George Zimmerman Arrested -- Finally!!

So because of this, he should've let himself be killed?
I've got a full blooded Mexican wife whose maiden name was Phillips... so what's so strange? Talk about stereo typing!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by nuglet
Zimmerman is part Hispanic, not part Latino. I believe his mother is either of Portuguese or Spanish decent.
As if you know the difference..
As if you know the difference.. Originally Posted by nuglet
Are you attempting to say that I don't know the difference between Europe and Latin America Nuggie? Sheesh, I hope you think more of me than that.

Getting out of your car isnt against the law. Originally Posted by Dr. Pecker
No it is not.... If Zimmerman had stayed in his car and let the police do their job he would not be in this situation now would he.

Doesn't take a lot of brain power to put that together.
So because of this, he should've let himself be killed? Originally Posted by Dr. Pecker
No one ever said anything like that either. Where do you come up with these suppositions?
F-Sharp all of your posts show ignorance. For the majority, most Latin's prefer to be referred as Latino's not Hispanic. Hispanic is a government label that came about in the 70's.

You are good at being wrong about EVERYTHING.

http://www.soaw.org/index.php?option...article&id=830

Zimmerman is part Hispanic, not part Latino. I believe his mother is either of Portuguese or Spanish decent. Originally Posted by F-Sharp
Zimmerman is part Hispanic, not part Latino. I believe his mother is either of Portuguese or Spanish decent. Originally Posted by F-Sharp
Holy crap. You're even more uninformed than I thought.
F-Sharp all of your posts show ignorance. For the majority, most Latin's prefer to be referred as Latino's not Hispanic. Hispanic is a government label that came about in the 70's.

You are good at being wrong about EVERYTHING.

http://www.soaw.org/index.php?option...article&id=830 Originally Posted by dante0322
Oh, stop posting your idiotic blogs. Do you listen to yourself?

The 70's huh? Try 218 years before Christ dumbass. The term "Hispanic" is derived from the term "Hispania"...the name the Romans gave to the Iberian Peninsula, as in "Spain" and Portugal, and refers to those of European decent. "Latino" is derived from people of Latin American decent, so of course it would make perfect sense that people from Latin America want to be called Latinos. This is regardless of United States Census Bureau's laziness in wanting to classify everyone in the fucking world who speaks spanish as being of the same race. If you don't think there's a difference, I double-dog dare you to call anyone from Spain or Portugal a "Latino", and see how long it takes for them to kick you in the balls. Better yet, I'll give you the number for my Portuguese college history instructor who was sure we all knew the difference. He'd most likely cut your balls clean off for the insult.

And before you even say it, yes Zimmerman's mother is apparently from Peru, but it you look just about anywhere Zimmerman has always stated "hispanic". Given that 31% of Peru's population is made up of Europeans of mostly Spanish and Portuguese decent, I have little doubt he is not one of these. If he was of Mestizo or Indian heritage, there is no way he'd be calling himself or his mother "hispanic".

Run along now you two, and come back when you have something useful to contribute to this discussion.
Hispanic-an ancient adjective and noun-was mainstreamed as a political label in the United States in the early 1970's. The purpose for the introduction of such an ancient adjective by the Nixon administration was ostensibly to create a political label solely for the purpose of applying the constitutional anti-discrimination standard of “strict scrutiny” to anyone who was labeled Hispanic. The label had the immediate effect of linking the entire population of the 19 nations that comprise Latin America, as well as, distinguishing the "Hispanic" colonial heritage of Latin American Countries from the "Anglo Saxon" colonial heritage of the United States.

Get your money back from your education - looks like you wasted it.

FYI - you could not cut my balls off even if I had 2 hands tied behind my back.

And why are you thinking of BALLS? Hmmmm - I think i'm starting to understand now.

Oh, stop posting your idiotic blogs. Do you listen to yourself?

The 70's huh? Try 218 years before Christ dumbass. The term "Hispanic" is derived from the term "Hispania"...the name the Romans gave to the Iberian Peninsula, as in "Spain" and Portugal, and refers to those of European decent. "Latino" is derived from people of Latin American decent, so of course it would make perfect sense that people from Latin America want to be called Latinos. This is regardless of United States Census Bureau's laziness in wanting to classify everyone in the fucking world who speaks spanish as being of the same race. If you don't think there's a difference, I double-dog dare you to call anyone from Spain or Portugal a "Latino", and see how long it takes for them to kick you in the balls. Better yet, I'll give you the number for my Portuguese college history instructor who was sure we all knew the difference. He'd most likely cut your balls clean off for the insult.

And before you even say it, yes Zimmerman's mother is apparently from Peru, but it you look just about anywhere Zimmerman has always stated "hispanic". Given that 31% of Peru's population is made up of Europeans of mostly Spanish and Portuguese decent, I have little doubt he is not one of these. If he was of Mestizo or Indian heritage, there is no way he'd be calling himself or his mother "hispanic".

Run along now you two, and come back when you have something useful to contribute to this discussion. Originally Posted by F-Sharp
Hispanic-an ancient adjective and noun-was mainstreamed as a political label in the United States in the early 1970's. The purpose for the introduction of such an ancient adjective by the Nixon administration was ostensibly to create a political label solely for the purpose of applying the constitutional anti-discrimination standard of “strict scrutiny” to anyone who was labeled Hispanic. The label had the immediate effect of linking the entire population of the 19 nations that comprise Latin America, as well as, distinguishing the "Hispanic" colonial heritage of Latin American Countries from the "Anglo Saxon" colonial heritage of the United States.

Get your money back from your education - looks like you wasted it. Originally Posted by dante0322
I'll take my education over "Urban Dictionary" anyday...but nice try.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hispanic
Your time is better spent with urban dictionary compared to the diploma you received that is only good for wiping your ass.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hispanic Originally Posted by F-Sharp
F-Sharp must have gotten his degree from a cracker jack box.

http://www.thehartfordguardian.com/2...term-hispanic/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hispanic Originally Posted by F-Sharp