Crimea votes to join Russia

It's a memorandum, not a treaty. And Hell No, We Shouldn't Go!
Reads like a treaty to me. If you do this, then we promise this if someone tries to do this to you. That someone is trying to do this to them so we are supposed to this. I guess democratic promises have always been worth shit.
COG, haven't you learned anything? Don't start believing my press. Thy Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapes...ity_Assurances

Reconfirmed by Barack Obama in 2009.

If the Ukraine gives up it's nuclear weapon stockpiles then the US/UK/ and later Germany would guarantee their border security against Russia. They did and Clinton/Obama promised and they are the only ones here who said anything about sending Americans to the Crimea. I thought you were smarter than that? Quit hanging around with the dead end kids COG. What they got may be catching. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
How come you always leave out Russia signed it also?
The easiest answer is that the US signed a treaty in 1994 and 2009 saying that we would back them against Russia. So go talk to Clinton and Obama. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Maybe we can send Clinton to fight them, since he made the promise.
Russians vote to be part of Russia.

We should go kill them all!

The outrage!
Reads like a treaty to me. If you do this, then we promise this if someone tries to do this to you. That someone is trying to do this to them so we are supposed to this. I guess democratic promises have always been worth shit. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
What was the vote in the Senate to ratify it?
Since when did Senate votes become necessary? Clinton and Obama both have said that they didn't need Senate approval and could do a treaty on their own.

Your defense sounds kind of like saying you had your fingers crossed when you took your marriage vows.
  • CJ7
  • 03-17-2014, 08:41 AM
What was the vote in the Senate to ratify it? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
it was named a memorandum because it was really a treaty ... just ask JD

Since when did Senate votes become necessary? Clinton and Obama both have said that they didn't need Senate approval and could do a treaty on their own. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Ok. You need help. You want us to go to war on a memo? Or are you just trying to make the Democrats look intelligent?
  • CJ7
  • 03-17-2014, 08:50 AM
memo;

JD is a complete idiot.
It was a memorandum to what? The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty which was ratified by the US Senate with a bi-partisan vote in 2010.
Send your kids to die on a meaningless mission, JD. Not mine.
  • CJ7
  • 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM
read it ... nowhere does it mention the US or any of the other countries being obligated to go to war for the Ukraine ... NOWHERE !

JD is an idiot
Oh CJ, first you didn't know what it was and now you claim to have read it. Which time did you lie?
JD Babblecorn can send us to war with anyone at the drop of a hat.