Kap/NFL Collusion Lawsuit Settled

You are technically correct. The team was in a trust and he objected to the sale. He was ruled mentally unfit. His wife sold the team and Don settled his lawsuit against the NBA in 2016.

But they did allow him to sell the team instead of the league taking over the team and putting it in limbo.
You are technically correct. The team was in a trust and he objected to the sale. He was ruled mentally unfit. His wife sold the team and Don settled his lawsuit against the NBA in 2016.

But they did allow him to sell the team instead of the league taking over the team and putting it in limbo. Originally Posted by gnadfly
how they did it was kind of weird.

they put 2 billion in escrow until the suit was settled. a big swap took place between the sterlings and nba.

the mentally unfit bit was bogus. he got railroaded by his wife and others to force the sale of the team.

"allow" is a questionable word to use in this instance.
It looks like he is getting 60 million dollars.

The NFL's owners are a bunch of weaklings.

I'm done with the pro game. Originally Posted by friendly fred
What do 31 team owners care about coughing up 60 Mil to this punk...? They're a 15 Billion Dollar a Year pig....and getting fatter every 365 days....that was walkin' around change they forked over. No biggie to them....
they have have no sense of metric.

60 mil? is that what they paid him?
While I agree with you, the NFL didn't want to release owner phone calls, emails, MOM, etc. Ron Sterling anyone?

Eric Reid is back in the NFL.

Kap may be back but probably only Baltimore would have him. It's the only city that would have his back. Maybe NY.

The other issue is he is now a coach killer. He will become a GM killer. Baltimore's GM is gone and Kap's GF alienated Baltimore's owner. Sign Kap and you better have an offense that suits him. The Raven's offense which suits Lamar Jackson, suits Kap. The other problem is Kap got Harbaugh's brother fired in San Francisco. Originally Posted by gnadfly
gnad that's pretty good stuff you posted. your NFL analysis is way better than your political analysis
They only settled to avoid legal discovery of collusion and conspiracy...Kep gets $60-$80M from early reports Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
You love the NFL...
Fuck the NFL...
gnad that's pretty good stuff you posted. your NFL analysis is way better than your political analysis Originally Posted by themystic
Since your political analysis sucks...you should try sports also...can't be much worst!!
Why is that your business?

I hope Kap got paid, finally! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He was already paid. He was in like year 2 of a huge contract when he asked for his release. Yes, Kap asked for and got his release. Then, predictably, few cities wanted him but Baltimore. Then Kaps GF made some remark comparing the Raven's owner to a slave owner. And nobody wanted him.

So they jack up tickets $5 per game more.

how they did it was kind of weird.

they put 2 billion in escrow until the suit was settled. a big swap took place between the sterlings and nba.

the mentally unfit bit was bogus. he got railroaded by his wife and others to force the sale of the team.

"allow" is a questionable word to use in this instance. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Sterling was a whoremonger supreme. He admitted in a depostion to giving his black gf $500 everytime they had sex. https://deadspin.com/the-sordid-life...erling-5263277

He should have been kicked out of league long time ago.
gnad that's pretty good stuff you posted. your NFL analysis is way better than your political analysis Originally Posted by themystic
I've won my fantasy football league many times and have had Kap on my team.
What do 31 team owners care about coughing up 60 Mil to this punk...? They're a 15 Billion Dollar a Year pig....and getting fatter every 365 days....that was walkin' around change they forked over. No biggie to them.... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Pigs eventually get slaughtered. I'm not watching anymore NFL games.

I hope the franchise values go down and cities quit building stadiums for this senseless game that cause CTE and makes ex players cripples and suicidal.
Pigs eventually get slaughtered. I'm not watching anymore NFL games.

I hope the franchise values go down and cities quit building stadiums for this senseless game that cause CTE and makes ex players cripples and suicidal. Originally Posted by friendly fred

(Franchi$e value$ going down)….lol, not in this lifetime, my friend. Supply and demand.....and in 2019 the public (still) can't get enuff of the N. F. L.

Why do ya think Jerry's got a bust in Canton now...? That crafty mf'er took the training wheels off this league (per sports marketing) and showed those lazy owners how to truly bang the ca$h register while increasing market share and franchise value. Everybody's makin' fat money today becuz of Jerry's influence and it's only gonna grow from here....

CTE and a lifetime (or for whatever is left of them) of being crippled / suicidal, etc, etc....
listen up: these guys know what's at stake going in...just ask 'em (I posed that same question of a certain local five-time SB winner recently and he said he'd go back and do it ALL over again in a heartbeat...if given the chance.)

Why do ya think those First Rounders each take a turn at bear-huggin' the crap outa Roger Goodell on Draft Day? The money and the chance to have a (shortened) lifetime of security is worth the risk they tell themselves....make no mistake about it.
Since your political analysis sucks...you should try sports also...can't be much worst!! Originally Posted by bb1961
bb I have great knowledge in many subjects. what would you like me to teach you. its not to late for you to start learning. also I can help save your soul so you don't go to hell
  • oeb11
  • 02-17-2019, 12:36 PM
Off topic
Atheism is part of the DPST creed - Thou shalt worship only The Party!
Outside the ideology - called on it.

There is no soul, hell, heaven, - only The Party!