NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Damn I missed this one... This video has it all...
  • Satin's pad after we win the SB
  • Appearance by the Ninja Assassin.
  • Snatch... and more snatch
  • Texans stand out fans..
  • Appearance by Sports610 crew
  • Just wish he focused a little on the snatch more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAe1lTHC7cU
  • Satin
  • 12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Good stuff man, no doubt. I saw part of this being filmed and it was hilarious.

Our "next man up" concept is working great..they do what they have to do to get the "W"....
Good video man. They need to turn those bootys around to rep for our Texans!!! More snatch less dudes.

Where can a fella get those tops the snatch's were wearing? Those would make good Christmas gifts for my harem!!

Excellent post as usual One Eye!! Thanks,
  • Trey
  • 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I saw Elvis Texan driving down the street the other day it was cool to see he made the video.
Who the fuck is this Satan/Satin dude?
Who's the best in the AFC?

Though the Superbowl really determines who the best is,,,, 3 teams are all arguably the best right now. Broncos, Patriots, and the Texans. Though the Bronco's and Texans are the most balanced and play with good Defense, the Broncos' 3 losses are vs. Patriots, Texans, and Ravens. So, are they really better? Of the Patriots 3 losses they were outscored by only 5 points... COMBINED. Looking at their losses, week 2 vs the Cardinals jumps out. However, the Cardinals were actually pretty damn good before all the injuries. To me, the main thing that brings them close to the Texans is beating the shit out of the Colts(a good team) week 11 by the score of 59-24. However, the Texans beat the shit out of the Ravens (better than Colts) 43-13 and would have been an even better beat down if starters weren't pulled in the 4th and Kubes stayed aggressive with the play calling. Say what you want about the loss to Green Bay, it was a damn fluke.. Not so much in the loss (we got out played) but because of the score. Texans were making dumb-ass mistakes all over the damn place giving the Pack 2nd and 3rd opportunities. Their heads weren't in the game, they were not prepared, and shockingly realizing they lost Cush for the year the week before I'm sure didn't make preparation any easier. Ravens, on the other hand are definitely a playoff team but lost my respect and are not among the 3 AFC Juggernauts.

MNF anyone??
AFC Showdown #1 vs #2

Pats may have the best offense but Texans rank top 10.. IMO, the Texans offensive stats are padded a bit due to conservative play calling with big leagues. No complaints, Kubes just worries more about time of possession than running up the score like the Patriots do...

Texans Offense:
PTS: 29.2(2nd)
YDS: 389.6(4th)
PASS YDS 247.1(10th)
RUSH YDS 142.5(6th)

Patriots Offense:
PTS: 35.8(1st)
YDS: 426.2(1st)
PASS YDS: 285.5(6th)
RUSH YDS: 140.8(8th)

Texans Defense will have to make big plays and adjust quickly to match Belichick 's hurry up offense. However, stat-wise Texans have the edge.

Texans Defense:
PTS: 18.4(4th)
YDS: 322.6(6th)
PASS YDS: 235.0(19th)
RUSH YDS: 87.6(2nd)

Patriots Defense:
PTS: 21.7(15th)
YDS: 380.8(26th)
PASS YDS: 279.9(29th)
RUSH YDS: 100.8(9th)

Check out this video of Belichick:
I know it just reflects is ever well done homework, but coach B actually sounds like a Texans fan LOL
Yep, sounded like he studied the Texans all year, weaknesses included, even though he didn't mention them. And you can best believe he will capitalize and expose them. That's what makes the Patriots so dangerous despite their record.

It's gonna be a cold one up there in Foxboro on Monday night, around the upper 30s/lower 40s temp-wise for gametime. At least it won't be raining or snowing.

Texans BETTER be ready!!!
I agree Kerwil. This game will show us what we are made of. Up until now our schedule has been very weak. The only quality opponents have been the Broncos before they got rolling and the Packers when they were desperate for a win. This will be the real test! I feel like we will have to outscore them as I don't think the D will be able to hold up. Our pass rush has been inconsistant especially when we just rush 4. You have to bring the heat on Brady or he will kill you. Schaub will have to play big. He has played well at times this year but has also been inconsisntant. He will need to play a complete game and take advantage of every drive. My predicition is 38 - 31 Pats.
Hmmm... I'm going to have to disagree with the idea that Brady and their offense will pick us apart. Lets not forget, Gronk is out, and I've watched them a few times this year, they don't seem like an unstoppable team to me, I actually think we've faced better overall teams. I don't think their defense is anything to write home about. We will see though, I guess.

I'm not saying I'm expecting us to win, the only game I've picked us to lose so far this year was against Detroit. I think this game could go either way. Not having Joseph could be a pretty big factor, Wes is getting a lot more targets now because of Gronk's absence, from what I've heard, he might have a big day.

I'm pretty much at the point where I trust Schaub and the offense, and I've always had faith in Wade, I see this as another grind it out game. But regardless, I don't think a win or loss is that important. We can could get blown out (which I don't see happening....) and we could still get the #1 seed by winning our last 4 games (which seems very manageable). Those last 4 games are the ones we really need to have. If the Pats want to go to another Superbowl, lets make them go through here...
Hmmm... I'm going to have to disagree with the idea that Brady and their offense will pick us apart. Lets not forget, Gronk is out, and I've watched them a few times this year, they don't seem like an unstoppable team to me, I actually think we've faced better overall teams. I don't think their defense is anything to write home about. We will see though, I guess.

I'm not saying I'm expecting us to win, the only game I've picked us to lose so far this year was against Detroit. I think this game could go either way. Not having Joseph could be a pretty big factor, Wes is getting a lot more targets now because of Gronk's absence, from what I've heard, he might have a big day.

I'm pretty much at the point where I trust Schaub and the offense, and I've always had faith in Wade, I see this as another grind it out game. But regardless, I don't think a win or loss is that important. We can could get blown out (which I don't see happening....) and we could still get the #1 seed by winning our last 4 games (which seems very manageable). Those last 4 games are the ones we really need to have. If the Pats want to go to another Superbowl, lets make them go through here... Originally Posted by TheDon
I agree with Don. I hope we win on Monday night but this is not a make or break game for the Texans. It is one of three very difficult road games against top tier AFC opponents. The other two were against Denver and Baltimore. Additionally, we are 6-0 on the road this season, including very impressive road wins against the two already mentioned as well as Chicago and Detroit. In and of itself 6-0 on the road is no small feat in the NFL.

If we lose against the Pats, we can still guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs by beating the Vikings at home and sweeping the two games against Indy, at home and away. Given a choice I would much rather be in our position with 4 games remaining than any of our AFC opponents.

As for Schaub, I also agree with Don. He is on a roll. When we have needed a big game from him, he has delivered with only one exception. When we have needed him just to execute the game plan. He has delivered that, as well. We couldn't ask much more of him than an 11-1 start this year and 18-4 over his last 22 starts. I still do not rank him as a top tier qb but he is certainly upper 2nd tier in my opinion.
Pats are a great team, mostly because they have an all time great QB and the smartest coach ever in the NFL. But don't be fooled by their offensive stats. They ran up those numbers against some truly wretched opponents. And Bellichek is not like Kubiak, he never lets his foot off the gas even when they are ahead by several TD's.

They can be beaten, but Texans will have to bring their A game.
Put pressure on Brady, grind it out and control the clock with Foster/Tate/Forsett. If the Texans get in Brady's head, especially with batted passes, and limit his time on the field, they will control the game. What they can't do is get into a shootout with the Patriots. That's a recipe for disaster.
I think Bellicheck is overrated, he hasn't won anything in almost 8 years. Giants have shown how to beat the Pats (beat them twice last year, including at Boston), plus they have lost already this year.

Fucking bucs today, them and Pit fucked me on some parlays. ugh
  • Satin
  • 12-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Well TS dude, to answer your question, I ask myself who am I quite a bit myself bro...

I agree with you Don on "The Hoodie"....dude gets way too much pub and credit...

I'm tired of all the talk, hype, statistics and predicting. I'm so ready for this game....
Some more funny QB shit!

http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-o...-opposite-day/

I think I'm gonna start posting these links every week til the season's over! LMAO!!!!