Cursing, a story, and Science

I totally get that. I'm fortunate in the fact that my childhood granted me the gift of being able to allow everything to roll off of me. Yeah-- I would have loved to have had the Cleaver existence.. but on the flip side, as an adult, it is near impossible to get under my skin.

Everyone responds differently to their life experiences and outside stimulae.
I totally get that. I'm fortunate in the fact that my childhood granted me the gift of being able to allow everything to roll off of me. Yeah-- I would have loved to have had the Cleaver existence.. but on the flip side, as an adult, it is near impossible to get under my skin.

Everyone responds differently to their life experiences and outside stimulae. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Ya know? Lotsa folks say they let stuff roll off and I almost wish that had been the case for me. I suppose my intuition and the way I actually felt was what turned out to be the very thing that lead me to some real truths. So for me, Feeling is believing! LOL.
Well fuck, shit, damn ... butt taint will lead you to the "real truths." The taint is the key to understanding.
Its true. Taint is the key to the higher plane. Praise Tebow.
Well fuck, shit, damn ... butt taint will lead you to the "real truths." The taint is the key to understanding. Originally Posted by pyramider
Its true. Taint is the key to the higher plane. Praise Tebow. Originally Posted by GracePreston

Hear, hear. May the grand vagina bless the taint to the next fuck level...I mean to a higher understanding.

May the taint be with y'all
Well fuck, shit, damn ... butt taint will lead you to the "real truths." The taint is the key to understanding. Originally Posted by pyramider
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! LOL

It's twue, but it taint twue too! LOL Wow, I think I just saw a putty tat!

All kidding aside, seeing them written, not the same as hearing it for me, but seeing it all the time, it's kinda like a buildup to hearing it. In a regular conversation where wordy durds fly, not nearly as painful physically to me as when they have intent, like when I hear folks arguing or something. Much like Grace, I feel yelling is not the best way to communicate. No need to yell, just gets everyone wired up even more......

Edit: To clarify, while soft spoken, there are times I believe I get a little loud, but it's normally not during an argument. Normally, it's around the same time I might use a wordy durd or two. Funny how those work at the same time for me....
Absolutely! I've got some other stuff to do anyway. I'll look in again later.

Thanks for letting me live. If I save my nickels and dimes and manage to get back to the DFW area one of these days, I certainly hope to be on speaking terms with your lovely self. Originally Posted by James1588

“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.” - Albert Einstein

I found this quote some time ago, and it made me wanna do more research. He did have a vast knowledge, and I'm not saying I believe everyone knows everything, but he was an expert, and we all trust that experts know what they are talking about, or at least most consider what they have to say.

Now, considering this quote is true, if forms of energy are used to create forms of energy, didn't "It", "BigBang", or "Creation" actually all start with a little energy? Energy evolves/changes in all kind of ways into all kinda masses?

I dunno, but if ya go all the way back, wouldn't it stand to reason? Mass doesn't come from nowhere, it came to be......maybe from energy changing form in whatever manner it did.

I'm no expert on anything, it just makes sense to me. Maybe someday, something else I research about such, will make more sense about this kinda thing, and I'll try to explain why I no longer believe as I do now. I evolve/change too...LOL. I love to learn and often embrace change!
“Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another.” - Albert Einstein

I found this quote some time ago, and it made me wanna do more research. He did have a vast knowledge, and I'm not saying I believe everyone knows everything, but he was an expert, and we all trust that experts know what they are talking about, or at least most consider what they have to say.

Now, considering this quote is true, if forms of energy are used to create forms of energy, didn't "It", "BigBang", or "Creation" actually all start with a little energy? Energy evolves/changes in all kind of ways into all kinda masses?

I dunno, but if ya go all the way back, wouldn't it stand to reason? Mass doesn't come from nowhere, it came to be......maybe from energy changing form in whatever manner it did.

I'm no expert on anything, it just makes sense to me. Maybe someday, something else I research about such, will make more sense about this kinda thing, and I'll try to explain why I no longer believe as I do now. I evolve/change too...LOL. I love to learn and often embrace change! Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Max, your point is well taken. Mass and energy are ultimately convertible into each other, according to the general theory of relativity.

But then, that makes it difficult to explain the origin of all the mass that exists in the universe by saying that it was converted from (lots of) energy, because that energy, like the mass, has to exist as a result of some cause. The creation of anything ex nihilo -- truly from nothing -- science doesn't know about.

I'm a (retired) scientist -- a physicist -- but I recognize that science is a human enterprise that has limits. In science, hypothesis becomes theory to the extent that it gives calculable predictions about the behavior of nature. But theory must then be tested by the only test science recognizes: does it (the theory) successfully predict the results of valid, controlled, reproducible experiments? In science, no theory is ever "proven." Theory is always and forever on trial. We accept it as long as it explains experimental results. But even if a piece of theory has been passing that test for hundreds of years, there's always the possibility that someone may do a new experiment tomorrow that contradicts the predictions of theory. And if that happens, a scientist will (or should) always accept that Nature is correct, and the theory needs to be reworked, or scrapped and replaced. So, I have to think that questions about ultimate origins can't really be answered in the context of science, strictly speaking, because you can't do reproducible experiments with the beginning of the universe (or even with the beginning of life on earth, as far as that goes).

You can think about those "first things" questions philosophically, as you're doing here. And philosophical conjectures can be informed by the results of science, as -- once again -- you've done here. But when we're finished, we can't go off and start a new universe, to see if we're right about how this one got started. Takes too much lab space.

I certainly would enjoy sitting down with you over a leisurely dinner and talking some things over. As I just commented in another thread, I loves me a smart woman! Obviously, I really need another Texas trip. Haven't seen Elisabeth Whispers in too long now, for that matter.
Max, your point is well taken. Mass and energy are ultimately convertible into each other, according to the general theory of relativity.

But then, that makes it difficult to explain the origin of all the mass that exists in the universe by saying that it was converted from (lots of) energy, because that energy, like the mass, has to exist as a result of some cause. The creation of anything ex nihilo -- truly from nothing -- science doesn't know about.

I'm a (retired) scientist -- a physicist -- but I recognize that science is a human enterprise that has limits. In science, hypothesis becomes theory to the extent that it gives calculable predictions about the behavior of nature. But theory must then be tested by the only test science recognizes: does it (the theory) successfully predict the results of valid, controlled, reproducible experiments? In science, no theory is ever "proven." Theory is always and forever on trial. We accept it as long as it explains experimental results. But even if a piece of theory has been passing that test for hundreds of years, there's always the possibility that someone may do a new experiment tomorrow that contradicts the predictions of theory. And if that happens, a scientist will (or should) always accept that Nature is correct, and the theory needs to be reworked, or scrapped and replaced. So, I have to think that questions about ultimate origins can't really be answered in the context of science, strictly speaking, because you can't do reproducible experiments with the beginning of the universe (or even with the beginning of life on earth, as far as that goes).

You can think about those "first things" questions philosophically, as you're doing here. And philosophical conjectures can be informed by the results of science, as -- once again -- you've done here. But when we're finished, we can't go off and start a new universe, to see if we're right about how this one got started. Takes too much lab space.

True enough, we can't! Maybe someday, someone, somewhere, will have a chat with the Entity that got things started and ask those questions, get those answers we all would like a little truth about. LOL. I dunno....I luv me a smart gent, but mathematical formulas I leave for the braniacs. I just try to make sense of others conclusions....kinda cheating in a way, but it works for me. The whole "every thought has been thought" notion, makes me not wanna tax my " pretty little head", much more than I gotta. After all, the polish on my nail is chipped, and that just takes up loads of brainpower and thought. Ya know? Gotta make an appt, pick out a new color, and so on.......

I certainly would enjoy sitting down with you over a leisurely dinner and talking some things over. As I just commented in another thread, I loves me a smart woman! Obviously, I really need another Texas trip. Haven't seen Elisabeth Whispers in too long now, for that matter. Originally Posted by James1588
Sure hon. I eat! LOL.

Wasn't being facetious earlier....the pretty little head comment, Was a comment a gent made in a thread, so I couldn't resist! I must learn to control my impulses, much as I must learn, some folks don't care to rethink their thoughts and words....I'm forever rethinking mine and snatching new ones, sure doesn't mean anyone else has got to.

LOL. "Snatching", no pun intended, but this board, these mindsets, kinda punny...LOL

Yes, I mostly amuse myself!
Sure hon. I eat! LOL.

Wasn't being facetious earlier....the pretty little head comment, Was a comment a gent made in a thread, so I couldn't resist! I must learn to control my impulses ... Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Yes, I saw that thread. The High-Speed Firearm, wasn't it?

Just as you are trying to learn to control your impulses, I'm trying to learn to be a proper "hobbyist." You know, grab a little ass, haggle down the price, keep my real name secret, burner-phone this, google-voice that, raw-dog something else ...

Here's a proposal: next month, I'll work on proper hobbying, and you limit your concerns to chipped nails and such. Next month, you can get your pretty little head right, and I'll get my bald, homely head straightened out, too. But that's next month. We've still got 13 days in which to, I dunno ... be ourselves?

Whaddaya say?
True enough, we can't! Maybe someday, someone, somewhere, will have a chat with the Entity that got things started and ask those questions, get those answers we all would like a little truth about. LOL. I dunno....I luv me a smart gent, but mathematical formulas I leave for the braniacs. I just try to make sense of others conclusions....kinda cheating in a way, but it works for me. The whole "every thought has been thought" notion, makes me not wanna tax my " pretty little head", much more than I gotta. After all, the polish on my nail is chipped, and that just takes up loads of brainpower and thought. Ya know? Gotta make an appt, pick out a new color, and so on....... Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
Someone has had a chat with the Entity that got things started. At least I believe he has. If you get a chance to read, Conversations with God: an uncommon dialog Neale Donald Walsch; God explains the Big Bang as well as all creation (His creations and our creations). Very fascinating. We all create, everyday. All creation starts with a thought, then words, then actions.

Other books you may like:
Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (fiction)

Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Milman (non-fiction that reads like fiction)

And I get a feeling you may have already watched What the bleep do we know and Down the Rabbit Hole, from the original post. But, if you haven't they are both fun movies to watch.

I have a crush on Fred Alan Wolf and his wacky ways of explaining Quantum Physics
Yes, I saw that thread. The High-Speed Firearm, wasn't it?

Just as you are trying to learn to control your impulses, I'm trying to learn to be a proper "hobbyist." You know, grab a little ass, haggle down the price, keep my real name secret, burner-phone this, google-voice that, raw-dog something else ...

Here's a proposal: next month, I'll work on proper hobbying, and you limit your concerns to chipped nails and such. Next month, you can get your pretty little head right, and I'll get my bald, homely head straightened out, too. But that's next month. We've still got 13 days in which to, I dunno ... be ourselves?

Whaddaya say? Originally Posted by James1588

I'd be the world's worst actress. I'm the sensual ball of fun and smarts that most men try to bulldoze, no matter how sweet n demure, or even strongly opinionated I try to make any kinda point. I'm beginning to think none of 'em like us for much other than sex (said the debutante hooker). LOL. Maybe I'm like the Cowboys, they love me or they hate me!

Nah....I'm just ME!
"From the No-thing thus sprang the Everything - a spiritual event entirely consistent, incidentally, with what your scientists call The Big Bang theory." -God
Someone has had a chat with the Entity that got things started. At least I believe he has. If you get a chance to read, Conversations with God: an uncommon dialog Neale Donald Walsch; God explains the Big Bang as well as all creation (His creations and our creations). Very fascinating. We all create, everyday. All creation starts with a thought, then words, then actions.

Other books you may like:
Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (fiction)

Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Milman (non-fiction that reads like fiction)

And I get a feeling you may have already watched What the bleep do we know and Down the Rabbit Hole, from the original post. But, if you haven't they are both fun movies to watch.

I have a crush on Fred Alan Wolf and his wacky ways of explaining Quantum Physics Originally Posted by JessicaKnightly
People who make sense to me, are those who believe in a higher power. ( No, sex is powerful, not a higher power, for those naughty minds viewing. LOL Not that there's anything wrong with naughty!) I do read some religious books as well. Angel Stories by John Paul Jackson, kinda made me a little scared of angels! LOL. I enjoyed the Wisdom of Compassion by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Victor Chan.

I'll check out those movies and those books. Not a big movie watcher, until someone I admire and enjoys as I do, suggests I might as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. Should I rent? Netflix?

I believe in the "Creation" thought you state. I've created some things on this site, I think some gents woulda preferred I had not, however, I am very creative! It's the impulse thing I gotta control, right? LOL I also draw, wanna know more of painting, amd wanna learn to play the guitar. Creative endeavors. Now, if I can just get some clients who won't haggle or ones who wanna do even more than feed me, (was teasing the other J), maybe I can afford classes and studies which might lead me to be even more creative some day! I can always have hope, right?

Thanks, beautiful!
"From the No-thing thus sprang the Everything - a spiritual event entirely consistent, incidentally, with what your scientists call The Big Bang theory." -God Originally Posted by JessicaKnightly
Huge truth there, I think. No container is large enough to hold itself.

Science is a fine thing. But some questions lie outside its domain.

Uncreated self-existence is, biblically, the central claim of God. How does He identify Himself to Moses, in Exodus 3? "I AM."

That claim may or may not be true. We may or may not accept it. But it does go right to the center of the matter.

Thanks for your thoughts!