NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Deion Sanders just nailed it...until we get rid of Dopey, we will never win shit. There is no way they do that, but it's the truth. He has a $62 million contract so we're stuck with him...

Don, what about Geno Smith? Never mind...lol
Deion Sanders just nailed it...until we get rid of Dopey, we will never win shit. There is no way they do that, but it's the truth. He has a $62 million contract so we're stuck with him...

Don, what about Geno Smith? Never mind...lol Originally Posted by Satin
No doubt, Playa!

We need somebody who can get off their ass, scramble and at least TRY to win. I say we start planning ahead and look at Johnny Football ATM for 2015-16?
I think we all know now that in order to win a championship or be a contender, our offense simply has to evolve, and that would require change.

We are in a situation like the Jets as far as the QB goes, some people say they can't get rid of the Sanchize because he's making too much money...

Well, if you go to a restaurant, order something that you cannot return, and it turns out really shitty (like a bad steak), would you still eat it?? No, cut your loses, and throw that shit away...order something else, or find something else to eat. We need a new Steak...

Geno is decent, he ain't no RG3 though. Right now, he should be a late 1st round pick, and probably the first QB taken, this is a terrible year for QBs in the draft. But with the league, and this new fetish teams have of taking QBs early, it would not shock me to see him taken early, especially if he has good workouts before the combine. But watching him play, he's not that great with decision making, and he sucked late in the college season after starting out as the early Heisman front-runner (they started off 4-0 and were great, then lost every single game after that). But I think with our team, Kubs could develop him into a great game manager, and that's all we need at this point, he's fast and athletic, he would fit our system great, I think. Our system would obviously have to have some QB run options as well to make it work.

But any other mobile QB would do just fine, it's not like Schaub is a fantastic decision maker. And it's going to be way easier to find the next Russelll WIllson/Colin Kaepernick that it is the next Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers.

But because we made it this far, I think a lot of folks will be content, that's why I was rooting for us to get blown out last week, that way, we would have change for sure, but now, we don't really know what the owner or most of our fans think (even though it's obvious that we do need change).
No doubt, Playa!

We need somebody who can get off their ass, scramble and at least TRY to win. I say we start planning ahead and look at Johnny Football ATM for 2015-16? Originally Posted by john353
Johnny football is going to be wayyy to long of a wait...

Would be cool though.
Johnny football is going to be wayyy to long of a wait...

Would be cool though. Originally Posted by TheDon
Without question...and you guys know way more about football than I do, but if we keep our eye on the prize, who knows what can happen in the future.

At this point T.J. and Kase Keenum need to be thrown in there with the opportunity to see if they can take Schaubs job. Just my opinion.
Just like everybody predicted.

At least it was a better game, but the Patriots STILL put up over 40 MUTHAFUCKIN' POINTS!!!!

It was sad to see Manning run the opening kickoff 94 yards and all we get out of it was another gotdamn field goal!

Oh well, thanks for another good season Houston Texans!
The nail in the mutha fuckin coffin for me with Dopey, late in the game, 17 seconds to go, we are on the pats 30 yard Line behind by 13, fuckface dumbfuck bitch boy throws an 8 yard pass!!!! WTF????? Throw the fucking ball in the end zone you stupid mother fucker!!! It was academic at that point anyway but fuck man aren't you at least smart enough to know that???? Weenie arm won't even throw more than 20 fucking yards!!!

This bullshit has to change!!! TJ or anybody come on man!!!

Is McNair on this board??? Smell the coffee man!!! I hope he reads this!!!
Satin hit it in the head. Dopey has a big money long term contract with the team. Hoping for a change is just a pipe dream. With Schaub, throwing for 347 and 2 TDs in a playoff game like it or not, he's our QB now and for the years to come.

Texans had they're best season ever. As tough as this loss and the end of season tank is, you can't knock progress. Our rooks now all have playoff experience, Cush will be back. No doubt a lot more positives than negatives going into next season.

I'm done with defending Dopey. We needed him to be great and he just wasn't. We needed the Dopey to be the Dopey that got us a balls-out win in Denver and tore up the field vs Jags. Throwing the ball away with room to run (even for him) on a crucial 3rd and 4 was completely unacceptable. He made some great throws but not the ones that count. Since he won't be rehabbing all offseason, hopefully someone will force him into the weight room to get some strength in that throwing arm and put some meat on those twigs. Dopey has had outstanding moments this year but until he's consistent throwing the ball and making smart decisions, he will continue to have his doubters and eventually find a spot on someone's bench. Watching these young QBs run when the lanes open up and nut up and throw blocks, leaves me scratching my head and wondering "what if."

Other than not challenging a questionable spot for 4th down and deciding to throw the ball with inches to go for a first, I thought Kubes coached a good game. He had Dopey looking for crossing tightends and Foster on swing plays when NE blitzed their LBs. Other than taking more shots downfield, the game plan was there. Players just failed to execute.

At the end, I just wish Dopey can up his game or Kubes and Smith can find us a gym with this team before the window closes.
  • Satin
  • 01-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Very nice post bro....

Dopey was not the sole reason we lost this game. We lost this game because NE simply has a better team and a better coach. Simple as that. But the biggest mismatch is at the QB position. Dopey vs Brady? That's a joke.

When I see the young agile QB's out there now such as Wilson, Luck and RG3, I can only shake my head knowing we have a slow, INT-throwing, no defense reading, weak armed QB that we're stuck with for several more years. We had a great season and will contine to win games....but we will never beat any elite teams or win "the big one" as long as we have Dopey under center...

Fuck!!!
Man, Foster's brother just took a shot at Schaub on Twitter, lol.

Here is a quote from Schaub after the game:
Matt Schaub on being in the same class as this wknd's QBs: "No doubt that I belong. I belong right up there with every one of em."

Folks, we have a "Schaublem"...not a problem, but a SCHAUBLEM
You can always bring Carr back into town.

Some will be happy when Matt is out a of Schaub.

Just curious, who thinks that if we had another WR1 along with AJ that Schaub would be an acceptable QB? Right now Walter isn't cutting it. Posey doesn't seem to have the ability to shrug off a defender. Maybe in a year or two? But please Texans management, don't go out and overpay for a vet past his prime again.
TJ, for the start next year.... and the most hyper active offensive coach in the league please.

I was disappointed with the flat footed, approach with 10 mins left on the clock, in the 4th (when the game still was with in reach, by the way they were playing)

But..... IDK, if I did I would be on TV every week....

A Change needs to be made somewhere..... I think it is coaching...

Talent is there...................

Play calling seems to suck, Kubs, and the crew have put a good team together, all it is missing is one thing........

WHAT IS THAT ONE THING?

off to next year................

Go 9'er's!!!!!!
Yates is absolutely not the answer. I agree with Fly though, we need to get another number 1 WR, Dre will only be getting older next year and the idea of featuring Foster/Daniels as the number 2 has proven to not get the job done,
It was sad to see Manning run the opening kickoff 94 yards and all we get out of it was another gotdamn field goal! Originally Posted by kerwil62
IMO, that was "the game" right there. Run = 3 and 2 passes = 0. It's a play off game.