Provider Logic

There is no more logic to her behavior than there is to your behavior.

No offense sweetie. You are clearly a very nice guy - to a fault.

But you are searching for logic where none exists. Simple as that.
Rbob knows what he needs to do. Originally Posted by pyramider
Or should somebody relieve him of his belt, shoelaces and sharp objects?
Let me keep the shoelaces and belt, he may need them ...
Didn't the fact that she started offering a fifty buck blow and go special raise more red flags for you?

Good god, man.......

elg....... Originally Posted by elghund

was the assumption of mine as well, but thanks for verifying it elg

fuckin elg....

and agree with Raw Dog, wonder what she agreed to that she doesn't normally do?
  • Old-T
  • 05-20-2015, 08:05 AM
I read your post and felt sorry that you were treated this way. It is never right when someone takes advantage of another’s generosity. But at the same time something nagged at me and I couldn’t quite identify it right away.

It wasn’t that you lent her money—I always advise against thinking ANY money given to ANYONE on a personal level is a loan. Treat it as a gift, and if the person repaid it, that is an added bonus. Everyone from siblings to children to friends to ladies/guys in this business. I have often been repaid, but I never assume I will be. If I am not willing to give it away, I don’t lend it. Too often people mean well, but the same things that fundamentally got them into trouble often still exist.

But it was more than that—and as I slept on it I realized what it was. Your title. The serious over-generalization that (1) somehow this is typical of providers, and (2) somehow it is only/mostly found in providers. The reality is the ladies here come in the same cross-section of personalities and people as anywhere else—as do the guys.

I work with a guy who has ruined his career advancement opportunities because he has needlessly pissed off people who have a lot of say in any promotion possibilities. Why? Over dumb office policies about dress code, coffee mess, etc. Another woman who was let go because she falsified a travel reimbursement FOR $3.00!!!!! Sure, risk a $130,000 job for $3. A nephew who flunked out of school second semester of his senior year because he had friends going to Florida for a week and went with them—during midterm week. A woman who feuded with an office mate about the type of music played—and threatened to get a gun and shoot the office mate for it, getting fired within the day. A guy who caused a big enough fuss (embellished with lies about illegal substances) after a lady was 20 min late—and now he can’t see any decent provider anywhere near his home town. And many other examples.

Being short sighted and burning bridges is almost a rite of passage into a life of just scraping bye. Flipping someone off or cursing them out for 20 minutes on the way out the door just to make sure it will be double bolted behind you.

This isn’t “provider logic”, it is “stupid people logic”.
Look, here is my problem with this whole thing: this hobby is supposed to make life easier, not more complicated. You complain she became "a little too needy". You had no problem with her being a bit too needy.

Easier, not harder:

Contact provider -> Get screened -> Pay -> Have fun -> Leave (both you and her out of each other's life)

Repeat as needed.

Best of luck and stay safe.

Camille
+1 I like the way you think.
OP, the main thing you need to remember is that the 2 word title of the thread are contradictory terms.
Look, here is my problem with this whole thing: this hobby is supposed to make life easier, not more complicated. You complain she became "a little too needy". You had no problem with her being a bit too needy.

Easier, not harder:

Contact provider -> Get screened -> Pay -> Have fun -> Leave (both you and her out of each other's life)

Repeat as needed.

Camille Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Awesome.

And Logical!

elg.......
Sorry Rbob that this happened to you... but not really surprised. I have had this same thing happen to me in the past... and it was costly $$$. But I learned from it and have become a better, safer, and happier hobbyist. You will too!

I agree with a previous poster, that this kind of manipulative, short-sighted, erratic behavior is not limited to providers. Rather it is a condition of human nature to be found in everyone from time to time, and in some others it has become their way of life.

Be thankful you haven't been outed, or been physically hurt, or ended up wearing orange. She may go that direction soon, but you (if you stay away from her), will be spared the wardrobe change.

Be safe and hobby on!

Easier, not harder:

Repeat as needed.

Camille Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Where is the fun in that? Most of the fucktards want to be Captain Save a Ho ... Plus, your forgot to mention taint photos.
A lot of people out there (not just providers) pay their bills through hustling. you are simply an avenue to get money from. it is that simple
I read your post and felt sorry that you were treated this way. It is never right when someone takes advantage of another’s generosity. But at the same time something nagged at me and I couldn’t quite identify it right away.

It wasn’t that you lent her money—I always advise against thinking ANY money given to ANYONE on a personal level is a loan. Treat it as a gift, and if the person repaid it, that is an added bonus. Everyone from siblings to children to friends to ladies/guys in this business. I have often been repaid, but I never assume I will be. If I am not willing to give it away, I don’t lend it. Too often people mean well, but the same things that fundamentally got them into trouble often still exist.

But it was more than that—and as I slept on it I realized what it was. Your title. The serious over-generalization that (1) somehow this is typical of providers, and (2) somehow it is only/mostly found in providers. The reality is the ladies here come in the same cross-section of personalities and people as anywhere else—as do the guys.

I work with a guy who has ruined his career advancement opportunities because he has needlessly pissed off people who have a lot of say in any promotion possibilities. Why? Over dumb office policies about dress code, coffee mess, etc. Another woman who was let go because she falsified a travel reimbursement FOR $3.00!!!!! Sure, risk a $130,000 job for $3. A nephew who flunked out of school second semester of his senior year because he had friends going to Florida for a week and went with them—during midterm week. A woman who feuded with an office mate about the type of music played—and threatened to get a gun and shoot the office mate for it, getting fired within the day. A guy who caused a big enough fuss (embellished with lies about illegal substances) after a lady was 20 min late—and now he can’t see any decent provider anywhere near his home town. And many other examples.

Being short sighted and burning bridges is almost a rite of passage into a life of just scraping bye. Flipping someone off or cursing them out for 20 minutes on the way out the door just to make sure it will be double bolted behind you.

This isn’t “provider logic”, it is “stupid people logic”. Originally Posted by Old-T

A big +1
Never go full retard!