LETTERMAN LEAVES....DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YA!

Actually I can have it both ways. As many/most people do.

Most find it possible to admire the professional abilities of people while at the same time detesting their personal/private life.

People like Charlie Chaplin, Roman Polanski, Miles Davis, and Tiger Woods come to mind; all were great at their respective skill but were degenerates in their personal lives.

You are too stupid to understand the distinction.

Actually, you can't have it both ways, Whir-LIE-turd.

You just got caught sticking your foot in your lying mouth again. Or are you too dumb to express yourself?

Yum yum, Whir-LIE-turd! Eat up!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
With Letterman it is both - despicable in his own stage persona as he is in his private life.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2009...tterman-200910
Actually I can have it both ways. As many/most people do.

Most find it possible to admire the professional abilities of people while at the same time detesting their personal/private life.

People like Charlie Chaplin, Roman Polanski, Miles Davis, and Tiger Woods come to mind; all were great at their respective skill but were degenerates in their personal lives.

You are too stupid to understand the distinction. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You're too stupid to understand how fucking idiotic that distinction looks to anyone who has ever seen one of your posts before. Most find you to be a fucking cunt. Detestable in every way.
  • shanm
  • 05-21-2015, 04:13 PM
You're too stupid to understand how fucking idiotic that distinction looks to anyone who has ever seen one of your posts before. Most find you to be a fucking cunt. Detestable in every way. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Technically, what he's saying is....you can rape people, that's okay..I'll still keep you up on my pedestal.

But heaven forbid you make a misinformed joke about it in the course of your profession. Then you're fucked.

Whirlagay, I can understand if you don't like his style of comedy. I don't either. But to say that you despise him for his style of comedy AND simultaneously claim that you "revere" a comic who is a known rapist and a scumbag....well that makes you look like a hypocritical dipshit. But we already knew that didn't we.
I revere the political talent of serial molester Bill Clinton; but I despise his private conduct.

You are too stupid to discern the difference.
I revere the political talent of serial molester Bill Clinton; but I despise his private conduct.

You are too stupid to discern the difference. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You're so stupid you think there actually IS a difference.
WT, you are a douchebag.
Leno is the only one I ever really laughed at. Especially his headlines and marriage ads. I have to hand it to him for those.

Jim

https://youtu.be/KzweATjdM0g
So.....in your own words....you still "revere" Cosby who is a known rapist, yet you despise Letterman because he made a rape JOKE! Originally Posted by shanm
Is Cosby a "known" rapist? Have charges been filed? Has there been a trial?
  • shanm
  • 05-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Is Cosby a "known" rapist? Have charges been filed? Has there been a trial? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Funny. Coming from the man who decries the voices in the shadows; always propping up conspiratorial bullshit with absolutely no proof yet still unable to rationalize the guilt of a man accused of rape by over 40 different people.

Why do you always have to act like such a fucking retard?
I used to watch Letterman all the time. From his guest hosting on Carson to his CBS show. When he had his NBC daytime show I literally changed majors because I missed so many classes watching it. In the 80s and 90s he was great and I bought a VCR just to tape him. I was mad when Leno won the spot from Letterman to replace Carson. Letterman had better guests, better musicians and better comedy.

Then Letterman had his heart attack and there was the 9/11 attack. He just became bitter and angry. Around 2004 I stopped watching him altogether and gave up TV. Then in about 2008 I got a flat panel and started watching Red Eye and occasionally Leno.

By 2010 Letterman became increasingly difficult to watch with David phoning it in. When I skip by him in the last few years it was obvious he wanted out. It was sad watching his final show's montage of old guests especially from his show the hour after Carson because it was so funny and inventive. The last five years Dave just mugged for the camera during most of bombing monologue.

My two favorite Lettermen snippets:

Funny. Coming from the man who decries the voices in the shadows; always propping up conspiratorial bullshit with absolutely no proof yet still unable to rationalize the guilt of a man accused of rape by over 40 different people.

Why do you always have to act like such a fucking retard? Originally Posted by shanm
By your logic, Bill Clinton is a known rapist, as well. Thank you for finally admitting it.

Why do you always have to act like such a fucking retard?
Originally Posted by shanm
By your logic, Bill Clinton is a known rapist, as well. Thank you for finally admitting it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
+1
By your logic, Bill Clinton is a known rapist, as well. Thank you for finally admitting it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Boy, you sure have a hard-on for anyone named Clinton.
  • shanm
  • 05-22-2015, 01:06 AM
There's a difference between sexual harassment and rape, you stupid motherfucker. Just like there is a difference between four women and forty. God damn you are the dimmest of bulbs.

I liked Cosby as much as the next guy, and believe me, when the allegations first came out I didn't believe them to be true. After all, we have a gold digging whore epidemic that's ruining this country atm; rape and sexual assault allegations are but just one notch in their belts.
But when more than 40 different women accuse you, and give eerily similar details of the actual act well....you've got to give them at least the benefit of the doubt. Hell, if 40 women accused me of rape I might wonder whether I've been blacking out and raping women that I can't remember.

Whirlagay said he hates A COMEDIAN because he'd made a RAPE JOKE. He also said he "REVERED" a comic who is (at the very least), more likely than not, A SERIAL RAPIST.