Assholes's Speech

Automation, computers and online retail are all huge factors. And because of this trajectory, job growth will continue to be a challenge. Trump claims he can miraculously change this trajectory and he sold this bravado to his supporters.
I honestly just don't see it happening. But since Trump promised this and was elected based on his promises, he had better prove me wrong. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
MFG has been shrinking for 100 years (1910 MFG was 32% of non farm employment, today it is less than 9%). Automation had a huge effect on farming, as it has had on MFG. Trade (especially China's joining the WTO) certainly had a significant effect on the MFG jobs not being lost to automation, but hey, US consumers make out because they can buy cheap shit from China and other lower cost countries. Comparative advantage.

Interesting article about labor environment 100 years ago, with comparison of demographics and other socioeconomic differences to today here: https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2016/ar...rs-in-1915.htm
A classic example of "butt-hurt" is a person so hurt by being decimated in the sandbox,they troll your thread outside the sandbox with nonsensical attempted insults.

Oh, its nice to know I am so deep under veedub's skin. Knowing that and then seeing that post just made my day!

Hey remember the time Austin Ellen tried to throw how Trump was donating his salary to charities. Well the swamp is just deeper. Now it's reported that Trump changed his "blind" trust so that he can pull money from his businesses whenever he wants. So yeah donating $400,000 sounds great but when you can do things to make money with your position and you can now take that money out whenever, how is he doing anything? And this happened in February, he waited a whole month into to change it. Oh and he doesn't have to disclose it. Oh and his son can also seem when it's appropriate. Yeah that's normal. I mean about as normal as hiring your daughter and giving her security clearance when she's unqualified. I mean if say Marco Rubio was president, would Ivanka have a chance with her resume to get the job she has? Nope.
Just to let you know- Ivanka is not taking a salary.
Also, I seem to remember Hillary taking a White House job when Bill was in office. It was in the West Wing - something about health care. Did she take a salary?
Milly - do you really think President Trump and his family are doing something nefarious to our country?

Hey remember the time Austin Ellen tried to throw how Trump was donating his salary to charities. Well the swamp is just deeper. Now it's reported that Trump changed his "blind" trust so that he can pull money from his businesses whenever he wants. So yeah donating $400,000 sounds great but when you can do things to make money with your position and you can now take that money out whenever, how is he doing anything? And this happened in February, he waited a whole month into to change it. Oh and he doesn't have to disclose it. Oh and his son can also seem when it's appropriate. Yeah that's normal. I mean about as normal as hiring your daughter and giving her security clearance when she's unqualified. I mean if say Marco Rubio was president, would Ivanka have a chance with her resume to get the job she has? Nope. Originally Posted by Milly23
Just to let you know- Ivanka is not taking a salary.
Also, I seem to remember Hillary taking a White House job when Bill was in office. It was in the West Wing - something about health care. Did she take a salary?
Milly - do you really think President Trump and his family are doing something nefarious to our country? Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Lol nice one. You didn't have anything to say about Trump changing his trust. Yeah it's a hard one to defend. As for Ivanka, yes Clinton had an office but as I pointed out she didn't have security clearance. Never said she was taking a salary. Security clearance. That's the sticking point. She's getting to see classified information that she has no true valuable information to contribute to.

I think they are lying left and right. She said she was not going to take a job with her dad and did. I think they are profiting like nothing before from being in the White House. And I think that people who support him are bending over backwards with hypocrisy when he does something they would crucify others over. I also think that the lack of experience he continuous to surround himself with is dangerous to how the country will be led.
Well, I do agree with you on some of his staff. Some of them are indeed not experienced and it shows. And yes, it could be dangerous.

I disagree on the Trumps making a profit in the White House. They were already making profits and of course, they are already super rich too - so why? They could just relax at home - she has a new 1 year old baby plus 2 other children, ect - yet they want to make a profit - this way? It doesn't make sense to me.

Lol nice one. You didn't have anything to say about Trump changing his trust. Yeah it's a hard one to defend. As for Ivanka, yes Clinton had an office but as I pointed out she didn't have security clearance. Never said she was taking a salary. Security clearance. That's the sticking point. She's getting to see classified information that she has no true valuable information to contribute to.

I think they are lying left and right. She said she was not going to take a job with her dad and did. I think they are profiting like nothing before from being in the White House. And I think that people who support him are bending over backwards with hypocrisy when he does something they would crucify others over. I also think that the lack of experience he continuous to surround himself with is dangerous to how the country will be led. Originally Posted by Milly23
Well, I do agree with you on some of his staff. Some of them are indeed not experienced and it shows. And yes, it could be dangerous.

I disagree on the Trumps making a profit in the White House. They were already making profits and of course, they are already super rich too - so why? They could just relax at home - she has a new 1 year old baby plus 2 other children, ect - yet they want to make a profit - this way? It doesn't make sense to me. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen

Wait you don't think they are making more money now than they would if they weren't in the White House? Like more people staying at their DC hotel in hopes of it carrying favor which has been reported. Or how about Trump getting a trademark in China after it being denied for a decade? Because that happened and that will lead to more profit. It's crazy, you say Trump is this great businessman and yet you don't think he's trying to get as much money as possible from his position. That's the opposite. They are rich but money is still a driving force for them. Why are we acting like it's not? This way of making a profit doesn't make sense to you? Have you seen how rich people who run governments in other countries are? It's a very lucrative position. You can say tweet about a stock you don't own and sink it. Maybe buy it at a lower price and then restore confidence with a presser saying you working to get a deal done with them. Has he done this no. But he could do that and we wouldn't know. To pretend this isn't a huge profit boost to their family is crazy.
It may be a driving force for them - it is for me- haha- but no, Milly- they didn't go into the White House for the money/profit.
I don't see a problem with his hotel - I wish I had it!
And why are you calling my opinion crazy - I didn't call your opinion crazy. See I think this is why there is such a wide rift in this country on politics - no respect for other people's opinion - AT ALL. Now I'm trying to be respectful - but it's hard, so very hard.

Wait you don't think they are making more money now than they would if they weren't in the White House? Like more people staying at their DC hotel in hopes of it carrying favor which has been reported. Or how about Trump getting a trademark in China after it being denied for a decade? Because that happened and that will lead to more profit. It's crazy, you say Trump is this great businessman and yet you don't think he's trying to get as much money as possible from his position. That's the opposite. They are rich but money is still a driving force for them. Why are we acting like it's not? This way of making a profit doesn't make sense to you? Have you seen how rich people who run governments in other countries are? It's a very lucrative position. You can say tweet about a stock you don't own and sink it. Maybe buy it at a lower price and then restore confidence with a presser saying you working to get a deal done with them. Has he done this no. But he could do that and we wouldn't know. To pretend this isn't a huge profit boost to their family is crazy. Originally Posted by Milly23
It may be a driving force for them - it is for me- haha- but no, Milly- they didn't go into the White House for the money/profit.
I don't see a problem with his hotel - I wish I had it!
And why are you calling my opinion crazy - I didn't call your opinion crazy. See I think this is why there is such a wide rift in this country on politics - no respect for other people's opinion - AT ALL. Now I'm trying to be respectful - but it's hard, so very hard. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen

Wait you're telling me a guy who has a penthouse of gold may have money as a driving force? So you know that for a fact that they didn't go for that? Because I don't. If they went to serve the country, I haven't seen that yet. You don't see a problem wth the hotel because your biased toward Trump. And yeah you could want it but you're aren't president. And back to your they didn't get into it for money. A person who as you are saying they are who wants to 1) serve the country and 2) not care about money. That person would sell off these assets and have someone manage their trust. But he cares about money and the company. And the issue is we don't know which one he cares more about, the company or the country. As for why the hotel is an issue, the property isn't owned by Trump, it's owned by the US government. The government decides what the rent will be that they pay. And guess who appoints the head of the department that decides the rent? Trump. Do you not see a conflict there? Please tell me you can see that.

I didn't call your opinion crazy. I said pretending that they aren't getting a huge boost in profits is crazy. Are you pretending? Also there's many reasons there is a rift in the country. You can say not respecting viewpoints. How about I see a rift because people electrd a man who people of my race see as overwhelmingly against our race. And then people defend him with oh the race card or no he didn't mean all the racist things he's done or said. That was in past. Or no he was talking about grabbing women by the pussy. He didn't say he had done that. Yeah the rift is from many things. I try to be respectful too but it's hard when people refuse to believe the truth because it goes against the narrative they've built in their heads. Or people just prove they are hypocrites and defend him. Like say oh Obama golfed too much. Like the 14 times Trump has already golfed? If you are going to be critical of something as small as golfing, you have to be critical both ways. But his supporters aren't. Or on political fronts, the right called Obama the deporter in chief when they were trying to get that voting bloc. And now it's well he's deporting people to protect jobs and the country. It's good to deport people now. It's hypocritical stuff like that that's widening the rift.
Question - do you think that "hypocritical stuff" started with Trump or his supporters? And I was trying to make a joke about the Trump hotel but I guess it fell flat. I mean - yea, I know I'm not President..Lol

Wait you're telling me a guy who has a penthouse of gold may have money as a driving force? So you know that for a fact that they didn't go for that? Because I don't. If they went to serve the country, I haven't seen that yet. You don't see a problem wth the hotel because your biased toward Trump. And yeah you could want it but you're aren't president. And back to your they didn't get into it for money. A person who as you are saying they are who wants to 1) serve the country and 2) not care about money. That person would sell off these assets and have someone manage their trust. But he cares about money and the company. And the issue is we don't know which one he cares more about, the company or the country. As for why the hotel is an issue, the property isn't owned by Trump, it's owned by the US government. The government decides what the rent will be that they pay. And guess who appoints the head of the department that decides the rent? Trump. Do you not see a conflict there? Please tell me you can see that.

I didn't call your opinion crazy. I said pretending that they aren't getting a huge boost in profits is crazy. Are you pretending? Also there's many reasons there is a rift in the country. You can say not respecting viewpoints. How about I see a rift because people electrd a man who people of my race see as overwhelmingly against our race. And then people defend him with oh the race card or no he didn't mean all the racist things he's done or said. That was in past. Or no he was talking about grabbing women by the pussy. He didn't say he had done that. Yeah the rift is from many things. I try to be respectful too but it's hard when people refuse to believe the truth because it goes against the narrative they've built in their heads. Or people just prove they are hypocrites and defend him. Like say oh Obama golfed too much. Like the 14 times Trump has already golfed? If you are going to be critical of something as small as golfing, you have to be critical both ways. But his supporters aren't. Or on political fronts, the right called Obama the deporter in chief when they were trying to get that voting bloc. And now it's well he's deporting people to protect jobs and the country. It's good to deport people now. It's hypocritical stuff like that that's widening the rift. Originally Posted by Milly23
And I just want to add - that I'd rather be grabbed by the pussy than governed by one - remember Hillary???

I didn't call your opinion crazy. I said pretending that they aren't getting a huge boost in profits is crazy. Are you pretending? Also there's many reasons there is a rift in the country. You can say not respecting viewpoints. How about I see a rift because people electrd a man who people of my race see as overwhelmingly against our race. And then people defend him with oh the race card or no he didn't mean all the racist things he's done or said. That was in past. Or no he was talking about grabbing women by the pussy. He didn't say he had done that. Yeah the rift is from many things. I try to be respectful too but it's hard when people refuse to believe the truth because it goes against the narrative they've built in their heads. Or people just prove they are hypocrites and defend him. Like say oh Obama golfed too much. Like the 14 times Trump has already golfed? If you are going to be critical of something as small as golfing, you have to be critical both ways. But his supporters aren't. Or on political fronts, the right called Obama the deporter in chief when they were trying to get that voting bloc. And now it's well he's deporting people to protect jobs and the country. It's good to deport people now. It's hypocritical stuff like that that's widening the rift. Originally Posted by Milly23
Ellen it's good to see that you are still parroting false news and facts . Now on everything I post on you seem to have something to say. Why? I don't read what you post unless someone has copied it. Basically your getting a bit stalker like. So if that's how you want to be viewed as, then by all means continue to post like you are.

Anyways carry on with the political fact proving against alternative falsehoods debates.
Question - do you think that "hypocritical stuff" started with Trump or his supporters? And I was trying to make a joke about the Trump hotel but I guess it fell flat. I mean - yea, I know I'm not President..Lol Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Yeah well maybe you were joking about the hotel and owning it. BUT how about this. Idk who started the hypocritical stuff. However if you are insinuating that it started with Obama or Clinton or Democratics in general, then what's the reasoning on doing what you hated them for? If they were wrong to be hypocritical, so are you. And that's the royal you. This is another issue people have. You can't in one breath say Obama sucked. And then when Trump does something you say well Obama did it. I.e. The travel ban and how it's countries Obama had chosen. Well you told me Obama was weak on ISIS and terrorism. Yet you cite him as your framework for a ban.

As for being lead by a pussy. I'm assuming that's a joke. So I will not respond like it was serious.
Well, if anyone knows what a stalker is - you would be it.
Ask your ex clients - they know!!!

Ellen it's good to see that you are still parroting false news and facts . Now on everything I post on you seem to have something to say. Why? I don't read what you post unless someone has copied it. Basically your getting a bit stalker like. So if that's how you want to be viewed as, then by all means continue to post like you are.

Anyways carry on with the political fact proving against alternative falsehoods debates. Originally Posted by FirePhoenix
I did a "veiw post" this one time and guess what Ellen, again you show that you don't have not one independent original thought in your head. Btw, how and whom am I stalking? Please by all means post all the threads, any evidence you might have, ect of where I am stalking someone. Would you like me to help you and post a link to the definition of what stalking means?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/stalking
There is the definition to help you understand