The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

But don't despair. According to Jerry, they are still

America's Team

That is more important than going to the Super Bowl.

Some in the news media still calls them that too

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/sport...ntl/index.html

https://fansided.com/2023/01/16/dall...ericas-team-2/

There is even a WIKI entry for them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team
  • BLM69
  • 01-23-2023, 10:55 PM
Maybe next year? LMAO.... MFR's cost me $100, I should have taken my own earlier advise
Part I:

Anyone who thinks Kellen Moore is a legit head coaching candidate needs to have their head examined. He’s not even a high level Offensive Coordinator in my opinion. He deserves most of the blame for that last game. Too predictable nearly every game.

Everyone knew how good San Fran’s defense was and they lived up to it. Dallas needed to open up the field with 15+ yard pass plays while giving Dak max protection. That means playing only 2 wideouts going downfield EVERY play, with 2 tight ends on the line to pass protect only, along with Zeke also on pass protection, occasionally flaring out for a dump off pass if he didn’t have anyone to block. I would have done this for the first 15-20 plays and forced SF to alter their defensive scheme of hyper pressuring Dak or stacking the box for running plays.

What separates great coordinators/coaches from good ones - the ability to adjust on the fly...Kellen Moore doesn’t have it.
Part I:

Everyone knew how good San Fran’s defense was and they lived up to it. Dallas needed to open up the field with 15+ yard pass plays while giving Dak max protection. That means playing only 2 wideouts going downfield EVERY play, with 2 tight ends on the line to pass protect only, along with Zeke also on pass protection, occasionally flaring out for a dump off pass if he didn’t have anyone to block. I would have done this for the first 15-20 plays and forced SF to alter their defensive scheme of hyper pressuring Dak or stacking the box for running plays.
Originally Posted by ManSlut
I agree with you that SF blitzed a lot or rushed the passer with 5 players. If you are rushing 5 then there are 6 players in coverage. If you only send out 2 receivers then you have 6 players covering two. You have to send out at least three receivers out and hope one them finds the open area in the zone defense. I don't think SF was doing any man to man defensive coverages. Maybe it was man to man on the play where Gallup had a step on the defender on a deep post pattern, but the ball was thrown slightly behind him to the wrong side.

On offense Dallas had two problems.

1. Once Pollard got hurt, you were not going to get any explosive running plays from Zeke. I don't think Zeke Elliot has had a 30 yard plus play running the ball in over 3 years.

2. Jerry Jones got rid of Amare Cooper their best receiver from last year and did not replace him with an equal talent. The reveiver group was better when Cooper is 1, Cedee Lamb is 2 and Gallup is 3. It did not hurt in the regular season, Dallas won 12 games. In the playoffs when you are playing other good teams, this came back to bite them.
Dear Lord.

Please do not let Bijan go to the cowbois.
  • BLM69
  • 01-28-2023, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by CG2014
That's a good one
2. Jerry Jones got rid of Amare Cooper their best receiver from last year and did not replace him with an equal talent. The reveiver group was better when Cooper is 1, Cedee Lamb is 2 and Gallup is 3. It did not hurt in the regular season, Dallas won 12 games. In the playoffs when you are playing other good teams, this came back to bite them.[/QUOTE]

Cowboys are in the lower half of all NFL teams in Cap Space.

No way could they afford Cooper and the Browns after signing Cooper have twice the negative cap as the Cowboys.

Being in the Salary Cap hole means you cannot resign your young talent and the Cowboys have 3 Stars they have to resign.

Lamb, Parsons, Diggs will get big contracts and Pollard will get Franchise Tagged.

The NFL cap makes building a SB team complex and the Chiefs were lucky as they got rid of Tyrek Hill and still stayed competitive.

Cowboys were lucky that CD Lamb fell to them in the Draft. They probably will get lucky with Bijan Robinson as of right now DE and QB's are all the rage.
Would any team owner let a GM or head coach have 27 seasons like this? Hell no. Jones should've fired himself from any and all decision making years ago. He needs to hand the reins over to a top notch GM, but we're stuck with what appears to be a delusional megalomaniac who feels he brings real value to the table.

I keep hoping one day Jones will wake-up and realize he's the one that's fucked fans over for the last 27 years, announce a news conference, apologize to fans for fucking them over for 27 yrs, and announce he's taking a back seat. However his ego, delusions of his decision making value and team worth, and megalomania, overpower any possibility of that.

Barring Jones having an incapacitative health condition/event, or death, I think Dallas' future will continue to be fucked. Something obviously needs to happen to where he's no longer pulling the strings, or more of the same is what we're going to keep getting, bad decisions leading to disappointing seasons.

Sadly for the legacy Jones' wants to leave behind, Jones may have to die before we win again (another Super Bowl). There's only been one constant over the past 27 years of failure, Jerry Jones!
I read Cowboys fired everyone except McCarthy and the defense coach.

https://thelandryhat.com/2023/01/27/...bin-dan-quinn/

I think McCarthy needs to go to. He had too many in game clock mismanagement during the season.
May gerry and son rule the bois forever!
Would any team owner let a GM or head coach have 27 seasons like this? Hell no. Jones should've fired himself from any and all decision making years ago. He needs to hand the reins over to a top notch GM, but we're stuck with what appears to be a delusional megalomaniac who feels he brings real value to the table.

I keep hoping one day Jones will wake-up and realize he's the one that's fucked fans over for the last 27 years, announce a news conference, apologize to fans for fucking them over for 27 yrs, and announce he's taking a back seat. However his ego, delusions of his decision making value and team worth, and megalomania, overpower any possibility of that.

Barring Jones having an incapacitative health condition/event, or death, I think Dallas' future will continue to be fucked. Something obviously needs to happen to where he's no longer pulling the strings, or more of the same is what we're going to keep getting, bad decisions leading to disappointing seasons.

Sadly for the legacy Jones' wants to leave behind, Jones may have to die before we win again (another Super Bowl). There's only been one constant over the past 27 years of failure, Jerry Jones! Originally Posted by dfwtsfan
Over the past 10 years Stephen Jones has been calling the shots in the front office for the Cowboys.

Many Sport Writers in the 2014 Draft wrote about Stephen Jones grabbing the Draft Card out of Jerry's hand where he wrote down Johnny Manziel's name and Stephen handed in the card with Zack Martin's name. A future HOF Guard instead of a total NFL bust.

Over the past 10 years the Cowboys rank 7 in Wins and 6 in TD's during that span. Which are the Stephen Jones years of running the team.

Playoff losses have been frustrating but over the past 10 years look at all of the QB bust with 1st round picks along with talent and cap hole many franchises are facing and the Cowboy's future is not that bleak.
[QUOTE=dfwtsfan;10630

Sadly for the legacy Jones' wants to leave behind, Jones may have to die before we win again (another Super Bowl). There's only been one constant over the past 27 years of failure, Jerry Jones![/QUOTE]

Someone shoulld explain to Jerry, that death at 27 years did wonders for Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Janis Joplin.
Enough about the Cowboys, I want to write about Winners.

Tomorrow's predictions:

Bengals 23
Chiefs 20

49ers 17
Eagles 27

I think the Eagles defence will menace Purdy.. The Niners have a strong defense, but Jalen Hurts will adjust, and run for 90-100 yards, neutralizing their pass rush.