NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

TJ Yates did himself no favors by doing that stupid finger shaking point he did on Brady yesterday.

Do you think that at the end of the game, ole Tom walked up to him and said, "hey kid, look at the scoreboard".

Foe all of their efforts, this game was a repeat of the first, the Texans got some garbage points at the end when the Pats were deciding what to say in the post game victory interviews.

If the last 5 games of this season did not tell everyone what is wrong with the Texans, then it is hopeless. In week 14, they were 8-6 team that just happen to have a 12-2 record. Nothing changed.
  • Satin
  • 01-14-2013, 05:46 PM
D, man it was a pleasure watching the game with you at the pimp palace bro. You and Mix are cool to chill with.

What does your Steelers need? A whole damn new team homie...lol. Nah, you boys have gotten old at several key positions and need some young blood. But y'all have a good coach so you'll be ok. At least you don't have Kubiak...

Alex Smith is the only viable option. He would be a upgrade over Dopey but I'm not sure about him. He had one of the highest QB ratings before he was benched. He's still pretty young and hungry. He can move around but he's still more of a "game manager"....we need a playmaker.

With Cushing and a few others back, we will be ok. But winning 11-12 games and losing against elite teams is all we can hope for while we still have the Dopester...
Schaub and Kubes getting the blame again as usual? Our Defense stunk up Boston and singlehandedly lost this game for us.
Alex Smith is definitely more mobile but he's also arguably a worse decision maker, as hard as that is to believe, we can do better. But by what everyone is saying, sounds like there will be no change at QB, smh

what does Pitt need? They already have Lawrence MotherFucking Timmons, that is literally all they need imo.
As others have said....Alex Smith is probably the best option out there but damn #8 makes too much money to just sit on the bench

Maybe a trade or something with someone but I doubt anybody would bite with his contract

Maybe Rick can draft "Joe Montana" in the 3rd round or another "Tom Brady" with pick #199 LOL

My boys better draft some mutha fuckin' CB's, a safety cuz Troy & Ryan Clark are old, another OL wouldn't hurt and try to steal a RB somewhere in the draft or from somebody else....shit!!!!

Oh yeah...and get rid of that fuckin' worthless OC!!!
How about giving Case Keenum his shot?
How about giving Case Keenum his shot? Originally Posted by macksback
He seemed to have a great college career because he was a good fit for the system he was in, but you could have made the same case for guys like RGIII.

The difference is , Griffin is about 6'3 and extremely mobile, and Case is about 6'0 and can barely move at all. That's pretty much the reason he didn't get drafted. I don't see anyone giving him a chance at starting if he doesn't have the speed, because short guys now obviously make up for their height with their mobility. It seemed like the Texans just drafted him because it felt cool and convenient, and the fans here love him (including myself). Also, he payed in the Conference USA in college, so he saw many weak defenses week in and week out. And John Beck would have been the 3rd stringer, so Beck to Keenum wasn't much of a drop-off, I'm sure Case is just happy being on the team.

For a guy like Case to make it, he would need Brady/Brees type of decision making/accuracy, and we know he doesn't have that, and I can't see any team being patient enough to develop him, because there are too many better options available at the moment.
How about giving Case Keenum his shot? Originally Posted by macksback
I heard Kubiak say on the radio that he is incredibly intelligent and has a gun for an arm despite his height.

This is the guy I wish they could draft. He is a monster!! http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...ei_star00.html

Yes...A defensive lineman. It took us too long to get a rush on the QB. Unfortunately he will be gone by the time we draft.

AND ALEX SMITH IS MATT SCHAUB but MORE MOBILE!! He cannot throw long!!
How about giving Case Keenum his shot?

Case is about 6'0 and can barely move at all.

I heard Kubiak say on the radio that he is incredibly intelligent and has a gun for an arm despite his height.

AND ALEX SMITH IS MATT SCHAUB but MORE MOBILE!! He cannot throw long!! Originally Posted by DarthMaul
well drew brees is 6'0 and I hear he can toss the rock!!!
Alex smith is done, unless he can get on a tampa bay or baltimore superbowl type of team!!
maybe espn in his future
We have a guy that is 2nd string that is very mobile and has a stronger arm. Accuracy and decision making may be suspect due to lack of experience but he has a playooff win and led us to the playoffs with a great drive where he scrambled for a critical first down. Kubes is too fucking stubborn to open his fucking eyes and give TJ a chance. Well Fuck Kubes, I hope he gets fired because he can't see the fucking obvious shortfalls most of us see. The Texans will continue to beat the teams that suck worse than we do but we will never beat a quality team with no nuts Kubes and Slow ass Schaub at the helm. The formula to beat them is too damn easy, pressure Dopey and stop the bootlegs. Re do the Denny's menu please Kubes, start by plugging in a new QB that can move and throw deep. How many times did we throw deep this year? A couple off the bootlegs that were always under fucking thrown but no straight go patterns at all with Andre Fucking Johnson on your team???? Did that get deleted from the Denny's menu cause Dopes can't get it there??? Fuck I am still pissed!! I knew this bullshit coming into the season and called it way back then. Renew my tickets ro go to a spa for 15 rub and tugs?? Tough decision!!!

With all the Dopey bashing I have done, I should also give some bashing to the mfing Defense. Not lining up quick enough when you know its coming is inexcusable!!! Blown coverages from mental mistakes is inexcusable!! No pressure from the OLB's inexcusable!! The D sucked but the O must keep up with good teams to keep us in the game. 24 -13 and Dopey throws a critical pick, game over!! Season over. Too bad Lubes and Dopes carreers arent over!!

Patriots 31 Ravens 27
S.F 24 Atlanta 20
Patriots 31 Ravens 27
S.F 24 Atlanta 20 Originally Posted by Daddio
I hope we're both wrong about the Pats but here are my pics....

AFC: Pats over Ravens
NFC: 49ers over Falcons

SB XLVII: 49ers over Pats
I hope we're both wrong about the Pats but here are my pics....

AFC: Pats over Ravens
NFC: 49ers over Falcons

SB XLVII: 49ers over Pats Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I can go with that. Brady and Company usually win by simply outscoring the opponent. The problem is, that is the way the 49's like to do it as well. If those two hook up, look for a lot of scoring.

As for the quarterbacks, Russel Wilson is only 5'11'', but he does have the added dimension of being able to run. Case runs like his feet are nailed to the turf.
Look at all four of those teams, and take a look at the top two WRs on each team and compare them to Houston's. Every single one of those teams either go 2-deep at the position or have an exceptional TE to draw double coverage, as good as Daniels is, we don't have that, and it's a problem that needs to be addressed:

Baltimore- Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith
Pats- Brandon Lloyd, Wes Welker (Also Hernandez + Gronk)
49ers- Crabtree, Vernen Davis
Falcons- Roddy White, Julio Jones

Texans- Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels....

Now if you look at SF and compare them to us, it's not that much of a drop-off (OD do Davis and Crabtree to Dre), but they have the added dimension of Kaepernick while we have Schaub....And that's why they gave Alex Smith the clip board, because they would have been just like us. If this is the best we can do as far as surrounding offensive players around our QB , we need to do what SF did, get a new QB...
  • Satin
  • 01-19-2013, 08:50 PM
I just read an amazing stat today that Andre and Walter had 6 TD's total the whole year? That's all you need to know...

Texans need to address a lot of areas....offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, cornerback, quarterback....lol. It seems Tate is in trouble somehow, Casey and Barwin is leaving....guess we need a FB & another RB too...

Fuck it, after reading that we are keeping Schaub and Kubs, unless we some how get loaded with some offensive weapons, I'm pretty much giving up on the season as far as a championship goes, I don't even care how good our defense will be, I can't expect this non-explosive/boring offensive team to win a SB.

If they keep Schaub and Kubs (which they probably are), I'm still going to root for the team, for sure, but I will definitely be real with my expectations, and I'm just going to hope we have an entertaining season.

I think we could have a drama-filled/entertaining season if we draft Manti T'eo, just for the media-circus if anything else, I'd love to see our team actually get some media attention, especially if it's NOT a championship caliber team, why the Fuck not? We could basically have the Tim Tebow of football next year, except I think he can be an even bigger star than Tebow, especially if he comes out of the closet, can you guys imagine Kubs having to answer to questions regarding him? I think it would be Fucking great.

Put us on hard-knocks and everything, lets just go balls to the wall till Schaub is gone, Fuck it, I say.