NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Blackbuddy... Point taken but I'll agree to disagree bout Big D.. be great for the city, great for the state and great for football history... and I do like the idea(a lot) but I just hate the cowboys.. what can I say? In Texas, outside of Houston, the Texans don't exist.. Its all cowboys and I hate that! I want them to be the OTHER team in Texas!!! And on that note, the boys-txns rival, I think lies more with the fans!(TXN fans really--like us-- most Boys fans hardly even consider it a rival) The actual team knows this, but they worry(ed) bout the Colts more than anyone else... Hence ultimate dream=win SB in INDY!! Know what I'm sayin? I get ur point... but what more would TXNS want??

.... When elite comes to my mind, I think of Champs. As a HUGE of a TXN fan that I am, I still won't consider them elite till they win a SB. Simply because playoffs is a different season all together... Remember GB was a wildcard last yr w/no home games(10-6).

... As for TXN losses this year IMHO those losses all came from lack of execution and inefficiency in the redzone(especially NO).

NO: too many FG's in the 1st half (very poor redzone execution) That F'ed up the whole game plan... Do what Manning would do, Get early lead so defense can blitz like hell and win T.O.P.

Oak: last play was busted and miscommunication resulted in redzone int (Jones cut back to corner as the ball left Schaub's fingertips---trust me fellas I record every game and watched this a dozen times).. Fault Schaub for loss but on that play I blame both! Schaub should have audibled as original play was to TE in highly congested area. Jacoby was also open on original corner route! Jacoby's fault for waitng too long to curl back to the corner.. I get what he was doing--as there was no one back there--but the ball was already in motion. But even as a Texans fan, I'll say it.."Nice Raider win after the loss of the great Al Davis."

BAL:: this is a BIG ONE!! (may meet these guys in PLAYOFFS)... let me go to tape...hehehe

BAL: score 0-7 BAL Q2 7:45min, ball on rav's 21ydln, txn go for it on 4th-n-1... "gotdamn refs!" miss facemask penalty (Foster),,would have put them 1st and goal on BAL 5yd line to tie) -7pts..
...this followed by Flaco fumble on own 17ydl (good D) and TXNs score by way of Hustle and Flow (Hustle's fumble recovered in endzone for TD) Q2 4:48min
7-7
...Q2 1:50min, BAL 43yd FG score now
7-10...
...Q2 0:40 min, TXNS go 3 and out (Foster drops pass on 3n12--- had lots of daylight and "HE, COULD, HAVE, GONE, ALL, THE, WAY"-but didn't (Flow looks pissed)
....Q2 0:23 min, #24"JJ" Int!!!!--Good D!
....Q2 0:03 Schaub launches 50yrd hail mary..nope-(Best bud's shakin head on sideline hinding under gatorade towel)
Halftime 7-10 BAL (would be 21-10 TXNS if ref called blatant facemask and Flow caught pass)-not Flow's day so far.
....Q3 11:46 Bal 48yrd FG after Ray Rice attack-"thinkin bout gettin my RUCK FICE T-Shirt"
7-13 BAL
....Q3 8:37 TXN on BAL 32ydl Schaub rolls out and launches one frm 41yrd out TD Jacoby!! Jacoby says, "did u read that Reed??" 2X followed by his funcky dance... --(best bud looks jealous on sideline still hiding under gatorade towel)...
14-13 TXNS
....Q3 3:30 BAL FG after massive/quick pass attack from Flaco followed by good redzone D by Txns...-I think they found a weakness in our deep coverage...
14-16 BAL
....Q3 1:36 TXNs go 3 and OUT after Jacoby drops short screen pass on 3rd-n-9 (he wouldn't have made 1st anyway, BAL read it all the way)--"WTF Kubes everyone knows that play!" -paused film as Kubes has guily look...hehehe
....Q4 14:44 BAL FG after another pass attack from Flaco... -They REALLY DID find a weakness in our deep coverage..
14-19 BAL
.....Q4 11:06 TXNS fail to convert on 3rd-n-9 after Flow has pass stripped by Pollard (would have gotten 1st on BAL 30ydl if he caught it)-REALLY NOT FLO'S DAY TODAY...
.....Q4 8:47 BAL punt after defense FINALLY holds up after ANOTHER Rice attack...-where is my RUCK FICE T-Shirt??
.....6:50 Texans punt from own 20 (after Schaubler, under heavy pressure, gets hit from behind and fumbles on 3rd-n-3-- he limps off the field Hobbler Schaubler style)
.....4:05 Ray Rice breaks one for 30yds ball now on TXN 2 yrd line.. "what the fuck ref Cushing was held!!"--looking at replay...hehehe---WHERE THE HELL IS MY RUCK FICE T-SHIRT??
....4:01 Ricky Williams runs for 2yrd TD--" I think I saw zig-zags drop from his jersey"..
14-26 BAL
(Shaub is hobbling all over the place).. think he rolled his ankle
....3:33 bad long bomb on 3rd-n-4.."Got-damnit Schaubler, Flow was open on the flats!, Why u thrown to Ed Reed??"
.....3:25 TXN's go for it on 4th-n-4 pass to Jacoby Jones @ 1st down marker ((controversial call)) originally rulled catch for 1st down,,, BAL challenged and it was rulled [FOOT STEPPED ON OTHER PLAYER AND DID NOT COME DOWN IN BOUNDS??] "WTF??? Got it recorded HD here eccie bud's, the fuckin zebras got it wrong!! Jacoby clearly tapped 2 feet... only question was foward progress... he was being pushed back as he caught it...If forward progress is measured at the catch (clear possession football as the announcers called it).. 1st down TXNs... If measured at the toe-taps, angles show he didn't get there... But the rulling was incomplete.... (COMPLETELY WRONG!!).. the game was pretty much out of reach before this, but the Ref's killed any hope of come back... Was a nail biter and could have resembled last year though Dre would have made the game better!

The rest of the game is a wash from here.....

Final Score: 14-29 BAL the score does not indicate how close this game was though. If a few more calls went our way and Foster/defense had a better game, it may have been a repeat of last yr's MNF match! Or better yet, a W.

My take:
ME: Find and wear RUCK FICE T-Shirt (don't let Casey see me)
TXNS Defense: fix what they saw on our pass D (I think its since been resolved), Don't blitz LB's when BAL line up in I formation! Better to maintain gap responsibility!
Get them off the field ASAP! They really ran the clock on u guys!
TXNS Offense: Flow: yes u had a bad game and thanks for taking the blame.. (shows leadership) Also, put more sticky stuff on hands and wear sharper cleats in BAL (if u go there again this year it will be cold. so keep extra sticky stuff on side line and designate a cleat-cleaner-upper so u won't slip anymore... my phone # is (713-***-****) and please don't tell Casey I will be wearing my RUCK FICE T-Shirt,, and no, I never jogged around Rice wearing it.
Schaubler: Don't throw to Ed Reed unless in man coverage and ur man has him beat like Jacoby's TD. He makes up ground quick, gets away with holds ,and disguises is coverage, so be careful doing this... Also, bring ankle brace, hobbling around the field is like blood in the water to the sharks at BAL.

Jacoby: good game! However, if you don't have to leap in the air on every catch, DON'T... and If Dre's hiding under Gatorade towel next game, after u score from a 30+yrd pass, go give him a hug! Especially if the game is close or we're loosing.

Ur Texans were very close to being 9-1 right now!!! But i'm tired of the excuses! These little things can cost you playoff W's, ask the RAIDERS(tuck rule). Or my favorite playoff QB choke Tony Homo. Best bet, learn from it, get over it, and Battle on!

So there is my expert advice...hehehe

Why does Kubiak always lick his fingers. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
Great question.

I think I'll start doing this more as well, seems to be working out well for Kubs.

Crystal, don't reflect so hard on the Baltimore game. We lost, it was a regular season game, no team is perfect...At least maybe Green Bay, who I felt were to go undefeated ever since they won that Atlanta game a few weeks ago. I think it still stands for them unless they rest their starters week 17.
Great question.

I think I'll start doing this more as well, seems to be working out well for Kubs.

Catalyst, don't reflect so hard on the Baltimore game. We lost, it was a regular season game, no team is perfect...At least maybe Green Bay, who I felt were to go undefeated ever since they won that Atlanta game a few weeks ago. I think it still stands for them unless they rest their starters week 17. Originally Posted by Don91
Ok movin on... However, the Baltimore game was the best team that we've seen so far as Pittsburgh was beat up. Reflecting on this, gives us foresight into playoff picture. That's why I chose to share it.

No Dre + Foster bad game + pass/run defensive breakdowns= trouble!

As for Pack, IDK but I'll pick them to loose @ NYG WK13 (goin for giants to keep cowgirls out of playoffs...hehehe) u believe in ELI?? te... Well, hell.. we will get a better idea of who the giants are going into that game as they'll be headlining nxt sun night vs eagles and the following mon night vs saints... not sure how good/bad they are yet as they lost to inferior opponents and beat superior ones...
  • Satin
  • 11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Cat man, damn dude, how long did it take you to relive and type all that up? We get your point, but like Don said, we gotta move on, can't do shit about the past.
In that case, every team in the NFL can make a case and say if only a few things happened differently, they would have X more wins. The NFL is a game of critical decisions and turnovers. Normally whoever makes the fewest turnovers and mistakes win over 90% of the time.

As far as the nickname, Hustle & Flow, I have mixed feelings about it. I heard the discussion on 610. (I can't stand Brad Davies)...I don't care what they are called. I just want the ball in their hands as much as possible. (40-50 rushes)...so Dopey don't have to throw but 15 passes or less.

Black buddy, you nailed it on your comments concerning Dopey. Could not have said it better. As many issues as he has, I would rather see him ANY day than Leinart. The only picture of Leinart I wanna see is him with a backwards cap on carrying a clipboard. That's it.

I still can't believe our defense went from # 30 to #1. I knew Bum's son was good, but not THAT good. Wow....

Right now, it seems the 2 biggest factors in us being where we are now is Peyton Manning and Wade Phillips. To both gentlemen I say " thank you "....
  • Satin
  • 11-14-2011, 02:45 PM
News alert text: MRI reveals Dopey has a "significant foot injury" and is out indefinately. Leinart will start Nov 27 at Jacksonville....
Well we're screwed now!
LOL Gator. You could be right although think of What Dopey did this weekend. I kinda think Lienert could have underthrown that ball to Jacoby just as poorly as Dopey did for the TD, he could have completed that pass to Foster, fuck I could have completed that little dunk. If Kubs runs the same grind it out gameplan, we might, and I do say "might" be ok. It will be interesting to see if Leinert is really as bad as we all think or if he is up to snuff and is Dopey caliber. He is not replacing a legend he is replacing "Dopey". Makes the playoff train more interesting for sure!! Go Texans, go Dopey #2!!!
Why does Kubs lick his fingers? Well PRSandra has a incall close by!! He and Wade look way to relaxed on the sidelines so I picture Kubs and Wade tag teaming her prior to the Sunday home games. Thus the finger licking by Kubs. Just sayin!!
Looking at the Schaub injury from a coaching angle.

I would do everything possible to shut down the run and make Matt2 beat me.
ESPN is now saying dopey is out for the season. Thoughts?
Everyone who wanted Schaub gone has got their wish. Let's see what happens.

This offense does not need a great QB to make plays, just one who will make the throw the play calls for. We have gone run heavy, only 15 passes last game. With Andre back it will help a lot. The Texans have 2 weeks to get Matt ready and Jacksonville is a perfect first game as they are terrible. Against that team we can do a Tebow and throw 10 times or less and still win. This will help get Matt going. Honestly the only team we cannot beat without good QB play is Atlanta, the rest are pretty terrible. We might not do much in the playoffs but we will get there.
ESPN is now saying dopey is out for the season. Thoughts? Originally Posted by Rubchasertx
Thoughts??? Still in shock!! Can't think yet.... Kubes is not confirming or denying its for Season.. but ESPN has excellent sources and I don't doubt them... They are calling it a lisfrank injury I follow several players on twitter and will be tuning in there... Here is the ESPN News Break .. Foster tweeted his MRI pic, claimed to have snatched a MRI pic of Dre's injury (chose not to tweet it), but maybe he'll tweet one of Schaubler's..

..Well I wasn't ever a Schaub doubter as passing has been the only consistent thing goin for the TXNS over the recent yrs..
Leinart doubters?? Sign me up... SB hopes?? no more!! playoffs??? maybe WC game... I'm crushed!
Lookin foward to nxt year....
To ease the pain, the #7 rated best player of '10-11 season, Dre will be back I hope he doesn't finergan Leinart for not living up to his best bud's expectaions... Dre has been vocal with his teammates and really wants it this year
The USC Tweet from Cushing:
It has been a loooooooooooong day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better!
  • Satin
  • 11-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Owen Daniels, Mario Williams, Daniel Manning, Andre Johnson....& now Dopey.... Don't worry BT, we'll be ok. After I had chance to think about it, it's not like we lost a Peyton Manning.

I think Daddio's post #277 was right on and put it in perspective. USC Trojans baby...

Note to Leinart: don't try to be a hero. Be a good boy &
1. Hand the ball to Foster
2. Hand the ball to Tate
3. Throw short check-down passes and screens

...but whatever you do, don't throw pick-sixes, fumble or take unnecessary sacks...& eveything will be just fine.....