Malaysian airlines: the rise of Al Queada?

"Malaysian authorities on Monday reversed themselves on the sequence of events they believe took place on the plane in the crucial minutes before ground controllers lost contact with it early on March 8. They said it was the plane’s first officer — the co-pilot — who was the last person in the cockpit to speak to ground control. And they withdrew their assertion that another automated system on the plane, the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or Acars, had already been disabled when the co-pilot spoke.

"Flight 370’s Flight Management System reported its status to the Acars, which in turn transmitted information back to a maintenance base, according to an American official. This shows that the reprogramming happened before the Acars stopped working. The Acars ceased to function about the same time that oral radio contact was lost and the airplane’s transponder also stopped."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/wo...ight.html?_r=0

http://www.businessinsider.com/malay...ne-fire-2014-3
DUUUU same thing I said.
DUUUU same thing I said. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

"[T]hey withdrew their assertion that another automated system on the plane, the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System, or Acars, had already been disabled when the co-pilot spoke."
The turn was programmed in the ACARS and transporter disabled before the reply from the co pilot. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Different opinions from different sources. The Malaysians haven't been right about much that happened. Hell their AF never scrambled jets when radar picked up the plane without ID passing over their country.
Thus making Chris Goodfellow's theory entirely plausible!
Hell anything is plausible at this time.
Do those ID systems continue to transmit if the plane lands safely?
Do you have to turn the whole thing off, disconnect batteries, etc. to make it undetectable if it isn't underwater?
Do you have to turn the whole thing off, disconnect batteries, etc. to make it undetectable if it isn't underwater? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Yesterday it was reported by 7th Fleet commander that the Southern area of the Indian Ocean area base on the satellite feed had been "scanned' and "surveyed" jointly with U.S. and Aussie aircraft ... and nothing was found.

The first officer's simulator was programmed with uncontrolled remote strips.

Perhaps someone else did, but I did not hear a report that the pre-programmed flight plan was also on his simulator computer.

Additionally, the question of just how much fuel was loaded before take off was raised yesterday, and my recollection of "fuel" talk early on was the SOP for flights ... distance + one hour. Hopefully someone can go back and check, if they didn't that same day.
Do you have to turn the whole thing off, disconnect batteries, etc. to make it undetectable if it isn't underwater? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
There are conflicting reports on that. A pilot on the news last night said you could pull a fuse behind the first officer's seat to disable ACARS . In a earlier report it was disabled from a compartment under the cockpit. This is the once a hr ping that it transmits .
There are conflicting reports on that. A pilot on the news last night said you could pull a fuse behind the first officer's seat to disable ACARS . In a earlier report it was disabled from a compartment under the cockpit. This is the once a hr ping that it transmits . Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I hope that once the dust settles on this monkey-fucking-a-fire-plus episode that the ability of a pilot, engineer, passenger, crew member, baggage handler, refueler, mechanic, or just someone wandering around on the tarmac to "DISABLE" locating and status transmission devices on commercial aircraft (carrying passengers and/or cargo) will be ELIMINATED, AND/OR a protocal for "DISCONNECTING and/or DISABLING" communications will be established and enforced ...

... in the meantime don't book any flights on Malaysia Airlines.
  • CJ7
  • 03-19-2014, 10:52 AM

the automatic locating transponder only goes off if its underwater and has a 2 nautical mile range

an experienced pilot such as yourself should know that
  • CJ7
  • 03-19-2014, 11:03 AM
I hope that once the dust settles on this monkey-fucking-a-fire-plus episode that the ability of a pilot, engineer, passenger, crew member, baggage handler, refueler, mechanic, or just someone wandering around on the tarmac to "DISABLE" locating and status transmission devices on commercial aircraft (carrying passengers and/or cargo) will be ELIMINATED, AND/OR a protocal for "DISCONNECTING and/or DISABLING" communications will be established and enforced ...

... in the meantime don't book any flights on Malaysia Airlines. Originally Posted by LexusLover

some of that shit drives pilots crazy, especially if they are forced to make a series of emergency moves trying to save their ass ... and in case there's a fire staring them in the face they need to eliminate power to the source of the fire
... for every hour a plane spends in the air it spends an hour going through maintenance, most are scheduled unless someone notices something flaky ...so if someone like an avionics tech wanted to fuck with the plane theres ample time during routine checkups when the bird is getting worked on..

you didn't know that Einstein ?
the automatic locating transponder only goes off if its underwater and has a 2 nautical mile range

an experienced pilot such as yourself should know that Originally Posted by CJ7
I wasn't referring to the orange "black box" but the ways to locate a non crashed plane - if it sits on the ground normally transmitting its location then it would be easily found unless it is underwater.
  • CJ7
  • 03-19-2014, 12:21 PM
I wasn't referring to the orange "black box" but the ways to locate a non crashed plane - if it sits on the ground normally transmitting its location then it would be easily found unless it is underwater. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

the electronic locators are turned OFF ... NOTHING about this entire scenario is NORMAL ...where have you been?
the electronic locators are turned OFF ... NOTHING about this entire scenario is NORMAL ...where have you been? Originally Posted by CJ7
I've been to a seminar entitled, "How to Spot a Jackass".
Your picture was on the cover of the handout.