Unfortunate PM

That's your first problem my friend...

"Look for honor in the real world and you'll be disappointed in how long it takes you to find it. Look for honor in the virtual world and you'll be dead without ever having found it." - Wakeup Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I suppose I have higher standards for myself, and higher expectations from people who strike me as intelligent.
I agree with BP on this one. But I also don't see why she cancelled either. So what if a certain group of guys gave her hell? Was it based on the lack of prebooks deposits? I will NEVER do that.
  • WTF
  • 02-14-2011, 12:51 PM
All right who canceled?

deerhunter, pm me the 411.
  • bbkid
  • 02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Damn, I guess that misunderstood what that provider meant when she said that blowpop was going soft on us. I thought she meant his dique.
im sure this thread will ultimately be locked even perhaps deleted.

but..

Blowpop should not have felt the need to start this thread had members of this community not behaved in an infantile manner towards the provider it hints at. Regardless of your personal views about their policies when visiting providers are treated such as this one was it gives ALL of us a bad name... This sadly results in Houston getting passed up by more and more providers because of this negative image.

If you have issues with a provider's policy then either take it up with them privately or simply don't schedule time with them, it's that simple. there is no need to berate them publicly.
BP I was thincking about seeing her...

So what was your point again? We all use the boards in different ways even after her first minor melt down we crafted a M&G any traveling provider would have enjoyed that went straight to dead babies. Hobby police doesn't seem to fit but a little trail by wit, doesn't seem completely out of place but your point is taken.

I believe the Houston Tour was a fiction from the very beginning and designed to gain sympathy, Valerie may have been more of a marketing wiz than we gave her credit for.
a game you're playing with these women's livelihoods, and with your fellow hobbyist's choices for entertainment. Originally Posted by blowpop
Sorry...

As hooker after hooker on this board has said, there is absolutely NOTHING we can do to negatively influence a provider's livelihood. She said she was 70% booked with at least 2 multi-hour sessions scheduled. Let's do some hooker math here.

She was going to be in Houston for four days, with more available sessions on the middle two days, so assume three solid days of time. Assume three sessions per day, she said she wasn't a high volume lady. That makes nine sessions scheduled. 70% of nine is six session scheduled. Assume 4 one hour and then her two multi-hours. That's $1,400 for her one-hour sessions and AT LEAST $1,400 for her two multi-hour sessions for a total of $2,800 she could have earned down here based on her pre-bookings. What type of person gives up $2,800 because a few people that she's not going to ever see on her trip down here are talking about her on the Internet???

We didn't affect her livelihood...she affected it...the same goes for your hobby choices...she made herself NOT come down here...and it's clearly a stupid ass decision, both monitarily and professionally...but it's still only HER decision...

Don't confuse her righteous indignation to cancel her trip with us having anything to do with it...

EDIT:

I suppose I have higher standards for myself, and higher expectations from people who strike me as intelligent. Originally Posted by blowpop
It's okay to have those standards...it's also counter productive to be upset when people don't live up to them...
Father W, I don't have anyone to thank - I rarely if ever see travelling providers, and wasn't going to do so in this case.

(Boardman and others jumped to the conclusion that I was planning to book with this woman... kinda makes me wonder what other conclusions are jumped to based on sloppy research.)

I find it troubling that some of our more prolific posters (that sounds better than "attention whores", don't you think?) take it upon themselves to drive providers away based on some sort of circle jerk they're engaging in. Many folks have been known to be unhappy with mods if they start playing hobby police, but I fail to see a significant difference here.

My bottom line: Even if I don't want to see a particular provider, someone else very well might, and I don't see any honor in cockblocking. And that's what's going on.

IMO the guys who've been around for a while should know better. Originally Posted by blowpop
I didn't jump to any conclusion. I knew that you weren't dumb enough to pre pay but what I did do was to get you to say it and I therefor concluded that you were as guilty as anyone else for her cancellation.

I remember several months ago and the time before that and the time before that members were saying that visiting providers were staying away because they were getting NCNS and felt like it was WK's protecting the local girls. All the while some of those same girls were making routine trips to Houston.

Which is the more likely scenario? A group of visitors claiming Houston wasn't all that great in order to keep other visitors away or WK's for the local girls were so infatuated with the local pussy that they didn't want new pussy coming in driving the demand down for their ATFs and the occasional strange for themselves.

Same thing here, Which is more likely? Houston members have driven off perfectly good non fat GFE trim? Or have some girls have keyboarded and priced themselves out of the market and instead of seeing the faults of their own marketing schemes they choose to blame and demonize a more experienced clientele than they are used to in most other areas and then act horrified when it bites them in the ass.

I hate to steal Wakeup's thunder, but Occam's Razor seems fitting.
This same provider posted in all kinds of threADs in Houston weeks before she was supposedly comming in an attempt to...what else can you say but ADvertise. Do we really thinck she cancelled her trip here because of a few heated discussions with other members on an SHMB even if she had so many prebookings? If that is really so then maybe she needs some thicker skin or a new line of work. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
I am a provider...my work is based on advertising, this is a forum dedicated to providers and hobbyists....There is no reason why I should have to have "thicker skin" just so I can post a few threads...To even imply something like that is just ignorant...If you don't like to see providers posting ads, THEN GO TO A DIFFERENT FORUM..

I suppose I have higher standards for myself, and higher expectations from people who strike me as intelligent. Originally Posted by blowpop
Thank you for being man enough to start a thread like this, you have been nothing but respectful and kind to me, and I appreciate that.

I agree with BP on this one. But I also don't see why she cancelled either. So what if a certain group of guys gave her hell? Was it based on the lack of prebooks deposits? I will NEVER do that. Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
My cancellation had NOTHING to do with lack of pre-bookings. I would happily write down a list of all the eccie members that had bookings ( there were quite a few) if they don't mind, or they can simply come out and say it in this thread should they like...I cancelled my trip because I don't want to visit ANY city, where men act like this.... I have been doing this a while, and I am a member of tons of message boards, and I can honestly say I have NEVER had this type of rude and harassing behaviour directed towards me..ever....Do some of you guys even realize how many ladies won't even touch TX because of situations such as these??

im sure this thread will ultimately be locked even perhaps deleted.

but..

Blowpop should not have felt the need to start this thread had members of this community not behaved in an infantile manner towards the provider it hints at. Regardless of your personal views about their policies when visiting providers are treated such as this one was it gives ALL of us a bad name... This sadly results in Houston getting passed up by more and more providers because of this negative image.

If you have issues with a provider's policy then either take it up with them privately or simply don't schedule time with them, it's that simple. there is no need to berate them publicly. Originally Posted by super sploodge
Agreed. And I am sorry for having to cancel our booking...

And just FYI- to the boys who are saying "well if she had so many bookings then why would she cancel".....I cancelled my trip to Houston, and changed it to Knox & Nashville, I have a regular client base there and always stay booked when I'm there, so I'm not going to be missing out on any money, you can count on that.

Again, there is nothing wrong with a provider posting ADs, or commenting on threads, doesn't make them an attention whore. I post more in D & T and the powder room than anywhere else, and I don't even get business from those...This boils down to a group of childish boys who began having a go at me from the moment I began posting, then when I wrote a blog calling you on your stupid antics and standing up for myself, you guys couldn't handle it, and haven't stopped creating pointless threads insulting me since.

Think what you want, I didn't deserve any of this....Have a nice week.
I hate to steal Wakeup's thunder, but Occam's Razor seems fitting. Originally Posted by boardman
Damnit Boardman...I was leading him down the road that would end with me proving that she didn't really pre-book all those sessions she said she did and it was because of her price range and posts that she didn't get any business and cancelled her trip, not because of us...

Now you had to go and preempt my plan...I never liked you...
So what was your point again? We all use the boards in different ways even after her first minor melt down we crafted a M&G any traveling provider would have enjoyed that went straight to dead babies. Hobby police doesn't seem to fit but a little trail by wit, doesn't seem completely out of place but your point is taken.

I believe the Houston Tour was a fiction from the very beginning and designed to gain sympathy, Valerie may have been more of a marketing wiz than we gave her credit for. Originally Posted by Wayward

This is exactly what I was thincking.......

My other issue is, that I guess maybe I am jaded and look at things differently, but I am finding a VERY hard time where people actively attacked her, or went after her beyond simply pointing out a "Nice ThreAD" or something to the like....... It also seems to me that she was the point at which the pot was stirred and was quick on the attack of those who may have even HINTED at an alterior motive (which lets be honest... is NOT a big freaking deal!)...... Then the Boardman ThreAD by Muffbro was put out there which I looked on as a complete satire on the ENTIRE provider ThreAD thing, and mentioned her NOT ONCE before she posted in it, yet she took that COMPLETELY personal and again when on the attack........

I find it very difficult to call out the hobbyist on this board for her cancelling her trip, and echo the response of Ansley in that same thread..... Post on P411, and Eros, and you will be booked independantly of this board....... She did neither of those........

I agree with this being a place to exchange information about these lovely ladies who choose to grace us with their presence....... but as has been said by many others before me....... the Mongers here did nothing to her.... she did much as much on her own.........

As far as the pre-booking thing..... I think the one thing Houston is rightfully known for is the lack of pre-bookings....... Ask GFELala.... .she cancelled 2-3 times before just saying "fuck it" and coming down.... she did, Satino knocked it out, gave GLOWING reviews and she has been down a couple times since........ So her being warded off by that is understandable..... but if she was in fact 70% booked and walked away from that then someone is taking things said on the interwebs of a SHMB WAY too much to heart!

But I do hate the fact that the less than informed providers will listen to such BS when decieding on which city to visit while on tour...... then again that would just speak to their intelligence (or lackthereof)......

JaD
Something else to consider.
How do we get the most out of visitors?

I am a provider...my work is based on advertising, this is a forum dedicated to providers and hobbyists....There is no reason why I should have to have "thicker skin" just so I can post a few threads...To even imply something like that is just ignorant...If you don't like to see providers posting ads, THEN GO TO A DIFFERENT FORUM..

Thank you for being man enough to start a thread like this, you have been nothing but respectful and kind to me, and I appreciate that.

My cancellation had NOTHING to do with lack of pre-bookings. I would happily write down a list of all the eccie members that had bookings ( there were quite a few) if they don't mind, or they can simply come out and say it in this thread should they like...I cancelled my trip because I don't want to visit ANY city, where men act like this.... I have been doing this a while, and I am a member of tons of message boards, and I can honestly say I have NEVER had this type of rude and harassing behaviour directed towards me..ever....Do some of you guys even realize how many ladies won't even touch TX because of situations such as these??

Agreed. And I am sorry for having to cancel our booking...

And just FYI- to the boys who are saying "well if she had so many bookings then why would she cancel".....I cancelled my trip to Houston, and changed it to Knox & Nashville, I have a regular client base there and always stay booked when I'm there, so I'm not going to be missing out on any money, you can count on that.

Again, there is nothing wrong with a provider posting ADs, or commenting on threads, doesn't make them an attention whore. I post more in D & T and the powder room than anywhere else, and I don't even get business from those...This boils down to a group of childish boys who began having a go at me from the moment I began posting, then when I wrote a blog calling you on your stupid antics and standing up for myself, you guys couldn't handle it, and haven't stopped creating pointless threads insulting me since.

Think what you want, I didn't deserve any of this....Have a nice week. Originally Posted by Valerie
So you took money out of your child's mouth because some folks in Houston were mean to you on one message board? Even though there was a line of men waiting to see you? This is your most entertaining post yet.
I have high regards for all the folks on this board who post frequently whether it be BP, WW, WP, DH and even BM

On this one i am going to side with WW and WU etc. I have followed this saga for a bit and have not seen anything that seems to indicate this decision was made based on threads and posts about this subject.

Providers like her have all the luxury of choosing who they want to see and who they don't when they visit. They can completely avoid the rude people if they have too. Houston is a very active playground. Countless visiting providers do well with one ad in the providers ad section and nothing more.

Why is there an urge to than do any more and create more drama? And than once they get called on it - it becomes easy for them to make that as an excuse for not visiting. We will never know the real reason but I am hard pressed to believe that getting a few negative comments on a board is ever the reason for a provider not visiting such an active playground.

Just my humble opinion
So you took money out of your child's mouth because some folks in Houston were mean to you on one message board? Even though there was a line of men waiting to see you? This is your most entertaining post yet. Originally Posted by Wayward
Naw, she said she was moving her trip to an established client base where she wouldn't lose any money.

I'm more interested in this...

I post more in ... the powder room than anywhere else, and I don't even get business from those... Originally Posted by Valerie
BTW, the Powder Room thread about all this is hilarious! Here I go again speculating and trying to draw her out into confirming it...