Tucker Carlson or the CDC: Who Do You Trust More for Advice About Masks?

HF, I did not say the recommendations from the CDC have not been confusing to say the least. I am saying you misquoted them when you said:

"We now have the evidence that masks outside were never needed from the beginning. Of course we didn't know that at the time ( maybe ) but we know it now and anybody that suggested we never needed masks outside was right, period."

Even with its most recent statements, the CDC recommends the wearing of masks outdoors for all under certain circumstances.

The only times I wore, or still wear, a mask outdoors is when required. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

I hate to beat a dead horse BUT, you are wrong, I never misquoted the CDC. To misquote the CDC, I would have to have mentioned the CDC in my statement and as you can see I did not mention the CDC in my remark. If I had said the CDC said it was never necessary, then I would have misquoted the CDC. But sometimes you want to make something from nothing because you disagree with me. Please refrain from telling me I misquoted someone when I did not. I was clearly offering my own opinion.

Been thinking about that for a couple of days. I feel better now that I have cleared up your misunderstanding.

So you won't have to wear a mask outside in a crowd at Disney World. I wonder if you still will just to be sure?
If anyone calls the police, on a parent, for having their child wear a mask, we'll probably see a parody on comedy central.

I'd love to see that! Originally Posted by pfunkdenver

You are one of those people Tiny is worried about and YOU should definitely not be watching Tucker.
Just remember. Fox is entertainment, not factual news. Follow Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, et al at your own risk. Originally Posted by Expresso Jim

There is plenty of factual News at Fox. Try Bret Baier at 6 P.M.There is plenty of factual news on the Tucker Carlson show. There also happens to be plenty of sarcasm and wit.

You'll get news that the DNC network, CNN and MSNBC will not tell you. Can anybody tell me if either CNN or MSNBC ever retracted their story about the capital police officer dying from a blow to the head with a fire extinguisher by a Trump supporter that did not happen? Did they ever admit that for 4 years they got the Trump, Russia story wrong?

Granted, it's not for everybody. It's for people who understand it and appreciate wit and sarcasm directed at very stupid people that he is talking about, Democrats in case anybody is wondering who I'm referring to.
  • Tiny
  • 05-16-2021, 07:44 PM
And if you don't know that was sarcasm, then there is no hope of explaining this to you but you do know it and I know you know it. It just irks you that he does it mainly, I think, because you think many people are just to stupid, to gullible, not sophisticated enough to understand what I understand and what I would bet you understand, you just don't like it. Am I right or am I wrong?
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I wouldn't even say it's "many" people Hedonist. But some percentage, perhaps less than 5%, are indeed stupid enough to use Tucker's comments as validation that it's OK to get in some parent's face and tell her she's killing her child by telling him to wear a mask. His sarcasm is too sophisticated in this instance. And he's more than half serious, he really doesn't like kids wearing masks. Either that or he believes claiming kids are going to suffer adverse health effects from masks appeals to his audience.
You'll get news that the DNC network, CNN and MSNBC will not tell you. Can anybody tell me if either CNN or MSNBC ever retracted their story about the capital police officer dying from a blow to the head with a fire extinguisher by a Trump supporter that did not happen? Did they ever admit that for 4 years they got the Trump, Russia story wrong? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
DNC Network?
  • Tiny
  • 05-16-2021, 08:38 PM
DNC Network? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Democratic National Committee, sponsor of MSNBC and CNN. Kind of like OAN is the Trump network.
I wouldn't even say it's "many" people Hedonist. But some percentage, perhaps less than 5%, are indeed stupid enough to use Tucker's comments as validation that it's OK to get in some parent's face and tell her she's killing her child by telling him to wear a mask. His sarcasm is too sophisticated in this instance.

I knew you understood this.

And he's more than half serious, he really doesn't like kids wearing masks.

True because virtually all the "science" says kids don't need to be wearing masks.

Either that or he believes claiming kids are going to suffer adverse health effects from masks appeals to his audience. Originally Posted by Tiny

Or perhaps it is what he truly believes and has the evidence to back it up especially kids wearing masks outside doing athletics.
  • Tiny
  • 05-16-2021, 08:47 PM
There is plenty of factual News at Fox. Try Bret Baier at 6 P.M.There is plenty of factual news on the Tucker Carlson show. There also happens to be plenty of sarcasm and wit.[/SIZE] Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Baier and Chris Wallace are about as straight as you can get. Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham, Maddow, O'Donnell, Lemon and Cuomo are chiefly seeking to entertain. Lately, since the change in fortunes of Trump and the Republican Party, I find myself agreeing with the Fox crew a lot more often, at least when they're not talking about Trump.

Oh, I forgot Joy Reid on MSNBC. She drank the Kool Aid, she believes what she says and she doesn't think she's one-sided.
I wouldn't even say it's "many" people Hedonist. But some percentage, perhaps less than 5%, are indeed stupid enough to use Tucker's comments as validation that it's OK to get in some parent's face and tell her she's killing her child by telling him to wear a mask. His sarcasm is too sophisticated in this instance. And he's more than half serious, he really doesn't like kids wearing masks. Either that or he believes claiming kids are going to suffer adverse health effects from masks appeals to his audience. Originally Posted by Tiny

Now let's talk about the 100% of people at CNN and MSNBC who also know Tucker is being sarcastic but present it to their audience as him being serious.

I'm betting you got that quote from an article saying exactly that or at least implying that "this is what Tucker Carlson thinks". Am I right?

I hate to beat a dead horse BUT, you are wrong, I never misquoted the CDC. To misquote the CDC, I would have to have mentioned the CDC in my statement and as you can see I did not mention the CDC in my remark. If I had said the CDC said it was never necessary, then I would have misquoted the CDC. But sometimes you want to make something from nothing because you disagree with me. Please refrain from telling me I misquoted someone when I did not. I was clearly offering my own opinion.

Been thinking about that for a couple of days. I feel better now that I have cleared up your misunderstanding.

So you won't have to wear a mask outside in a crowd at Disney World. I wonder if you still will just to be sure? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
And which organization pushed the wearing of masks outdoors since around March 2020? You misquoted someone or some organization when you said:

"We now have the evidence that masks outside were never needed from the beginning."

That is an untrue statement based on statements made by the CDC. If you want to argue that I shouldn't have said you were quoting the CDC with your statement in red, fine, I was incorrect. But you most definitely misquoted someone.

Tomorrow night I will be at Globe Life Field for a baseball game with tens of thousands of other people. I believe that masks are requested to be worn but not required. Since I am fully vaccinated it is doubtful I will wear one. As I said, the only times I usually wear a mask is when required.

BTW,in the past I have agreed with you at times and disagreed with you at times, but I do consider you to be one of the more open-minded people on this forum.
CDC an Faccuii , 3/8/20 he said masks dont help on cbs , sooo ?hum who a gonna call
CDC an Faccuii , 3/8/20 he said masks dont help on cbs , sooo ?hum who a gonna call Originally Posted by rexdutchman
And then afterward he confessed he only said that because he didn't want people hoarding masks when medical professionals needed them. So he's openly admitted to manipulating the public.
CDC an Faccuii , 3/8/20 he said masks dont help on cbs , sooo ?hum who a gonna call Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Opinions change based on new information becoming available. There is still a lot to be learned about the coronavirus.
And which organization pushed the wearing of masks outdoors since around March 2020? You misquoted someone or some organization when you said:

"We now have the evidence that masks outside were never needed from the beginning."

I refer you to the NYT article I posted in #260. I respect your opinion and the way you debate, so I'll amend my comment and agree that "never needed" could be considered a misquote. I should have said "were rarely needed".

All the while, the scientific evidence points to a conclusion that is much simpler than the C.D.C.’s message: Masks make a huge difference indoors and rarely matter
outdoors.

That is an untrue statement based on statements made by the CDC.

I thought I made it clear I was not referring to or quoting the CDC

If you want to argue that I shouldn't have said you were quoting the CDC with your statement in red, fine, I was incorrect. But you most definitely misquoted someone.

Tomorrow night I will be at Globe Life Field for a baseball game with tens of thousands of other people. I believe that masks are requested to be worn but not required. Since I am fully vaccinated it is doubtful I will wear one. As I said, the only times I usually wear a mask is when required.

BTW,in the past I have agreed with you at times and disagreed with you at times, but I do consider you to be one of the more open-minded people on this forum. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Right back at you.