NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Lets go Texans!! I want the AFC Championship game in Reliant next weekend!!
Man, one can only hope the games today are as wild and crazy as the Saturday games. That Denver/Ravens game has got to be the best playoff game I have ever seen.

Kubiak needs to take a play out of the Ravens handbook. That 70 yr play at the end was text book strike down the field. He would have never done that.

I had Jacoby Jones on my fantasy team 2 years in a row. He looked so damn good in pre season. Then he would fucking cost me or do nothing when I would use him

Just takes the right coaching and development to get the best out of these guys. If you get someone with talent cheaply....why not develop that talent and keep them around.

Houston.....They seem to have this thing, whether it is football, baseball..whatever....they help to develop a player. And he leaves to go on to hall of fame type careers somewhere else.....
Kubiak needs to take a play out of the Ravens handbook. That 70 yr play at the end was text book strike down the field. He would have never done that. Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
No Ike, that 70 yard play should have NEVER happened!!!!!

WTF was that Safety thinking?????
Jacoby was run out of town by the fans , it's because of the coaching by Kubiak's staff and remember Rick Smith's ability to find talent in lower rounds of the draft and through free agency .
Look at all the Texans and Ex-Texans that are playing in the league and playoffs.
If it wasn't for Rick Smith and Kubiak they may have not have been noticed at all .
Kubiak gets way too much criticism , he's only brought the City of Houston a playoff caliber team .
I remember when the Texans didn't win anything ...fans get spoiled real quick !!
Kubes is well below average in my opinion. He was on ther verge of getting fired until McNair stepped in and hired Wade Phillips. Kubes choices(Denver Buddies) as D coordinators were flat out awful. I have seen very little development of WR's, CB's and OL and DL by Kubes and the coaching staff!! Kareem Jackson is the only guy that has improved and he should have been a stud from the start when you are a first round pick. (Duane Brown is a stud, Wade Smith was a free agent, Myers free agent, right side of the O line = Yikes) Brooks and Newton are some serious beef hopefully they pound them with run today with the beefers.

I am fired up about today's game and want a W so bad!! I think it will be close but the Bellechek vs Kubes, and Brady vs Dopey mismatches will be to much to overcome. I also think the NE Tight End will be a big problem.

We will need a monster effort from the D to overcome the shortcomings. We must hold the Pats below 20 to win. A defesive score is almost a must as well. Monster effort from Foster and the running game is critical as well.

It can be done. Let's see it Texans!!! Give me some Kubiaktion baby!!! Some sort of trick play out of the Texans today and I will shit my pants!! We never do one and it should work if we actually do it. Nut Up Kubes and hit em with a surprise or two!! Fake punt, onside kick, flea flicker, fake field goal(lord we all know we will have enough of those). Just in case I am wearing an adult diaper today during the game!

Fuck I am fired up!!!
Let's go Texans
Go Texans
  • Trey
  • 01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Go Texans Originally Posted by carkido45
Fuck that shit I want Super Bowl! We shall see in a couple hours if pro bowl is all we get. We all know that shit is worthless.
  • Satin
  • 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh boy here we go...I have to watch the game with a well known Steeler fan and a Cowgirl fan...should be interesting....

Home game at Reliant next week?
First quarter: Gronfukski is done. If your guys can shut down that little fucktard Welker AND get TDs instead of field goals.....they can beat these douchebags!
  • Trey
  • 01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Yeah but slob can't throw touchdowns so we are stuck with making 10 field goals as our only chance.
Yeah but slob can't throw touchdowns so we are stuck with making 10 field goals as our only chance. Originally Posted by trey
and also, how can your 'D' let a fucking scrub like Vereen make them look so pathetic? WTF!
  • Trey
  • 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna call it over we can't make 2 touchdowns to even catch up I hate the slob. I wish they would look for someone else. Not Tebow.
Shit man, the team will probably rally around Tebow more than what the do Schaub, that inaccurate sob! That d needs to put some hits on Brady, let him know they're there! The D probably needed Bill Romanowski to give them boys a speech before the game.
  • Satin
  • 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
First half we're pretty lucky to be down by 4 & get that last second FG....way to go Kubes!!!

If Casey would not have dropped that TD pass on the first drive, it would be a different game. We gotta slow down Welker...& "Vereen"?! Dammit....