NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The Ravens won...

Attachment 194442

& the 49er's lost

Attachment 194443 Originally Posted by DickEmDown
This was a great season!!! Free agency should be interesting for sure. The Texans have like 21 free agents and most of them are on defense.
Personally, I think they should go after Alex Smith......Schaub will not make 16 games. With a QB that can keep your team in a game, and a defense that can shut down opponents, they will have the wherewithal to win it all!!!

There were a ton of interesting storylines.....but at the end of the day.
DEFENSE STILL WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!
  • Satin
  • 02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Good post Easye...I agree....

The Jacoby interview was great..love him or hate him. I didn't know he was that funny.

Here's the deal on the Texans....

They are only 3-$5 million under the cap. There are a lot of great receivers (Mike Wallace) on the market, but they don't have the money. They need to do something with Connor Barwin and Glover Quinn. In contrast, the Colts are over $40 million under the cap. Look out.

Free agency starts March 12. I don't think we will be able to get anyone....
Look for guys like Ben Tate, Owen Daniels and probably Antonio Smit to be wearing a dfferent jersey next season. Arian is to have heart surgery...monitor that closely.

Rick Smith is going to have to earn his money now!!!
Arian is not having heart surgery, Daniels isn't going anywhere, the Ninja is going to get extended for 2 more years. Walter is going bye bye and I'd be shocked if we resigned Barwin. Quinn must be resigned, Shawn Cody is likely gone I assume, I don't see a reason to keep him. I bet we trade Ben Tate too.
  • Trey
  • 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Alex Smith is just a younger version of what we got so I don't think he will add much Easy. I do think they should drop Walter. He really don't do shit but block. And Tate ruined his trade value, I see him still here till next year when he will be a free agent. I expect he will be on his game next year too so he can increase his value.
I liked Antonio Smith, OD was alright, I'm guessing we keep Quinn, I say good riddance to the rest of the guys, I do wish them luck, though. I'm assuming our main free agents will find spots on other teams, maybe besides Walter (I hope he finds a team, seems like a nice guy, eh)

The main MotherFucking guy we should target is Mike MotherFucking Wallace, if we get him, I'm back on the "I think we can win the SuperBowl even with an average QB and coach bandwagon"

Edit: I just read Satin's last post. Son of a Bitch....I'll still pray to the football Gods that we can get him.
T
Donnie boy, damn bro you actually watch baseball?! Lol, damn bro props to you, but it would be a cold day in hell before I would ever watch a baseball game homie. I would rather go shopping with my girl....lmao.
I respect baseball and the players. I think it's the hardest sport to master, but I can't stand it. Way too slow and boring for me. So after basketball, I'm just gonna be bored out of my fucking mind. Originally Posted by Satin
Brother, I shared the exact same views as you just mentioned when it comes to baseball, I could literally add more to what you just wrote. I grew up with no friends/people telling me/introducing the game to me in a way that I liked, or that impressed me.

But it took a long time to get used to/understand/enjoy, but I love it now. I first only followed it because I used to make a bunch of retarded parlays when I first started betting on sports, but then after I stopped gambling for a while, I stopped caring. But then I started playing the MLB 2k games on X-box, and it helped me get back into it.

But the biggest factor that helped me embrace it, might sound odd, but MotherFucking alcohol, YES. Just pop open a cold one, find a team to root for (make sure they are a good/fun team, mine is the Rangers, they are a pretty good), and simply sit back and kill your day. Games are played almost every Fucking day or night. I love it because it helps me get through the week (I get bored as Fuck Monday-Thurs), I'll even watch it sometimes on the weekend. But it's cool as Fuck to just be buzzed and watch dudes blast balls out the park.

But late in the season I reached a point to where I didn't really need alcohol to enjoy the game, I just naturally became a fan, I root for my team, and that's simply good enough fro me.

I'll still probably drink during the games just cause I can, Yeeeeah Buddy

Give it a shot, watch some Rangers games, they are a good local teams (Astros kinda suck...)
  • Trey
  • 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
The Astros will suck for a good minute. They have the lowest payroll in baseball. Only one maybe two OK guys. Guess since most the city can't see the games anyway it don't matter for them.
I don't get to see their games, same for the Rockets (I think only 60% get to see them?).

I get all of the Ranger games though. They will be in the same division this year, should be interesting.
We can blabber on about Schaub till we're blue in the face. Point is that JOE COCKSUCKING FLACCO just won the super bowl. There's no good reason whatsoever to think Schaub can't do it too. I have no idea what happened to him at the end, but he played just fine until the last 6 games. If he can do that a whole season, or hell even the last 12 games of the season instead of the first we could coast into the Super Bowl. Our defense took a dump this year at the end too, it was a perfect storm of dump taking happening everywhere except in JJ Watt's pants. And Joe Marciano should be killed, not even fired, he should literally be offed.
Flacco was lights out in the post season, that throw he made to Boldin while sprinting out of bounds is exactly the difference between him and Schaub, Schaub would have just thrown the ball in the stands, but Flacco made a play while on the run- Something Schaub can't do. And Flacco also converted on third downs too, as well as key situations during the playoffs. He even threw the back-shoulder pass to Smith or Boldin in the superbowl (Can't remember to who).

And the bombs he threw to Jones and Smith deep? Schaub couldn't do that in a million years.

Flacco clearly had a turning point this season, and it very well could have occurred during the playoff game in Denver, the Ravens ended the season flat. But either way you look at it, Flacco got it done. And it wasn't all defense, this was not the same old Ravens defense we've seen in years past, they were soft at times, and Ray Rice wasn't great either.
And if I had previsioned all this and told you that Flacco was going to do this 9 months ago you'd have called me an idiot. Schaub can do it too. Or not, point is I doubt anyone could have guessed Flacco would and he did.
And if I had previsioned all this and told you that Flacco was going to do this 9 months ago you'd have called me an idiot. Schaub can do it too. Or not, point is I doubt anyone could have guessed Flacco would and he did. Originally Posted by BBWrider
I spent 4 days in Baltimore a few months ago and Flacco was being torn apart, shred by shred, by the Ravens fans. He is a hero today but he was their goat 2 months ago. Such is the life of an NFL qb! I've always said, the qb gets too much credit when they win and just the opposite when they lose. Yes, it is the most important position on the team but if the rest of the team is not playing well, it really doesn't matter. The bottom line will be the same, the team is going to lose.

In the hearts and minds of many NFL fans a QB is only as good as his last few games.

As for Schaub, he sucked, along with the rest of the team, during the last 5-6 games. In the first 8-10 games Schaub was an upper 2nd tier qb. While Schaub sucked at the end, even if he had played at the same level he did in the first half of the season, I doubt the Texans would have gone anywhere, because the defense played so poorly the last half of the year.

Hindsight being 20/20, the Texans peaked much too early in 2012. They were clearly one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFL during the first half of the year. Equally as clearly, that was not the case in the last 5-6 games. Truth of the matter is, at the end of the year they sucked on offense, defense and special teams!

With all of that said, I can't wait for the 2013 season to start. Maybe next year the Texans will suck early and play like the 2012 Giants and 2013 Ravens the last half of the year! Stranger things have happened in the NFL! Win, lose or draw, I'm still a Texans fan and always will be. Before I forget, f**k the Cowgirlz!
And if I had previsioned all this and told you that Flacco was going to do this 9 months ago you'd have called me an idiot. Schaub can do it too. Or not, point is I doubt anyone could have guessed Flacco would and he did. Originally Posted by BBWrider
Not really, Flacco and the Ravens pretty much out-played the Pats last year in the AFC Championship game and should have played in the SuperBowl. Flacco has had his fair share of moments in his 5 seasons in the league, including a playoff win each year.

Schaub? Not so much.