You are sick? Or she/he calls and says she's sick

My two bits,

If I am not feeling well or even feel like I am coming down with something I would cancel ASAP. If I do then no matter if it is a day away or same day I try and bring a little gift or something special to the next encounter. Better I know the person better the gift.

I do not expect the lady to do anything if she is not feeling well. I am just happy that she made the decision to cancel. I would rather mess up my schedule than have the potential of catching Flu, Strep, etc... We all have bad days etc... Originally Posted by WOMBAT
Of course you should cancel when you are sick. That does not excuse you from making it up to the other party. It is not going to kill you to give him some free time to make up for the time he lost. It is also not going to kill him to take some of the funds he set aside for the encounter and share them with you to compensate for your loss of time. Obviously it is on a case by case basis. Things such as how much notice was given and how much time was reserved and how the other persons day was affected come into play. Originally Posted by HeatherDAngelo
WOMBAT gets it. If anything, I will be saving him the agony of being sick and any lost earnings from missed work days.

I do not expect anything, even a small gift if the client cancels due to being sick. I value my health over anything. If he is being dishonest about being sick then it's a different story...
I will reschedule the appointment, because it's not wise to see someone sick. When I catch a cold, I'm in bed almost the entire duration. I caught the flu once in 1995...and I've been getting the flu vaccine ever since.
I've caught strep I swear from one of my clients before and I was mad the whole time he swears he found out he had it that night :/ rude