Ukraine invasion ?

Quite a few opinions about T Rump.

As the deadly Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to escalate, it's important to remember how we got here. Russia's interference in the 2016 election played a part in giving us Donald Trump's presidency, which ultimately weakened the U.S.’s position on a global scale. Considering Trump's actions in office, his recent claim that "there would be no NATO if I didn't act strongly and swiftly" is ridiculous.

NATO is arguably the strongest it has ever been, and its strength and unity have been on full display in the wake of the deadly invasion of Ukraine, but it's Joe Biden — not Trump — who should get credit for the strength of the alliance. The president has spent the last year trying to heal rifts in our relationships with other countries in the alliance and clean up the dangerous mess wrought by Trump.

And while it's unclear what NATO's next steps will be as it tries to avoid a direct war with Russia, its purpose is clear as it stands with Ukraine in solidarity against Vladimir Putin's threats and deadly attacks on innocent civilians.

Biden mentioned the importance and resiliency of the alliance in his State of the Union address. Everyone who watched needs to understand how central the alliance's role is to counter Russia and the ripple effects this will have on people in the U.S. — like the increase in gas and food prices during an already high inflation period. His messaging was a far cry from that of the former president, who discussed pulling out of NATO with his national security officials because he didn't see the point of it. (Trump administration officials have described how they had to try to persuade him not to withdraw countless times.)

While the 2016 election seems ages ago, people in the U.S. shouldn’t forget Russia's influence and interference in that election and their consequences on the future of our diplomacy. The election of Trump played into Putin's overall strategy. He knew that a Trump presidency would be crucial to moving his own despotic agenda forward if Trump was successful in weakening NATO — the alliance that has for so long deterred Russian aggression.

And how would Putin know that? Well, on the 2016 campaign trail, Trump expressed interest in withdrawing from NATO, previewing what his administration would be like if he was elected.

With Trump's election came few consequences for Russia's interference, and instead, Trump sought to cultivate a cozy relationship with Putin and other Kremlin officials.

From when Trump entered office in 2017 to 2019, he had at least 16 private conversations with Putin. While these meetings alone are controversial, it's how he tried to shield the public from knowing what was discussed that's even more concerning. According to a 2019 Washington Post report, Trump went as far as to seize notes from his own interpreter after a 2017 meeting with Putin.

One thing is certain: It appeared that the U.S. was propping up Russia, and that in and of itself was a threat to U.S. interests overseas, because Trump was seen as cozying up to a dangerous dictator.

Trump prioritized forming and strengthening a U.S. relationship with Putin while abusing our foreign allies, which ultimately caused serious rifts in the decadeslong relationships with NATO that needed significant repair when he left office. And even out of office, he continues to indulge the Russian leader. Days before Trump tried to take credit for NATO's strength, he called Putin's invasion of Ukraine "genius" and "savvy."

In Trump's statement patting himself on the back about NATO, he also said "it was me that got Ukraine the very effective antitank busters (Javelins) when the previous administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!"

Well, let history also note that Trump's first impeachment was because he pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to investigate then-presidential candidate Biden and his son Hunter in 2019. As leverage, Trump placed a hold on significant congressional financial aid to Ukraine, which Congress had already approved. Undoubtedly, as the news of Trump's attempt to strong-arm Zelenskyy became public, it only continued to play directly into Russia's hands.

Opinion piece Ashley Oates
Originally Posted by VitaMan
You really need to get past your jealousy for President Trump.
I didn't write that opinion LL
...Russia's interference in the 2016 election played a part in giving us Donald Trump's presidency...Opinion piece Ashley Oates Originally Posted by VitaMan
You are blinded by your Stage 6 TDS, which is typically a postmortem condition - clinically speaking. Do you even realize that you are programed, aka conditioned, to react thusly every time you hear the words Trump or Russia to elicit the same response? Muh Russian-Russia-Russia. It is a classic Pavlovian response.

Try to reprogram yourself with these simple trip phrases:
Mueller
2+ years
$40M tax dollars
No Russian Collusion
Hillary is Nacho President
Perhaps these reference materials can help deprogram you:
Pavlov's Dog: Pavlov's Theory of Classical Conditioning

The cure for Blindness was discussed in Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool

The clear cure for Stage 6 TDS was discussed in Sylvester Stallone's Bullet to the Head

Failing that, try music therapy:
Guessing your Ashley Oates sings a mean Muh Russia-Russia-Russia for you at night.
It's kinda like Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral is to an Irishman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9B49epS_M

Now you can cry yourself to sleep properly
I didn't write that opinion LL Originally Posted by VitaMan
You think you needed to tell us that?
You seem to think so, per your first of two posts

You still can't get over being pointed out that your location is perfect for a hooker, and your handle is too.
Tried this search string in my search engine of choice: miles long convoy
The first dozen hits where about the Russian tank convoy. Next to last in the list on the first page was one mention of the People's Convoy in the US before 1/2 dozen more Russian convey ones.
I think the search algorithm is affected also by your search history. So if that’s the kind of stuff you look for, that’s what you will see.

Isn’t the Freedom convoy DOA?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...CZj?li=BBnbfcL

Trump came up with a great plan for ending the conflict. Come up with a deal. Great plan. What kind of deal? Capitulation to Putin and give him and Russia part of Ukraine? Or is there some other option? So reminiscent of his time as president “I have a plan, but I can’t tell you what it is, but it’s great, trust me!!!”

Why didn’t he just say “Russia has to withdraw all their forces, no deals, no occupation, they just have to leave.” That’s what someone not hanging from Putin’s nut would say. Instead we get this -

After Trump said that “something could be done with [Russia] right now,” Bartiromo asked him “what’s the solution.”

"Well, you have to work out a deal. They have to stop killing these people,” Trump answered. They’re killing all of these people, and they have to stop it, and they have to stop it now," Trump replied.
I think the search algorithm is affected also by your search history... Originally Posted by 1blackman1

I use the Sgt Shultz search engine. Here is the EULA for it.

As the deadly Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to escalate, it's important to remember how we got here. Russia's interference in the 2016 election played a part in giving us Donald Trump's presidency, which ultimately weakened the U.S.’s position on a global scale. Considering Trump's actions in office, his recent claim that "there would be no NATO if I didn't act strongly and swiftly" is ridiculous.

NATO is arguably the strongest it has ever been, and its strength and unity have been on full display in the wake of the deadly invasion of Ukraine, but it's Joe Biden — not Trump — who should get credit for the strength of the alliance. The president has spent the last year trying to heal rifts in our relationships with other countries in the alliance and clean up the dangerous mess wrought by Trump.

And while it's unclear what NATO's next steps will be as it tries to avoid a direct war with Russia, its purpose is clear as it stands with Ukraine in solidarity against Vladimir Putin's threats and deadly attacks on innocent civilians.

Biden mentioned the importance and resiliency of the alliance in his State of the Union address. Everyone who watched needs to understand how central the alliance's role is to counter Russia and the ripple effects this will have on people in the U.S. — like the increase in gas and food prices during an already high inflation period. His messaging was a far cry from that of the former president, who discussed pulling out of NATO with his national security officials because he didn't see the point of it. (Trump administration officials have described how they had to try to persuade him not to withdraw countless times.)

While the 2016 election seems ages ago, people in the U.S. shouldn’t forget Russia's influence and interference in that election and their consequences on the future of our diplomacy. The election of Trump played into Putin's overall strategy. He knew that a Trump presidency would be crucial to moving his own despotic agenda forward if Trump was successful in weakening NATO — the alliance that has for so long deterred Russian aggression.

And how would Putin know that? Well, on the 2016 campaign trail, Trump expressed interest in withdrawing from NATO, previewing what his administration would be like if he was elected.

With Trump's election came few consequences for Russia's interference, and instead, Trump sought to cultivate a cozy relationship with Putin and other Kremlin officials.

From when Trump entered office in 2017 to 2019, he had at least 16 private conversations with Putin. While these meetings alone are controversial, it's how he tried to shield the public from knowing what was discussed that's even more concerning. According to a 2019 Washington Post report, Trump went as far as to seize notes from his own interpreter after a 2017 meeting with Putin.

One thing is certain: It appeared that the U.S. was propping up Russia, and that in and of itself was a threat to U.S. interests overseas, because Trump was seen as cozying up to a dangerous dictator.

Trump prioritized forming and strengthening a U.S. relationship with Putin while abusing our foreign allies, which ultimately caused serious rifts in the decadeslong relationships with NATO that needed significant repair when he left office. And even out of office, he continues to indulge the Russian leader. Days before Trump tried to take credit for NATO's strength, he called Putin's invasion of Ukraine "genius" and "savvy."

In Trump's statement patting himself on the back about NATO, he also said "it was me that got Ukraine the very effective antitank busters (Javelins) when the previous administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!"

Well, let history also note that Trump's first impeachment was because he pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to investigate then-presidential candidate Biden and his son Hunter in 2019. As leverage, Trump placed a hold on significant congressional financial aid to Ukraine, which Congress had already approved. Undoubtedly, as the news of Trump's attempt to strong-arm Zelenskyy became public, it only continued to play directly into Russia's hands.

Opinion piece Ashley Oates Originally Posted by VitaMan
Good Lord, still Russia, Russia, Russia……..

Didn’t who ever the fuck Ashley Oaks is know that entire sordid affai was a 100 percent bogus witch hunt cooked up bIllary Clinton’s minions with the blessing of the Main Stream Media,?

Opinion piece Ashley Oates Originally Posted by VitaMan

NATO leaders have recently praised Trump for taking them to task about being slackers about contributing to their own defense and simply relying on the US.

'Trump is having an impact': NATO head credits president's tough talk for $100B boost

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/2695799002/

now about that Ukraine thing ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnIPw_Who7E

is Ashley Oates smart enough to know Obama and Biden threatened to withhold 1 Billion dollars from Ukraine unless they fired their top prosecutor?

do you?
Why didn’t he just say “Russia has to withdraw all their forces, no deals, no occupation, they just have to leave.” That’s what someone not hanging from Putin’s nut would say.
Or what? What happens if they say ‘go fuck yourself, we’re staying’? Send in the Marines and watch a few billion people die when the clearly unstable Putin starts lobbing nukes all over North America?

Fuck em, let Russia and Ukraine solve their own problems. They’re both shitholes anyways.

Trump prioritized forming and strengthening a U.S. relationship with Putin while abusing our foreign allies, which ultimately caused serious rifts in the decadeslong relationships with NATO that needed significant repair when he left office.
This is stupid AF, some bullshit some guy on Twitter said that has no basis in reality. Trump pressured nato members to contribute their fair share to defend their own countries rather relying on the US taxpayers to do it. Some actually did it. Bolstering relationships with Russia is nothing but good, considering the alternative, which is now coming to fruition under the geriatric moron, is a Russia/China alliance that is considerably more powerful than the US. And don’t give me this ‘But Putin is evil’ bullshit either, we’ve had and do have alliances with governments that are 100x worse than Putin ever dreamed of.

Try to reprogram yourself with these simple trip phrases:
Mueller
2+ years
$40M tax dollars
No Russian Collusion
Hillary is Nacho President

... Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Yes, the Mueller investigation took awhile and cost some bucks, it did have conclusions.

Putin did order interference in 2016 U.S. election.
Manafort actively interacted with Russian intelligence for political gain.
Had Stone use Wikileaks for same.
Steele dossier having undue influence on FBI (I love bring up that document since it was started by the repubs.)
Redacted potential criminal activities.

So, berate it as you will, it did shine the light on some things. Don't even mention $$$ since both sides of the line waste it on frivolous (sp) stuff (they find any more votes in that hole they keep shuffling money?)

BTW, what is it Bing has stuffed in that pipe?
I didn't write that opinion LL Originally Posted by VitaMan

But were you jerking off to it is what we want to know! I kid, I kid.

It's always been my opinion and few ( if any ) people post more articles written by other people than I do, if you post an article, it is a reflection of what you think unless what you post you are criticizing. Why else would you post that article if you didn't believe it?

There are so many factual errors and mis-characterizations it's hard to pick out just one or two but I continue to see you and the writer you picked, only telling half truths like you are want to do. It's always "Trump withheld funds from Ukraine"

Trump placed a hold on significant congressional financial aid to Ukraine, which Congress had already approved

But never also say, it was in his authority to do so which I provided in another thread, and that they were released in the time allotted by Congress and by law. Why leave that part out he said "Rhetorically".

And this bullshit.

NATO is arguably the strongest it has ever been, and its strength and unity have been on full display in the wake of the deadly invasion of Ukraine, but it's Joe Biden — not Trump — who should get credit for the strength of the alliance.

It was the invasion itself, not Joe Biden that made NATO come together. Without this invasion by Russia, our NATO allies would still be fuming about the incompetent withdrawal from Afghanistan by Biden, who didn't adequately consult said allies and completely ignored the advice of his top military leaders which he then lied about not receiving, "they never told me not to do what I did". And the President of France, wondering out loud if it was time for Europe to stop depending on America to lead NATO and the entire British Parliament standing to condemn Biden's actions in Afghanistan.

like the increase in gas and food prices during an already high inflation period

And whose fucking fault is that beyond Russia's obvious fault? Could it be a President that said he would crush the oil and gas industry in America, taking us from an energy independent country to a beggar asking OPEC and Russia to pump more oil? And here we are putting sanctions on Russia to try and stop them while at the same time still buying Russian oil and gas from any where else we can get it because we now not only don't produce enough for our own needs, we could be helping the Europeans ( and ourselves with the money we would make ) get off dependence on Russia for half their energy needs.

I could rip apart every single line in the article, proving it to be either false, misleading or a down right lie but I'm getting tired of pointing out the very same thing to you, over and over, again and again