Other Hobby Sites

LOL TinMan. Guess your "retirement" was just like those of the providers: brief!

I too am pleased to see the old board return. Lots of good memories tied up in those reviews. Originally Posted by ReadCT
Hey, I said at the time not to be surprised at my early return! I know myself all to well....
Annie, you login with your old information. They saved it from ASPD.
Sorry ,but I don't have bcd access over there either and I don't plan on it.
I got ripped off for about 6 months of bcd when they went down.So now they are back up and want me to trust them with my money again.
Burn me once shame on you ,burn me twice shame on me.
The animated logo is fucking annoying.
The animated logo is fucking annoying. Originally Posted by chipotle
Isn't that just a little like being a passenger on the Titanic and saying the life vests are the wrong color!
Sorry ,but I don't have bcd access over there either and I don't plan on it.
I got ripped off for about 6 months of bcd when they went down.So now they are back up and want me to trust them with my money again.
Burn me once shame on you ,burn me twice shame on me. Originally Posted by looiecypher
Different ownership, but I get your point.
i think i will stay over here at eccie
Different ownership . . . Originally Posted by TinMan
Very true, "Different ownership." We used to own the database as paid/contributing members, and now "they" own the database, although they won't disclose how they got it. It makes no difference to me anymore, however, as I get all the information on this site, where improvements seem to be taking place daily.
Yeah, I noticed the new site a couple of days ago. I liked how they kept our reviews as well. The only reviews of mine that are missing are from the LR. Meh...no worries...all of my other 5,000+ reviews are still there.
Very true, "Different ownership." We used to own the database as paid/contributing members, and now "they" own the database, although they won't disclose how they got it. It makes no difference to me anymore, however, as I get all the information on this site, where improvements seem to be taking place daily. Originally Posted by ferdburf
take this in the spirit that it is given/offered...the "how" the database is in new ownership hands is/was a private matter (that includes me also since i don't know myself)...i don't think we need to know the mechanics of the acquisition...not all acquisitions need or require transparency...just enjoy the fact that your information is still there and you're still the same person/handle you were before...and it's gonna be there if you decide to log in...

just as any real world business...sometimes business get aquired and changed names...did i get bent out of shape went nationsbank got aquired by bank of america...no...that's just business...my bank account is still the same...i still have the same amount of money there...i still see the same people who worked there before...for all practical purposes...it's still the same bank to me...just a different name...

if you have a different opinion...cool...we should all have our own opinions and make up our own minds...

my 10 cents...my 2 cents is free...

allstar
Sonofabitch I had a whole post written and it went poof. The general gist of it was to remember (for those that don't give two shits about the drama) it's an awesome tool. Why the heck would anyone want to be restricted to o e place. Having 2 very safe and comfortable places ( ran by fair, balanced, and sane people) is very nice... Especially for someone like me who gets banned all the time.

Deuce is a wonderful man. I've never experienced anything except kindness and gentleness from him.

I have several more thoughts on this topic but I need my laptop. This phone thing is a pain.
new ownership or not.they do have the database and have left all our accounts open for us to use them."if we pay for them"
They want us to feel better about the site , give all us paid premium members 6 months free.What about the former lifetime members?I'm sure they can't be happy either.
The money isn't really a big deal.I spend what I paid for access there daily on the hobby and much more.It's the trust that was lost when the site folded because of mismanagment that I don't like.
This site and ter gives me all I need in info ,I have zero reason to pay there...again
Too many rules on the old ASPD. I like to see the girls that I'm paying for. Many thanks to Genuisman for his posting.
I spent an hour or so last night reading the posts that were more recent. The whole BCD access issue is being "discussed" as was posted by RaginCajun. I am willing to give it a try once they hash out the remaining issues and/or tell us the playbook that will be offered. At that point I can know whether or not it is worth my time. I do think ECCIE gets it by offering Premium Access to encourage those who were past contributors to get involved early.

My opinion is that it is being marketed AS the old site so I would hope they will keep what was good about the old site. One of those for me was the ability to earn BCD. The fact of the matter was that when I joined ASPD in 2002 it was fairly well established and paying for BCD would have been something I would do. Until
the new ASPD gets to that point I join others in being apprehensive about putting out money for any website.
ERAPs without provider pics is boring. I will stay here with ECCIE.