Are we headed for a world wide meltdown?

Captain sure is gullible. Sorta like WTF and YR. Originally Posted by bambino
Yes, you're right. I'm gullible as hell. That's why I ain't PMing you my phone number. As I seem to recall that you're in sales, I'm afraid you'll sell me all kinds of shit I don't need!

Huh? Who's the BIG GUY? I hope you're not talking about Hunter's pappy again?

Is he looking for another 10 percent? If so, please tell him I'm completely tapped out! Originally Posted by lustylad
I was referring to bambino. Didn't he say once that he played college football about 50 years ago and weighed in at something like 270? Or maybe he just said that he's fat; I can't remember for sure.

Anyway, if you're talking about Hunter and his pappy, I can tell you for damned sure that I ain't sending those two fucking grifters another dime. I've been waiting a long time and have not received a single favor from either of those assholes!

Yes, you're right. I'm gullible as hell. That's why I ain't PMing you my phone number. As I seem to recall that you're in sales, I'm afraid you'll sell me all kinds of shit I don't need!

I was referring to bambino. Didn't he say once that he played college football about 50 years ago and weighed in at something like 270? Or maybe he just said that he's fat; I can't remember for sure.

Anyway, if you're talking about Hunter and his pappy, I can tell you for damned sure that I ain't sending those two fucking grifters another dime. I've been waiting a long time and have not received a single favor from either of those assholes!

. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Actually, 6’3”, 265 was my last official measurements. Oh, I had a 36” waist. No fat there Captain. I played a year after college as well. Now, don’t be so angry Captain.
A philosopher king might say: Luckily, when the mighty fall, there are plenty of little people to cushion the landing.

Was reading a recent interview with The Bernanke, hoping to catch a glimpse of what a soft landing might be like in our future. Decent interview (short too)

Former Chair Ben Bernanke takes long view of Federal Reserve’s current challenges
Ryssdal: So let me ask you that just as a way to wrap it up. You know, you talk about how blunt the Fed’s instruments are. Powell talks about it all the time, I’m sure we can find Chair Yellen saying it. But you’ve just recited a bunch of tools the Fed kind of created and did in a time of crisis. Is it unreasonable for the public to expect that, you all being smart economists, can figure out a way to more acutely fix things like inflation, other than just “Oh, my goodness, all we’ve got is the federal funds rate and the balance sheet and forward guidance?”

Bernanke: Well, the Fed can be creative, but it has to stay within its legal powers and within the remit that Congress has given it. So it can’t do much, frankly, and unfortunately about say, big increases in oil prices globally or big increases in food prices. It can’t fix supply chains or eliminate COVID. The Fed has got powerful tools in one area, which is that it can cool demand, which in turn will take some of the pressure off inflation. And as a result, how much inflation comes down over the next year or two, it’s going to depend partly on the Fed’s policies and how aggressive they are. It’s also gonna depend on a bunch of things that the Fed and the government in general just don’t really control, like oil prices and like supply chains.
My take-away reminded me of the movie Apollo 13, staring Tom Hanks. In particular the scene where they have to make their last course correction before reentry without instruments and he just sort of eyeballs it. From my days in that business, there was only one correct answer versus 1,000,000+ answers that they could burn up by coming in too steep and 1,000,000+ answers that would cause them to skip off of the atmosphere and heads towards Alpha Centuri.

God's speed Apollo 13. Failure is not an option.

My take is that this guy approaches the issue from an angle different from mine (largely a technical analysis view rather than my fundamental analysis viewpoints).

Nonetheless, I think he's right that AAPL is more richly priced that warranted and I've believed for some time that its salad days are mostly in the past. The stock is so widely held and widely followed that it's likely a better market bellwether than almost any other issue. (And still has a $2+ trillion market cap!)

So my view is that AAPL is overvalued and more likely than not to decline more than the S&P in a possible recession-induced bear market.

. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight

PS: Sorry for quoting the wrong citation of yours Captain. I meant to launch from your post #238 in his atmosphere.

PSS: Because I'm hoping this economics extrication is more like rocket science than beer pong, though the latter feels more likely ATM.
  • WTF
  • 05-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Actually, 6’3”, 265 was my last official measurements. Oh, I had a 36” waist. No fat there Captain. I played a year after college as well. Now, don’t be so angry Captain. Originally Posted by bambino
Your glory days are long behind you old man....all you have to look forward to nowadays are gloryholes.
  • WTF
  • 05-19-2022, 03:45 PM
So you're telling us we've been in a favorable, declining rate environment for 40 fucking years?

Gee... is there ANYONE on this board who was unaware of that?? What a startling revelation!

So let's see... who was the President who kicked off this 4-decade-long favorable economic tailwind trend? Anyone know who was in the White House way back in 1981?

Oh yes, I remember now!

This is a great moment to quote WTF, who is always so eager to give Republicans the credit they deserve: Originally Posted by lustylad
Credit for yet another bubble and 30 trillion of debt....oh and who was the great Republican who said "debt doesn't matter..."?
  • WTF
  • 05-19-2022, 03:56 PM
Captain sure is gullible. Sorta like WTF and YR. Originally Posted by bambino
You might fool lustylady with that "Aw shucks, y'all don't believe that I believe that..." crap.

Of course you believe it....you've posted nonstop about this nonsense. It just that fewer and fewer people believe that nonsense. Sure you have your Salty and dilbert and Wacko that follow MTG but no one with half a brain believes that crap.

You're like the last klansman to take off his hood in Blazing Saddles

Now tell me more about these PM'S I supposedly sent you...
  • WTF
  • 05-19-2022, 04:00 PM
Don't pick fights with our fellow fiscal conservatives.

" Originally Posted by lustylad
Do you consider yourself a fiscal conserative?

If so, how do you explain your cheering Trumps almost Trillion dollar deficits while you were spouting off about the best economy ever?

You just sounded like a partisan hack to me.
Your glory days are long behind you old man....all you have to look forward to nowadays are gloryholes. Originally Posted by WTF
Which glory hole do you work at?
  • WTF
  • 05-19-2022, 04:09 PM
Which glory hole do you work at? Originally Posted by bambino
I don't swing that way bambino...you might need to take a drillbit to your local zoo if your looking to find something that'll fit in that lard ass of yours!
I don't swing that way bambino...you might need to take a drillbit to your local zoo if your looking to find something that'll fit in that lard ass of yours! Originally Posted by WTF
Your limp noodle swings. It’s all it can do.
  • Tiny
  • 05-19-2022, 07:50 PM
Actually, 6’3”, 265 was my last official measurements. Oh, I had a 36” waist. No fat there Captain. I played a year after college as well. Now, don’t be so angry Captain. Originally Posted by bambino
I'd rather be a midget than a lard ass.
I'd rather be a midget than a lard ass. Originally Posted by Tiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jySRJMhVcBg
  • Mplay
  • 05-19-2022, 08:05 PM
I’ve always encourage youth to be plumbers. It will be one of the last trades that pays. Besides hooking ha!
  • Tiny
  • 05-19-2022, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Speaking of Cheech and Chong, I was thinking about you the other night when I posted this,

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1062844883

I was laughing my ass off while I wrote it. Then I read it the next morning and realized it makes absolutely "0" sense. Oh well, I had a lot of fun writing it.
Speaking of Cheech and Chong, I was thinking about you the other night when I posted this,

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1062844883

I was laughing my ass off while I wrote it. Then I read it the next morning and realized it makes absolutely "0" sense. Oh well, I had a lot of fun writing it. Originally Posted by Tiny

Just write what you're thinking. Like making a wise-crack. It made sense to you at the time. And only you.