Question for the Mods and a Poll for everyone! Share your thoughts on Racists!

I understand why WU has come to the Austin boards. No one fights with him over there. Here however lol well he has lots of people to play with.
People in Houston are aware that he is typically right when taking a position on a matter and are much better informed on what the guidelines allow and do not than most folks here. he does still get shit from many.

Folks here in Austin actually have things pretty mellow compared to Houston because there is only a few of us that like to push the boundaries And enjoy a good debate.

the Austin forums are the butt of a lot of jokes elsewhere because of all the whiners.
Sorry, just trying to be helpful. You seem to want someone to agree with you -- I expect that's a good place to start.

And, because they've recently been "on the wheel," they might agree with you while doing nothing to you. Wouldn't that be a Win Win? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
Really hard to not like you when you post like this! Good point!
People in Houston are aware that he is typically right when taking a position on a matter and are much better informed on what the guidelines allow and do not than most folks here. he does still get shit from many.

Folks here in Austin actually have things pretty mellow compared to their cause is only a few of us that like to push the boundaries And enjoy a good debate.

the austin forums are the butt of a lot of jokes elsewhere. Originally Posted by Whispers
With you in Houston the glass is half empty

With WakeUp the glass is half full

With me... I get no glass
Wakeup is the owner of eccie--and yes, that's a true story
  • ztonk
  • 07-19-2017, 08:30 PM
the austin forums are the butt of a lot of jokes elsewhere. Originally Posted by Whispers
So true!

z
I didn't really see it as racist. I mean looking at Backpage, every single black girl or "mixed" "exotic" girl has no aa on their post. I'm not sure that it was bad enough to be removed, I don't think anyone has spoken up and said they were offended
Wakeup is the owner of eccie--and yes, that's a true story Originally Posted by Lhoppy
What's your real handle newb?
I found it more humorous than racist. But in today's society.....everyone is so sensitive, try finding anything that doesn't offend someone. More a reflection of the times than anything else. For example.....why was Archie Bunker allowed on tv in the 70s but today that wouldn't be allowed???????
I didn't really see it as racist. I mean looking at Backpage, every single black girl or "mixed" "exotic" girl has no aa on their post. I'm not sure that it was bad enough to be removed, I don't think anyone has spoken up and said they were offended Originally Posted by Mr.BobDabolina
This isn't black page sir! While items in the post might be true or factual doesn't mean it should be ok to publish it. Bad enough to be removed? Maybe it's just a little bad? Well let me give you an example of why that doesn't work. I'm going to make you and Treetop some sugar cookies. They will be good. But I just want you to up front that I'm putting in a "little" dog shit for that unique flavor! No worries you won't really taste the dog shit there will be just a little. Want a cookie?

That's why that post needs to come down. Like it's creator and publisher WakeUp, it racist. Yeah but just a little I know.
Here is what the site guidelines say about racists and racist posting:

#2 - Derogatory racial remarks are simply unacceptable, period. Disrespect another's ethnic background and you will most certainly regret it.

Racial remarks? What is that? If some one posts about steroids types of people heritage how the hell is that not racist?

Disrespecting another's ethnic background? What is that? If some makes comments in a disrespectful way like mocking and steroids typing a race how can that not be racist?

You'll regret it? I don't WakeUp regrets anything. Why would he? He does as he pleases with protection and favoritism.

I certainly thought the owners and staff might take a stronger stance and not tolerating even the slightest of racial derogatory remarks.
The answer to your question lies a couple of places

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/

noun a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

adjective showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.

Let's discuss the racist as a noun first. In this case I have to go with Wakeup does not fit the definition of being a racist. Why? Because although Wakeup is white it is NOT his contention in the thread thatWhote People are superior, simply that HE is superior to all others.

As an adjective I do not see racist applying for the following reason. The satirical presentation deals more with a class of people, BackPage Johns, Whores and their Pimps, and their inferiority to ECCIE Johns, Whores and their Pimps.

Until Backpage Johns, Whores and their Pimps gain recognition as a class there is nothing here other than a satirical presentation of an issue presented in a much more open and tolerant region of the board.

On another note..... To ask a question of staff in Austin CoEd is an exercise in futility.... Especially if you want them to comment on a Houston thread..... It seems rather obvious they have abandoned the forum except for the most serious of offenses......

Houston is a far different place to post in than any other forum on the board. It probably reflects to a greater degree the tolerances of owners that may not be seen in other areas.

You will have much greater luck bringing Houston style threads to Austin than to inject the prudish nature of Austinites on the Houston community Originally Posted by Whispers
When you do your google search of the word if you scroll down you will find a broader definition of the word to include the following:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

If one evaluates the post with this in mind it most certainly is a racist thread!

As an example... when mentioning that White people have the money and Asians are easier to rip off... how in the fuck is that not a racist comment?
I truely believe the owners set out to keep this site a civil place by the creation and implementation of the guidelines. The guideline says one will regret posting racist remarks. I'm betting that's true. If most anyone else would have posted that threAD in any other forum that member would have been dealt with in a very negative way!

But not WakeUp? Not in Houston? Hell in Las Vegas a HJ review of a MOD offended the sensibilities of staff and is taken down while others are allowed to remain. But this racist thread is ok and stays up?
I found it more humorous than racist. But in today's society.....everyone is so sensitive, try finding anything that doesn't offend someone. More a reflection of the times than anything else. For example.....why was Archie Bunker allowed on tv in the 70s but today that wouldn't be allowed??????? Originally Posted by Buck Nekkid
Once there was slavery.... now? Yes times have changed!
Everything is racist! Racist! Racist! Cats are racist too!