NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Sparking up bruh?
Is Heyward Bay still available? A receiver with a few years experience, very fast, maybe Jacoby like however. Probably better than what we can draft at WR.

Heard the 610 boys talking up James Harrison, that would be awesome!! Talk about a dose of bad ass!! Ed Reed and James Harrison with Cush and JJ. Move Brooks Ried inside to play with Cush and you have, Mercilus, Smith, JJ and Harrison, Cush and Ried, JJoe, KJackson, Manning and Reed. That is pretty fucking good right there. Wade prolly has a chubby already!!
The texans dont have that kind of money an yes that wr still out there
If we had Harrison we would have the most legit defense evaa

And just think if we drafted MANTI TEO to go along with it, we would get as much coverage as the Jets!
  • Trey
  • 03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
No one gets the coverage of the jets. Even though they will be one of the worst teams next year still they will be the most talked about. They still Rollin with the sanchize right?

Our D could be great but we still can't put points on the board. I won't have much hope till we get a new qb that can put the ball down field.
although ed reed will be a good addition , I want to see them get at least 2more cheap free agents because having to rely on rookies to fill several holes isca recipe for disaster.
Casey Hampton out there they can get him for cheap
So, we just signed the best punter in the league....that will serve our already good looking defense even more, I like!
So, we just signed the best punter in the league....that will serve our already good looking defense even more, I like! Originally Posted by TheDon
I was more excited about that signing than the Ed Reed one. I wonder why Oakland let him go? Who do they have that is taking so much cap space.

Like Daddio said it looks like Hayward-Bey is available. I know he is fast but can't catch the damn ball!??
Love the Reed signing as well, but the Shane one is underatted, we've had punting issues for a while, that looks to be solved...

I like Bay, but he tends to get hurt a lot. I doubt we could get Victor Cruz, so I guess he could be the best option, I think I'd rather have us go Right Tackle with the first round pick and just get a WR through free agency.
They should look at brandon Lloyd he catches way better than heyward bey you can forget about Cruz he wants to much money
Does Rick Smith have his thumb up his ass?? Get to fucking WORK Rick!!! Sign some Free Agents on the cheap and plug the holes. Satin should be the GM, he is always pluggin holes(or ho's) Where you at bro? Spider holing?
I don't give a fuck that it's April, the all time best thread cannot and will not be moved to page 2 because all you panzy ass mfers aint posting!! LOL.

How much did Darrius Heyward Bey sign for? He would have looked good in a Texan's uniform.

Are all you panzy asses like Rick Smith and too lazy to post, like Rick is too lazy to sign Free Agents? Get fucking crackin!! Or at least post me snatch pictures, One Eye where you at??
I'll go. While not a blockbuster, picking up Greg Jones from Jacksonville is a solid move that helps replace Casey with someone that is familiar with the zone blocking schemes and has blocked for MJD and Fred Taylor. Probably a better pure fullback than Casey was.

Are there any decent FA WR's left? I don't think so unless someone gets cut unexpectedly. We have some talent and If I were Lestar Jean I would be busting my ass to prove I've got what it takes to be the #2WR and heir apparent to AJ. Between Casey and Walter there are 75 receptions for the taking and it's wide open for him. If he doesn't seize the moment by proving he has what it takes this off season to get it done then they need to cut him and move on. He's got the tools but does he have the heart?

Keyshon Martin is slightly undersized and can't/won't catch in traffic but he's explosive when he has a little room. I'm just not sure he can be physical enough with blocking which is critical for this offense.

Posey won't be ready til mid season and probably won't be 100% until 2014.

At this point we are going to have to handle all WR's with kid gloves because if anyone gets hurt we're going to be in a bind.
I like Greg Jones signing too. But Fucking Kubes always acted like Casey was a secret weapon, that dude could have had alot more receptions or targets. I bet he explodes with the Eagles under Chip Kelly's fast break offense. I agree about LeStar as well, he could be real good.

How about Urlacher and Cush in the middle? For one year it sounds pretty damn good. Mix in a little James Harrison off the edge and we could beat some mfing teams 3-0. A big nasty Casey Hampton would be good too. Come on Rick, get your thumb out of your ass and do something. Restructure that horrible Dopey contract to free up some money!!