Another help for those mortgages underwater.

• WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
the dumb ass repubs have their own issues..the ones i talked abt arent them..most of the repub issues revolve around trying to appear "reasonable" to the elite new media which has ruined their reason for being Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
LOL...your repubs are just pissed that the Dems are spending more money than they did.They thought they had 'starved the beast'!
I stumbled upon this graph this morning. I thought you and WTF would enjoy seeing how it blows holes in your theory that the poor pay social security taxes. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Just because they eventually get more out of it many years later doesn't mean that they don't pay a tax. It just means that they get a great subsequent benefit for the tax that they pay.
Just because they eventually get more out of it many years later doesn't mean that they don't pay a tax. It just means that they get a great subsequent benefit for the tax that they pay. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Spoken like a litigator.
Spoken like a litigator. Originally Posted by pjorourke
they dont pay any tax ever...the lowest tiers at least...the earned income credit eliminates the social security tax withheld and then some and they still get skewed social security benefits
I think this one is dead
Attached Images File Type: gif Beat_dead_horse.gif (4.7 KB, 45 views)
I think this one is dead Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Has that ever stopped us in the past -- on any subject?
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
and they still get skewed social security benefits Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
As they should.....they are poor as fuc. They are a step above sharecroppers if that. Good Lord what part about helping the least fortunate among us did you not understand?
As they should.....they are poor as fuc. They are a step above sharecroppers if that. Good Lord what part about helping the least fortunate among us did you not understand? Originally Posted by WTF
i think helping ppl who cant help themselves is good..

the issue wasnt that it was do they pay taxes

GOOD LORD cant you read?
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 04:11 PM
i think helping ppl who cant help themselves is good..

the issue wasnt that it was do they pay taxes

GOOD LORD cant you read? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Being dirt poor is a pretty fucking stiff tax.

And yes I can read. Not only that I understand your diversion.

The straw man is looking at the dirt poor. What started this shit storm was a post that 50% of our citizens pay no Federal taxes. It evolved into this sideshow.

Today's graph ala PJ:
What started this shit storm was a post that 50% of our citizens pay no Federal taxes. It evolved into this sideshow.

Originally Posted by WTF
exactly..i was on point you strayed
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Clinton had a huge bubble to work with....

And I like the fuc'er but the luck of the draw played a big part in his success.
  • WTF
  • 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
exactly..i was on point you strayed Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I did not stray....PJ strayed. He focused on SS. I had said that people pay regressive taxes. You notice PJ did not post all the fee's that states have that generate $$$. Those are regressive taxes. Unless you live in a cave.

Fron the blog ...
http://blog.american.com/?p=12547
I’ll limit myself here to payroll taxes. (It’s not clear to me that state income and property taxes are regressive, although sales taxes are.)
Poverty fucking sucks.....and the poor will always be with us.
Today's graph ala PJ: Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Kind of reminds me of the age old justification...But Mom, everybody was doing it! Didn't really work with my Mom. Didn't work with my kid's Mom. Doesn't work here.