New CBO numbers: Obamacare will cost the US 2.5 million jobs

• Doove
  • 02-16-2014, 05:52 AM
#2: I pay (and have for a long time) monthly health insurance premiums to a PRIVATE company. If I am diagnosed with cancer my MDA charges will exceed my premiums for the past 10 years by 10x's. Is that an "entitlement" ... (other than I am ENTITLED to the benefit of my friggin premiums I have been paying all these years)?

An "entitlement program" by common definition which has created enormous problems in our economic picture are the ones in which the person is "entitled" to benefits without paying a dime for them .... . Medicaid ... for instance. Originally Posted by LexusLover
If your premiums cost the fund more than what you paid into it, that's an entitlement. Or, if your generation uses more in benefits than your generation paid into it, relying on younger generations to foot the bill for you, that's an entitlement.
  • WTF
  • 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Are you stuck on Wiki as your source for life?

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Better than being stuck on hate and stupid or just plain stupid hate for one party and cheerleading for the other party no matter wtf they do.

#1: Monthly income of mine goes into a "savings account" .. if and when I withdraw there will be more money in the account ... is that an "entitlement" (other than I am ENTITLED to the friggin $$ I EARNED)? If you take out more money than you put in , that would be stealing.

#2: I pay (and have for a long time) monthly health insurance premiums to a PRIVATE company. If I am diagnosed with cancer my MDA charges will exceed my premiums for the past 10 years by 10x's. Is that an "entitlement" ... (other than I am ENTITLED to the benefit of my friggin premiums I have been paying all these years)? You do realize that an insurance company could cherry pick who they insured by something called pre existing conditions. Actuaries in that industry have shared information for decades to insure profitability. Most educated folks know that insurance is excluded from the Sherman anti-trust act. That scam on the public hopefully will come to an end. Now insurance companies will have to insure the entire pool of folks and instead those formerly noninsured folks going to the ER for expensive medical care that you are to ignorant to understand that we pay for in the for of taxes, we now , hopefully will provide folks with a more preventive based form of medicine. Kinda like changing the oil in your car on a regular basis to insure its health or we could keep doing it your dumbass way and never change the oil and just pay to rebuild the engine when it burns up because you are to stupid to want to pay for an oil change.

This fool in the WH is buying votes by handing out tax dollars. Are you talking about GW Bush and his expansion of The Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (also called the Medicare Modernization Act or MMA

Like Obaminable, you apparently want to forget about all those who have actually contributed financially to the system, and who should get back their investment, and hand the money over to people who haven't paid shit relatively speaking ..... you want to kill off the old people who have been paying into the system so they won't be a drain on the system to make it "better" for the young people coming along ................. then you gonna kill them off after they begin to be a drain on a system they did not support?
I want those old folks to realize that they did not pay enough in and for them to bitch about some young toddler taking money out of the system is no different than they are. Neither put in more than they are taking out. One is able to vote and the other isn't. Folks that do not understand this simple math problem tend to vote for the GOP. Folks that do generally vote for the Dems.

A problem you have, WTF, is modifying the meaning of words to fit your "argument"! A problem you have is not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Doesn't work .. except on bimbos. It's like you changing the topic to fit your conclusions. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Do you argue with bimbos LL? That seems like a waste of time if you do. Kinda like I'm wasting my time arguing with you. You want more than you put into a public system and the hypocritically bitch about any other subset that might be doing the same. You do not want to help poor kids with healthcare because they haven't paid into the system but you want to be able to take out more than you put in. That is it in a nutshell.
  • WTF
  • 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM
If your premiums cost the fund more than what you paid into it, that's an entitlement. Or, if your generation uses more in benefits than your generation paid into it, relying on younger generations to foot the bill for you, that's an entitlement. Originally Posted by Doove
LL is like every group he despises....except instead of wanting something for nothing, he wants something for a very little.

He is like a bank robber bitching about another bank robber not having any money in the bank he is robbing. To him if you have deposited money in a bank you are entitled to rob it blind!

If your premiums cost the fund more than what you paid into it, that's an entitlement. Or, if your generation uses more in benefits than your generation paid into it, relying on younger generations to foot the bill for you, that's an entitlement. Originally Posted by Doove
Well, it's not. It's a contract. When I entered into the contract (mandatory participation) there was a RISK that I would not live long enough to collect any benefits AT ALL ...

My Estate (Heirs) would not get a "refund" of the payments I made

(I'm still paying BTW!!). Same with health insurance .. If I died and had no claims.

My Estate (heirs) would not get a refund. That's what my "contract" says.

Like I said ... you can play word games all you want .. it won't work.
LL is like every group he despises....except instead of wanting something for nothing, he wants something for a very little.

He is like a bank robber bitching about another bank robber not having any money in the bank he is robbing. To him if you have deposited money in a bank you are entitled to rob it blind! Originally Posted by WTF
Make up shit again to make your "point"? Pathetic. You are not to be despised. Pitied.
Do you argue with bimbos LL? Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not arguing with you. Ok? It's a waste of time and energy to even discuss with Bimbos like you. Ok?

Actually you are simply annoying. Like an irritated Chihuahua ... you just keep yapping.
  • Doove
  • 02-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Well, it's not. It's a contract. When I entered into the contract (mandatory participation) there was a RISK that I would not live long enough to collect any benefits AT ALL ... Originally Posted by LexusLover
By your logic, both SS and Medicare should be solvent for.......ever.
  • WTF
  • 02-16-2014, 10:36 AM
By your logic, both SS and Medicare should be solvent for.......ever. Originally Posted by Doove
LL only cares if it stays solvent while he is alive. He cares nothing about sacrificing for its long term solvency. He can't figure out why younger workers do not want to pay for his old ass seeing how he didn't set aside enough to pay for himself. And he calls the younger generation selfish!
An admission by Doove (taking a conservative, rational position) that SS and Medicare are in danger of becoming insolvent.
  • WTF
  • 02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
An admission by Doove (taking a conservative, rational position) that SS and Medicare are in danger of becoming insolvent. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD chimes in with another brilliant observation! You quit chasing Marines around the good ship lollipop and you'd know more details in discussions such as these.
  • Doove
  • 02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
An admission by Doove (taking a conservative, rational position) that SS and Medicare are in danger of becoming insolvent. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Take that up with your buddy LL. He seems to have some interesting thoughts on the matter.
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Take that up with your buddy LL. He seems to have some interesting thoughts on the matter. Originally Posted by Doove
Funny how lustylady and LexusLover cut and run when they paint themselves in a corner.

Ladyboy with his lack of understanding Reagan's slight of hand with the tax rate and LexusLover with his hypocrisy on wanting to take out more than he is putting in. Almost forgot JD and his dumbass thinking that SS and Medicare is about to go broke but not wanting to offer a solution on how to fix it.
  • CJ7
  • 02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Funny how lustylady and LexusLover cut and run when they paint themselves in a corner.

Ladyboy with his lack of understanding Reagan's slight of hand and LexusLover with his hypocrisy on wanting to take out more than he is putting in. Almost forgot JD and his dumbass thinking that SS and Medicare is about to go broke but not wanting to offer a solution on how to fix it. Originally Posted by WTF

but but but , at least the simpleton was able to remind people how he handed them their ass before he dove back in the gutter head first ..
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2014, 10:08 AM
but but but , at least the simpleton was able to remind people how he handed them their ass before he dove back in the gutter head first .. Originally Posted by CJ7
What are three stooges do not understand is that Reagan "Fixed SS".

Here is the slight of hand.

He lowered the Federal Tax rate and increased the SS/Medicare rate. Never cut spending. So the government has basically shifted where they get money to operate, instead to paying for say the military Budget with Federal income tax dollars....he borrowed against the SS/Medicare surplus. People think they have more to spend, tax revenues are up.... Brilliant. He looks like a Rock Star by seemingly giving them more money to spend and saving SS/Medicare. When in fact they have spent their SS/Medicare retirement.

He was the one that gave idiots like the Tea Party cause to think cutting taxes are always a good thing. Deficits don't matter. That is just not true. Not all the time. Sometimes tax cuts are good and sometimes a tax increase is good.
By your logic, both SS and Medicare should be solvent for.......ever. Originally Posted by Doove
They could have been ... had folks not thought it was a slush fund for discretionary spending .. and listening to Senator Moynihan could have helped also.

The problem is goof-balls like you look at them as "retirement" plans with benefits.

They were NEVER intended to be that ..

.... nor was the fund intended to provide for a growing population of lazy asses who want to sop up on the government tit and get insurance rather than work for a living.