Door Knocking Etiquette

Not to say you are incorrect, but I have never done #1 of your "DOs" - Always give a courtesy call from the vehicle. Just never thought about it. I set an appointment and I go to the in-call at exactly the correct time. I have met my responsibility. If the lady is not there or running late, I would expect her to give ME a courtesy call.

Interested to hear other's opinions. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
This absolutely makes sense, but it's best to have an understanding of what each girl prefers because there are variables. I prefer a call at arrival so I can be sure to open the door just as someone is walking up and they aren't having to stand on my doorstep feeling awkward for even a moment.
I never feel awkward,, guess since I am single not much to worry about,

I call/text to let them I am on my way, I give an exact ETA every time..now if traffic or something changes then I call/text.
I do not play the two call game!! I think that is just silly, if your TCB is that needy we are not getting along.....
At risk of looking like an idiot, here goes...

What does TCB stand for?

Forgive the ignorance, new to ECCIE and I see it all the time
So my usual shouting through the door "I'm here for my session !" while waving the envelope above my head is a "no, no" ?
At risk of looking like an idiot, here goes...

What does TCB stand for?

Forgive the ignorance, new to ECCIE and I see it all the time Originally Posted by Andrea Darling
TCB = Taking Care of Business
Thanks Jughead!
GOOD GOOD thread, showing up un-anounced is NOT ok! Just becuase u talked about possibly having an apt the next day, that does not mean just show up. Best to always confirm the day of and call/text when u arrive. It is not cool to be walking your client to the door, and BAM somone is standing there. So embarassing!
I give very specific directions as to entering the incall. I find it more discreet to have no knocing. Always a good thing IMO.
I've seen a particular provider multiple times, I knew the etiquette. Text or call before I arrived and will open the door as I walk up the stairs to her incall. I guess she's trying to keep that low-profile.
One day I was really looking forward to see her,we text, IM'd a time was set that day and I was on my way quickly. Let me state this, I live in North Austin she lives in South.
I got up from my desk and left. When I arrived at her in call location I did the usual call/text, wth, her phone was out of minutes. Since I had driven 30 min. to get to her place I was confused as to what I should do.
I almost left, and in hindsight I should have. Like I said I was looking forward to spending time with her. I walked up to her door and nothing, hmmmm.. What the hell should I do? I rang the doorbell…
I might have been suffering from minimal blood flow to the brain. I step inside, smiling once the door closed I was ripped up one side and down the other and the look in her eyes, pure anger.
"What the Goddamn did you ring the doorbell for. I think the neighbors might be suspicious of what I'm doing…" If I hadn't been freshly waxed the fire her eyes would have scorched the hair from my body. I asked to take a shower, which seem to piss her off even more.
Of course I walk out with a towel wrapped around me. She was definitely in the defensive mode. Robe pulled tight, arms across her chest, legs crossed.
I asked for a glass of water and if we could visit before any activity started. She obliged, we talked about events at SXSW, her travel etc, she was supposed to bring back a trinket from her latest travel but never did, Ah well....maybe she was just so pissed off at me she flushed down the toilet that day, IDK.
Like I said, I've seen her multiple times. We visited for about an hour and there was 30 min. left on the clock. I'm not a fan of a compressed session from anyone, it makes me feel like a piece of worthless crap or an idiot.

She relaxed after while and it was good to see her smile and hear her laugh. Once again, all was right in my little fantasy Shangri-La. There wasn't a charge for just visiting, she stated she wouldn't feel right.
I knew I wanted to see her again, hopefully within the next day or two, so I paid for the hour so she could pay for phone bill. After many delays, She did make it up to me but it took almost 8 weeks, lol. I really thought she was trying to avoid me, maybe she still is.

I could delete everything above this just to say. I don't plan ever to breach etiquette again, I will just go to the nearest bar have a drink and go back home. I'm not sure if I could've performed that day, I felt like a neutered animal, an eunuch.
I only do outcall at my den so it's a moot point. However if I did do incall rather than knock or ring the bell I would simply stand outside the door and yell .....
"Hey I'm here for my One Hour session but I forgot to pick up some condoms. Is that OK?" Far more discreet than banging.
Kewl I think she was OVER REACTING just a bit,, needed to give you a break,, HER PHONE was out of minutes and she is pissed at you for knocking?? seems like a bitch to me..
I had provider accidentally text me wrong apartment number. It was not a lot of fun knocking on the wrong door.
Hell, I'm just proud to have a good looking woman show up at my place, so much the better if the neighbors think I'm a stud.. I might even install one of those "ding-ding" arrival announcement bells like the old service stations had.
  • Paven
  • 06-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Hell, I'm just proud to have a good looking woman show up at my place, so much the better if the neighbors think I'm a stud.. I might even install one of those "ding-ding" arrival announcement bells like the old service stations had. Originally Posted by nuglet
and be sure to check under my hood

Sorry I couldn't help myself.