What qualifies someone as a Diamond?

or believe they "offer quality over quantity" (which means racism elitist because they must - implement to distinct themselves over people that offer "quality over quantity"....) it a word play. An elitist is a snob pretending that they are "the better " people out there. And someone that cannot afford gucci or has not studied at harvard is a worse class of person. Originally Posted by ninasastri
Nina, I've seen you post similar statements a few times, and being of the group who has something like "I emphasize quality over quantity" on my website, it bothers me that you interpret it that way. I can't speak for other ladies who use the phrase, but my intention is NOT to be judgmental, nor is it an attempt to improve my image at the expense of others'. It is simply a statement about how I conduct my own business.

One of my goals is to provide a high quality experience at a low volume. It's just how I prefer to approach this business. This does not at all mean I think less of ladies who have a different approach (well, I *do* think poorly of those who provide a low-quality experience to the detriment of their clients, such as stealing from them!). Nor do I think high quality and high quantity are mutually exclusive categories.

I feel I'm being called a snobby bourgeoisie, and I don't think that could be further from the truth.
Nina, I've seen you post similar statements a few times, and being of the group who has something like "I emphasize quality over quantity" on my website, it bothers me that you interpret it that way. I can't speak for other ladies who use the phrase, but my intention is NOT to be judgmental, nor is it an attempt to improve my image at the expense of others'. It is simply a statement about how I conduct my own business.

One of my goals is to provide a high quality experience at a low volume. It's just how I prefer to approach this business. This does not at all mean I think less of ladies who have a different approach (well, I *do* think poorly of those who provide a low-quality experience to the detriment of their clients, such as stealing from them!). Nor do I think high quality and high quantity are mutually exclusive categories.

I feel I'm being called a snobby bourgeoisie, and I don't think that could be further from the truth. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
+1

Women state this for a variety of reasons, and it's not a reflection on other women:

I find a date takes emotional, physical and intellectual energy that I cannot restore quickly, and so I prefer to see only a few people. I have personal affairs that require my attention, and this limits available time. I also prefer a certain level of comparability, which is not present with everyone who contacts me (I'm sure they're good men, but they aren't my type)

To be fair, if you expect that you shouldn't be judges for your choices, you should not judge those who make choices that are different from your own.

From a marketing perspective, there is a message being sent to the men: take your time to introduce yourself properly in your first email, and that the lady likely prefers multiple hour engagements.

I feel I'm being called a snobby bourgeoisie, and I don't think that could be further from the truth. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
Hi Carrie, Hi Lauren ,

Thanks to the both of you for taking the time to discuss this with me, i really appreciate that! Merci

I DO understand the approach, but i think the phrase is handled poorly and since i do qualitative research and am very particular on what "words" implement politically when we do use them , i find it strange to state such things, if not derogatory at best. I have explained that sufficiently and i believe you that you do not intend to judge people or your services as better ( although i have seen ladies that think they are smarter than the rest ...;-)....and state so....) but your words are careless. Probably because every HDH has that in some way on their page and ladies look at other pages as an influence and i don`t think everyone really means that, but sometimes biases carry themselves around.

For me in this business its COMPLETELY clear that a client deserves quality within the quantity of time he tries to book and that someone introduces himself properly. It simply does not need to be stated. No one that works for 300$ an hour does so , although guys also book overnights and take time to introduce themselves (as for example i do not respond to people that don?t) IT IS BASIC STANDARD. It is my DUTY as a provider to offer quality. It does not need to be extra stated. Even if i have 5 guys a day, every single one of them deserves the best of me.
To implement you offer quality over quantity is - mostly - done to make a distinction towards women who charge less - to the so called "back to back" providers - and pretend the guys get more because they pay more, which is judgemental. I mean i am a HDH myself so to state, my rates are similar, but i can`t say my quality as a provider sucked, because i did not charge as much :-). I SIMPLY JUST WORKED MORE AND HARDER!

While i do see that offering the guy what they deserve for their money is a substantial thing within that business, i do not think it is necessary to state that - while being a "low profile" provider - this implements a quality over quantity approach. Its a JUDGEMENT towards your fellow peers.

Because there are women out there who cater to more than one fellow /day /week/ month and STILL offer good quality and an intellectual approach some of these so called ivy league educated HDHs still have to learn . I consider myself to be one.
I have been trained in europe as a courtesan, and in europe it does not mean when you work back to back (which you mostly have to do, since rates in europe are so low you can`t afford to just do one guy per day) that the quality fades.

Hey i know women in your "league" that are worse in their quality (be it look wise , homepage wise, or intellectual capacity-wise) and since i feel judged - and these statements are judgemental (aka the one "I CATER TO THE ELITE") it could come across better if you revise them.
I do not think that neither you, Lauren or Carry (as a person) are snobish elitists, but -. then again - its not about you personally, as its not about me personally either - its about how to best describe oneself without stepping on some other people`s foot.

And - surprisingly - i have not ever seen a 300$ an hour provider writing that her services are "quality over quantity" although i have worked myself at various rates within the business and i ALWAYS offer quality.
If i can`t work or offer my best - then i do not work at all.

And i guarantee you, Lauren, that not everyone needs to retank themselves after client and time is not an issue with me, since i am a complete professional and i trained myself to work that hard. So - again - telling that laziness is a creative excuse for better quality :-) ??

I do most of the time (that is when i not work overnight or entertain only a single gentleman for various hours or days) have more than "just a few" clients, plain and simple, because i am in the business to earn the most money within the least amount of time. I think - for me - earning just a little bit on the side - does not pay. And as far as i have seen from some NYC high dollar hotties, it does not pay either. I mean working in that buz and being broke like so many HDHs are (i was shocked about the lack amount of money they make) is not my thing. Why? Because time is our enemy. Plain and simple. we only have so many years to do that job.
So - to do so .- i have to take more clients. Period. That means i offer quantity - AND quality. To imply that there are providers out there who offer "quality" simply because they are not skilled enough to take more than one guy a week ,is an insult for me. Sorry :-)

I am a mistress since i am 18 and i have trained myself very hard in that job. And in europe its not a piece of cake like it is in the USA. So i plain and simply had to learn how to improof my skills.

So, i think the two of you are lovely ladies, but i just wanted to imply (i have not looked at any of your pages yet will do so i a minute) that out of sisterly love - be more careful with words and what they mean.
Merci (and i will be so too in the future)

ps: so lauren, you are polyamorous as well? I had a guy PM me with that info ? Interesting! Lovely to find someone within that area on here as well!
+1

From a marketing perspective, there is a message being sent to the men: take your time to introduce yourself properly in your first email, and that the lady likely prefers multiple hour engagements. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill

i understand that, but then why don`t you simply write it that way and less snobish? my answer to your post is within the same post like i answered carrie to not double post everything. thanks for discussing that with me, i really like that - also thanks to you , Carrie!
compatibility is an issue no matter how you decide to work :-) and i also have timely private matters to attend to. That is why i like to work - for example - only one week a month, but then .... cheeerioooo........ and full time ;-). to each its own - as you stated :-)
Againnnnnnnnnnn!
I don't understand why you think you have the authority of who is a snob and who isn't. If what women have on their websites is working for them, there really isn't any need for you to worry about it. After all they aren't marketing to other women.
Nina, I think we're just going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one. I just don't see the elitist connotation that seems so clear to you. Language is an imprecise art, always open to interpretation -- for better or for worse.
I don't understand why you think you have the authority of who is a snob and who isn't. If what women have on their websites is working for them, there really isn't any need for you to worry about it. After all they aren't marketing to other women. Originally Posted by Ansley
in the land of liberty i have the right of freedom of speech. Same like anyone can state anything on their pages. It is not yours to decide what is my need i feel to worry about, as it is mine and mine alone to do so. Thanks!

ps: would you say the same to a black person that feels a racist is judging him? If everybody did not consider anything their business, then the world would be still in stone age and being gay would still be a crime and black people would still not be allowed to sit in a bus, right?
I don't understand why you think you have the authority of who is a snob and who isn't. Originally Posted by Ansley
She has a list.
Nina, I think we're just going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one. I just don't see the elitist connotation that seems so clear to you. Language is an imprecise art, always open to interpretation -- for better or for worse. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
good :-) agreed. lets leave it at that. have a good night!
It's marketing and nothing else lol. If it were anything else, you would not see it so widely used and abused. Some guys buy into fluff, and some just want to get laid...market for everyone. Bottom line is no one really knows how many patrons anyone truly sees...betting they would be quite surprised.

You can be low volume and only charge $150....know a few 19 yr. old coeds doing just that, and they only see 2 or 3 guys a week at best. Only difference is, the marketing suggests they would have to see at least 10 a week to survive. Some guys actually think a grand an hour girl could not possibly see 2 guys in a day, because most don't think many men are willing to pay that much...many are not, but don't kid yourself. If she has not gotten a call in 2 months and 2 call that same day, what do you think she is going to do?
Freedom of speech is guaranteed in that Congress can make no law which prohibits Political Speech. There is no freedom of sex speech.
HDH's are not a myth. We actually have a list of them around here somewhere. Say gang, where did we leave that list? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Becky posted in the last week or so that Edward ate it. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Maybe if we ask real nice Nina could make us a new one.
I bet she could.
Oh great...now we get to hear about how Edward had a bowel movement and produced that list.