NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Prior to the season I predicted a 12 - 4 or 11 -5 regular season. At the time I would have been thrilled with 12 - 4. I am looking through the windshield, not the rear view mirror.

Go Texans beat the Bengals!
I had considered selling my First round playooff tickets to make some serious jack then enjoy the afc championship game. After all McNair made me pay for both sets of tickets.
Now tickets are only going for $125 or so per ticket and there are over 6500 tickets available. Originally Posted by Daddio
Daddio, tickets in my section are selling for less than what they did for the Green Bay a Baltimore games.. I was hoping to make some loot too. Shit this is a damn playoff game. Last year I remember them going for $350+. I got 4 but was going to sell off 2 and will be lucky to get $200 ea. I'm pissed.

Dopey has especially got to get his shit together. But even at that, fuck ups stretch across the board. I still can't get over:
  1. Refs calling a bullshit tuck rule that was clearly a forced fumble,
  2. Flags, flags and more flags
  3. Foster running into his own man for a loss on 3rd and 2 in the redzone,
  4. Dopey's pick when he underthows a would be TD for Casey,
  5. Dre drops a gimme TD,
  6. TY Hilton runs right past the entire defense and catches a 70+yd TD on 3rd and 24??
  7. And a One hundred and motherfucking one yard untouched kickoff return
I would expect this in perhaps a stretch of 8 games or so, but never in a much needed game to secure home field. I think the most frustrating part of it is they have shown what they're capable of. Its not the end of the world, its not the end of the season. It seems as if the Texans peaked too early and have got used to getting by without the full effort they were giving early.

Some teams are good enough to seem to have a switch they can turn on or off when they decide or not to play, other teams seem to rely on momentum and build off it. I generally feel like Texans need that momentum but after Green Bay, Texans were able to turn it on vs Baltimore. So hopefully they can flip the script. BTW I don't mind going to NE. After that embarrassment on MNF, I'd like a rematch. But this one for all the marbles, not just a game where Texans keep the #1 seed win or loose. If Schaub doesn't at least get by Cincy, he will develop a Romo-like rep coming up short in big games. I hear Cincy has on hell of a pass rush. Hopefully Kubes can come to his senses and have Schaub drop back in gun a few times on 1st and 2nd downs to lower that sack count.

Excellent post Willy!
Dopey has especially got to get his shit together. But even at that, fuck ups stretch across the board. I still can't get over:
  1. Refs calling a bullshit tuck rule that was clearly a forced fumble,
  2. Flags, flags and more flags

3. Reason for Editing:

4. Foster running into his own man for a loss on 3rd and 2 in the redzone,
  5. Dopey's pick when he underthows a would be TD for Casey,
  6. Dre drops a gimme TD,
  7. TY Hilton runs right past the entire defense and catches a 70+yd TD on 3rd and 24??
  8. And a One hundred and motherfucking one yard untouched kickoff return
I would expect this in perhaps a stretch of 8 games or so, but never in a much needed game to secure home field. I think the most frustrating part of it is they have shown what they're capable of. Its not the end of the world, its not the end of the season. It seems as if the Texans peaked too early and have got used to getting by without the full effort they were giving early.

Some teams are good enough to seem to have a switch they can turn on or off when they decide or not to play, other teams seem to rely on momentum and build off it. I generally feel like Texans need that momentum but after Green Bay, Texans were able to turn it on vs Baltimore. So hopefully they can flip the script. BTW I don't mind going to NE. After that embarrassment on MNF, I'd like a rematch. But this one for all the marbles, not just a game where Texans keep the #1 seed win or loose. If Schaub doesn't at least get by Cincy, he will develop a Romo-like rep coming up short in big games. I hear Cincy has on hell of a pass rush. Hopefully Kubes can come to his senses and have Schaub drop back in gun a few times on 1st and 2nd downs to lower that sack count.

Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
There was some Fuckery in that game, I agree with you 100%. But historically, the teams that get the breaks, get them for a reason. I think Indy is just flat out better than we are.

I still think Schaub and Kubs can get the job done, but only if they have a strong defense and running game to help them. But this feels like such an ancient formula to win a SB now, if you look at the rest of the league. The only other teams that do what we do are the Niners, Seahawks, and VIkings. And the Niners have already given up the mind set by starting a new QB who is versatile, and now they have an explosive offense. In Seattle, the offensive coordinator has totally opened up the playbook for Russell Wilson, and he has been having great success. And the Vikings, well they have to continue doing what they do cause Ponder is average....

But we're still the only team doing what we are doing, and I just believe there are better ways to win football games now, especially with the new rules that help out offenses, and by implementing any new schemes/plays, we are doing ourselves a disservice. If our defense isn't great our team is pretty much Fucked for a game, and I don't like that.....I would prefer if our defense can be average and our offense can be good enough to win for us. That's how the Colts are dong it right now, we have a far Superior defense than them, yet they have a better team than we do

As I mentioned before, if we beat Cinci, there might be a chance we could go go to NE and make a game of it, but can we really do that the following week against the Bronocos and then again in the SB? I highly doubt that, not with this offensive duo with Schaub and Kubs (not unless our defense miraculously turns into the 85 Bears). And that is just asking too much for our defense, and I don't want to ask this of them again next year.

I want a new system, I want a new QB, plain and simple. What we are doing now, which requires perfect blocking and execution on every offensive snap with an immobile QB, it's just not going to get the job done, this is like a college team thinking they can win the National Title by running the triple option...That shit worked 40-50 years ago, but we are in a new day in age, time to adjust and get with the times.

And I'll bring up Indy again, the shit they are doing on offense isn't event that complicated or innovative! All the hell they do is snap the ball to Luck out of the gun, and he throws the ball down the field, so simple and easy, and he has thrown a ton of picks this season, so they are only going to get better, and they still had a good season. If we could just do that, snap out of the Gun, which isn't asking a whole hell of a lot, we could have a more competent offense, we could actually do things like convert third and longs. The Denny's menu isn't going to get the job done.
  • Satin
  • 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Huh? Donny boy have you finally come around? You just mentioned "we might stand a chance if we go to NE" - but in your previous post on the preceding page you stated "brother against the Pats we have no chance".....so which one is it playa?

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic after a few things: our secondary is getting healthy, they had another great practice today & "The Law Firm" is kinda banged up and might not be 100%....
Huh? Donny boy have you finally come around? You just mentioned "we might stand a chance if we go to NE" - but in your previous post on the preceding page you stated "brother against the Pats we have no chance".....so which one is it playa?

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic after a few things: our secondary is getting healthy, they had another great practice today & "The Law Firm" is kinda banged up and might not be 100%.... Originally Posted by Satin
You mentioned any given Sunday, and that's true, we'll be a double digit dog going into that game, but we can still win, but I doubt we will. And even if we do, I doubt we will do it again in Denver, that's just too much to ask for of this team, I think.

Texans better hope the secondary is healthy, because if Cinci gets off to a fast start, and force us to throw early, that shits a wrap.
  • Satin
  • 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Now you're back to the ole Don we all know and love and making sense..lol

Just messing with you bro, I got some more pics I need to text you, it's been a while...

I thnk we're gonna squeak out a ugly win on Saturday...
Picks for later:

Bengals
Packs
Colts
SeaHawks

It's funny with our team, our shittiest CB in the pre season is the guy we will have to rely on to get the job done covering the slot WR, ALAN MOTHERFUCKING BALL, I actually like the guy, he's a hell of a lot better than Brandon Harris, Harris has Fucking sucked this season, almost as bad as Kareem in his rookie year, offenses have just been taking Harris' cookies the past few weeks, and if AJ Green is in the slot, and we are dumb enough to have Harris covering him, it's nighty night time for our season.

And Dobbins is done, some guy from Oregon State from the practice squad is in his place, that's probably an upgrade.
Congrats to your team, friends in Houston. Was not pretty but a W is a W! too bad they now have to face the fucktard Pats and Bellafuck, their personality challenged coach! it still may work out ok for the Texans. That team can and HAS lost playoff games at home in the past several years. A few years back the Ravens beat them (and SHOULD have won last year). Even the now hapless Jets with the beleagured Mark Sanchez won a playoff game up there 3-4 years ago. Their (Patriots) cockiness can be their downfall. Here's hoping, right?
I am a Texans Fan, from day one..........

Next week, is their last game of the season, and probably, Kubs, last day too.

I hope I am wrong.... But that is the feeling I get after the game today, and the past month.
Would have been nice to see this effort in the last two weeks.
I am a Texans Fan, from day one..........

Next week, is their last game of the season, and probably, Kubs, last day too.

I hope I am wrong.... But that is the feeling I get after the game today, and the past month. Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
There is NO Way Kubs will get canned by McNair after (and if) they lose next week. McNair will not do it!
Would have been nice to see this effort in the last two weeks. Originally Posted by TheDon
What effort? Field goals are not going to beat New England. Field goals will not beat Denver. Granted Andre Johnson would 99 out of 100 times would have caught that ball in the endzone that would have been 2 touchdowns still not enough.
What effort? Field goals are not going to beat New England. Field goals will not beat Denver. Granted Andre Johnson would 99 out of 100 times would have caught that ball in the endzone that would have been 2 touchdowns still not enough. Originally Posted by macksback
Never said this was good enough to beat the Pats or Broncos, chief.