NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Oh yeah, Teo definitely did not show great speed, but I think he would do just fine doing what Dameco used to do for us, just play downhill and smash dudes in the face, we weren't that good at stopping the run last year, I think he could change that.

There are some okay prospects at WR this year, but we got some last year, i don't trust that we will do a good job finding a good one...we don't have a good history of it besides drafting Dre, and that was like 11 years ago..

I would like a CB though, agree with you there, I think if we could get the Honey badger, it would be pretty great, but the better ones usually go pretty high, maybe we could trade up? The O-lineman are the best this year though, but who the cares about that if our QB sucks..
Honey Badger could be good, he is playmaker and a return guy but McNair won't even consider him because of character issues. We need some badasses not nicey nice mfers. Honey Badger is risky however since he did not play last year.

Fuck no on Teo, slow, and overated just like Notre Dame was, sorry Don. I think he will be another Brian Bosworth "Boz" and flame out before his rookie deal is over. We do need a run stuffing LB to help Cush, fuck to play for Cush if he gets nicked again. I still want to kick Slausen in the gonads for that cheap shot!!

Fuck the list of what we need is long, QB, ILB, WR, OL, Fullback, Secondary help, OLB and yet here we stand with our cock in our hand!! Let go of it Rick and get us some free agent help!!!
Have the Texans ever picked up a WR in free agency that really helped the franchise?
Even if we did, there would be no point, Schaub can't throw far enough anyway.

Our best chance is to have the nancy-boy play for our team....Offense is going to be useless. We're going to need 2000 Ravens D if we want to win a superbowl. We just need 7 from our offense, that is the type of D we need.

I think Foster is also going to go straight downhill from here, he was great for us for a couple of years, but got his payday, and I think he's just going to smoke-out for the rest of his career, more power to him.
I agree on Foster. How many Mfing times did he slip down last season? Fuck I was cussing the equipment guy for giving him shitty cleats! When S Jackson the Rams rb came available I got excited then I remembered, fuck we're the Texans, no chance. Same with M Wallace, fuck no chance. Read the nice list of free agents in the chronicle today then did the same, oh fuck no chance. Jake Long, fuck.

Cut Dopey's ass and sign a player or two, the drop off to TJ is actually an improvement!!!
Texans wish they had 2000ravens defense that will never happen
  • Trey
  • 03-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Tj ain't much better, everyone thinks he will be the next Brady for some reason. Slob ain't leaving, we suck for the next 2 year's how I see it. Wild card next season and out of contention following year. I just don't see good things ahead.
Looks like Casey will be gone for sure. The General says 14 teams are interested in him. Sad cause he will erupt for another team.

Cut Kevin Walter, saved some cap space.

We nned some OL help, Ryan Harris won't cut it at RT.

I get excited about these guys, then remember oh yeah we're the Texans, we don't do shit!!
Can't believe that many teams are interested in Casey, damn.

First Leach gone, now him. We do a pretty damn good job at developing FB's. Too bad that position is so meaningless compared to QB and WRs...
Kevin Walters should have been gone
I'm assuming Texans are gunna make run to keep Barwin and Quin since pretty much all top WR's on the market just got soed up. Theres some talk about OD possibly being a cap casualty. I'd like to believe thats BS. There's a big drop between OD and Graham. Hell, OD had more TDs than Dre. I thought Posey looked good toward the end of the season but after rehabbing all off season who knows what well get out of him next year. That Slausen fuck that took out Cush lost his appeal. So I guess he breaks about even with what he got in bounty pay. Fat fuck! Anyway Im hoping Quin stays, he had a great year and has huge upside. twouldn't surprise me if someone pays him a top tier safety contract. Donta Robinson got cut? Interesting... :

I'm going to pretend I didn't just read you fellers talking of possibly trading away NFLs TD leader and 90% of our offense. Calm down now, just vote for the dude to be on the cover of Madden 14 and draft him #1 in next years fantasy fb.
What I don't understand is how the Eagles have all this cap space when two years ago they dropped like $100M on Vick, $60 Million on Nnamdi Asomugha and signed a lot other top free agents like Ronnie Brown. Remember that strike year when everyone thought the Eagles "bought" a Superbowl and went nowhere?

Now they supposedly have $26 million in cap space while the Texans have $6M. Sure they cut a bunch of people but so did we last year (lost entire right side of line).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/
Lost Casey already. What is it with the Eagles? 'Meco and now Casey!!
Looks like there are still some good WR's out there after all..
Welker
Jennings
Cruz
Heyward-Bey
Amendola

I doubt Texans could land any of the 1st three. But Heyward-Bey or Amendola may be plausible..

We got a fuckload of guys out there shopping this year...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/freeagency/?year=2013&team=34
What I don't understand is how the Eagles have all this cap space when two years ago they dropped like $100M on Vick, $60 Million on Nnamdi Asomugha and signed a lot other top free agents like Ronnie Brown. Remember that strike year when everyone thought the Eagles "bought" a Superbowl and went nowhere?

Now they supposedly have $26 million in cap space while the Texans have $6M. Sure they cut a bunch of people but so did we last year (lost entire right side of line).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/ Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yeah, I would like an explanation to how that shit worked, and they just released Nnamdi anyway...

Willy, I was mainly Fucking around with Foster, still love him. But who knows, the way he tweets, he could be the next Ricky Williams...