and texting.... many with squaling kids..all trying to get SSI or some sort of underage benefit..he said he and his wife were the only people there of retirement age...took them hours ...he said no wonder we are broke Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yup, it is just another candy jar.
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
if thats not your tree i'm barking up then it shouldnt bother ya...unless you are partisan

but my point was..and its not partisan at all..merely observational:

Dems say its patriotic to pay more tax, obama wants to share the wealth...they decry profits as in "now is not the time to make profits", they castigate corporations, they do just about anything outwardly to act and talk this way....and to have public policy that inhibits incentive...but in their private lives they are hustling for every private buck (and public buck) they can get and so arrange their private affairs that they pay as little in tax as they can..not to speak of cheating on their taxes and aiding welfare fraud for their nannys and maids...or contributing not one whit to charities. Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
You just described both parties.....The sad thing is you think it is only the Dems.

So take that observational caca and wipe the partisan stench off of it before trying to sell it to me.
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I give your graph an applause! Originally Posted by AvaAstor
Make sure you read the whole thing....pj is distorting what I have said. From the blog from which he pulled that graph..."I’ll limit myself here to payroll taxes. (It’s not clear to me that state income and property taxes are regressive, although sales taxes are.)"

This is what I have said. If anyone wants to argue that they want to be in the botton income bracket because of how much they net in their old age with this great SS program....knock yourself out.
You just described both parties..... Originally Posted by WTF
the dumb ass repubs have their own issues..the ones i talked abt arent them..most of the repub issues revolve around trying to appear "reasonable" to the elite news media which has ruined their reason for being