Another Story That Won't Interest You

• CJ7
  • 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Bush threw down an Executive order covering the VPs ass so nobody could question Cheney ... about anything.

he didnt need to be pardoned later he got his hall pass from the get go.
Ok, so Cheney got a "hall pass." For what, exactly? And don't call me a Cheney lover because I still think he should be tried for war crimes.

But, assuming Cheney did actually receive the aforementioned "hall pass." Does it follow that we must allow Obama to give Holder one, just to make it even?

Maybe we should set a number of "hall passes" each President can distribute before we can expect them to act within the law. That might clear up a few issues. Otherwise, we will never know when we can expect them to obey the law, or when we should ignore it when they don't.
  • CJ7
  • 07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok, so Cheney got a "hall pass." For what, exactly? And don't call me a Cheney lover because I still think he should be tried for war crimes.

But, assuming Cheney did actually receive the aforementioned "hall pass." Does it follow that we must allow Obama to give Holder one, just to make it even?

Maybe we should set a number of "hall passes" each President can distribute before we can expect them to act within the law. That might clear up a few issues. Otherwise, we will never know when we can expect them to obey the law, or when we should ignore it when they don't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Bush issued an EP for Cheney when questions about his meetings with Lay behind closed doors started ... how did that work out for Lay

damn sport, your memory failing too?

take a course ...LMAO

Bush invoked executive privilege "in substance" in refusing to disclose the details of Vice President Dick Cheney's meetings with energy executives, which was not appealed by the GAO. In a separate Supreme Court decision in 2004, however, Justice Anthony Kennedy noted "Executive privilege is an extraordinary assertion of power 'not to be lightly invoked.' United States v. Reynolds, 345 U.S. 1, 7 (1953).
So, answer the other questions, CBJ7.
  • CJ7
  • 07-09-2012, 10:39 PM

Maybe we should set a number of "hall passes" each President can distribute before we can expect them to act within the law. That might clear up a few issues. Otherwise, we will never know when we can expect them to obey the law, or when we should ignore it when they don't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Id never call you a cheney lover, I know better ..

answer the other question?

this one ... must we allow Obama to ...

answer ... we cant stop him from invloking EP .. hes the POTUS.
So you like the idea of giving each President a certain amount of lies and coverups before we begin investigating, correct?
You're right, it doesn't.