Should a separate racial forum be created?

• WTF
  • 12-05-2014, 06:58 AM
It is almost laughable reading all these posts recently. How consistent they are in their message: "All that's needed to fix the problem is everyone else needs to see the world MY way!"

. Originally Posted by Old-T
Yep....

And you are somehow above it all? You don't want us to see your POV?

The below post is your own attempt to tell us that "things would be better if only...."

Applying your own thinking, don't you think your opinions would be better served if you kept them to yourself?

It is almost laughable reading all these posts recently. How consistent they are in their message: "All that's needed to fix the problem is everyone else needs to see the world MY way!"

What an amazing bunch of closed minded bigots live in here, and they just attract more like themselves. IB begat IIFFy. IIFFy begat Rio. And on it goes. Originally Posted by Old-T
  • Old-T
  • 12-05-2014, 07:48 AM
And you are somehow above it all? You don't want us to see your POV?

The below post is your own attempt to tell us that "things would be better if only...."

Applying your own thinking, don't you think your opinions would be better served if you kept them to yourself? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Wow, you are amazingly off base today.

Am I above all this? Not really. I just find it more and more difficult to justify spending a lot of time in here trying to discuss things with people who are so closed minded. Not everyone here, but enough that the brainless rhetoric drowns out much of the intelligent conversation that might occur.

Am I hiding my POV? No, I don't think so. For example, if I was hiding it, then you probably would not have been this upset about what I posted.

Why yes, my post WAS intended to answer the OP question! Isn't that the point? What a novel thought (and so unlike many of the posts on this board). I assume you got the point, but for any who may have missed it: the first necessary step to making things better is for people to acknowledge (1) perspectives matter, (2) many "rights" and "wrongs" are not absolute--though some are, (3) solutions to human problems require compromise. When I read many of the posts here I see no such understanding. I see too many closed minded bigots.

I never said or implied that people should keep their thoughts to themselves. I just pointed out how closed minded some of those thoughts are. They are two very different things, no? As it is, I post my thoughts on here far, FAR less than some of the people who seem to be on here every waking moment.
If that is how they want to spend their time, go for it! Post all the comments they want. But then I will feel no guilt if I decide to point out that some of their comments are stupid and/or lies and/or bigoted. Seems a simple enough concept.

What an amazing bunch of closed minded bigots live in here, and they just attract more like themselves. IB begat IIFFy. IIFFy begat Rio. And on it goes.
Originally Posted by Old-T
You're the laughable, peevish, hypocritical little troll on a SHMB that thinks you are the only one with a correct vision of the way the world is, Old-THUMPER. But you also voted for Odumbo proving additionally that you're a "#Grubered", Kool Aid sotted tool, Old-THUMPER.
Wow, you are amazingly off base today.

Am I above all this? Not really. I just find it more and more difficult to justify spending a lot of time in here trying to discuss things with people who are so closed minded. Then don't Not everyone here, but enough that the brainless rhetoric drowns out much of the intelligent conversation that might occur.
Originally Posted by Old-T
If this place pisses you off, do something else. Simple solution.k
  • Old-T
  • 12-05-2014, 08:05 PM
If this place pisses you off, do something else. Simple solution.k Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Oh you are quite wrong. Reading what a bunch of myopic bigots post in here dosen't piss me off, it just gets dull and repetitive. Have YOU seen great new insightful comments here recently?

But even so, I do exactly what you say--i do lots of other things. That's why I only have a small fraction of the posts as compared to many others here, and why I post in other forums more than many here do.

But thank you to caring about my emotional well being.
  • Old-T
  • 12-05-2014, 08:08 PM
You're the laughable, peevish, hypocritical little troll on a SHMB that thinks you are the only one with a correct vision of the way the world is, Old-THUMPER. But you also voted for Odumbo proving additionally that you're a "#Grubered", Kool Aid sotted tool, Old-THUMPER. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Poor IBIlliterate. I never said I was the "only one with a correct vision". I just ridiculed yours for being stupid. Which it clearly is.
Oh you are quite wrong. Reading what a bunch of myopic bigots post in here dosen't piss me off, it just gets dull and repetitive. Have YOU seen great new insightful comments here recently?

But even so, I do exactly what you say--i do lots of other things. That's why I only have a small fraction of the posts as compared to many others here, and why I post in other forums more than many here do.

But thank you to caring about my emotional well being. Originally Posted by Old-T
Old-Trick here is your daily RACIST video from Iffy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ#t
Poor IBIlliterate. I never said I was the "only one with a correct vision". I just ridiculed yours for being stupid. Which it clearly is. Originally Posted by Old-T
Suffice it to say that you're one of the "#Grubered" dimretarded minions that voted for Odumbo, and Odumbo's man, Gruber, repeatedly said you were too stupid to see the truth, Old-THUMPER. In this instance, Old-THUMPER, Odumbo's man knows you only too well.

Ya know.......It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that if you resist arrest with a police officer you are going to lose. It doesn't matter if you are black or white. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Rocket surgeon, what the hell is a rocket surgeon?

But thank you to caring about my emotional well being. Originally Posted by Old-T
As lono as its fun for you, fine. I'm only here for the entertainment. Some of these guys, maybe even me, get dull and repetitive, but I just pass it over, or make a comment to make it interesting to me. But I do think it's funny when people, like you, insinuate that they are somehow a better person, or their time is more valuable because they don't have as many posts on here as someone else. "I don't have as many posts on here, a meaningless SHMB, as (whoever) so I must be (better, smarter, more valuable, etc.) than him/her." Pretty low standard to set for yourself, don't you think?
Rocket surgeon, what the hell is a rocket surgeon? Originally Posted by cowboyinjungle
It's kind of like a Brain Scientist but the different.
  • Old-T
  • 12-05-2014, 09:15 PM
As lono as its fun for you, fine. I'm only here for the entertainment. Some of these guys, maybe even me, get dull and repetitive, but I just pass it over, or make a comment to make it interesting to me. But I do think it's funny when people, like you, insinuate that they are somehow a better person, or their time is more valuable because they don't have as many posts on here as someone else. "I don't have as many posts on here, a meaningless SHMB, as (whoever) so I must be (better, smarter, more valuable, etc.) than him/her." Pretty low standard to set for yourself, don't you think? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
All more posts here means--or implies, it doesn't really prove--is more time spent here, thus less time spent elsewhere. I don't use that as evidence that I spend my time better, just that I have a wider set of interests. I do wonder aloud at times that if a person seems to be on here continually, how much of an actual life they have.

I find some people on here that I think are quite interesting whether I agree with them or not--but then there are some I believe, based upon their posts, are dumb as rocks. Not really any different than most places, but it is more acceptable to mock them here. By comparison to the accepted norms of this forum, I think I am usually rather mild and well behaved. Usually.
  • Old-T
  • 12-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Old-Trick here is your daily RACIST video from Iffy.
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Every time you post you prove my point.
Every time you post you prove my point. Originally Posted by Old-T
I know, it's awesome... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV8YKewdZRM