Open the Marriage, Close the Door

Bubbles burst on their own. . .

Kris wrote it and Janis immortalized it

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose''

I hope people are starting to understand about that the only thing different from a open relationship and a closed one is who is fooling who. . .or is that whom?

irena , where are ya when I need ya? Originally Posted by WTF
Agreed, this is what I was alluding to in my earlier post. Again, this is just from my observances, one side is always more open than the other side. One partner gradually gets more into the open concept than the us concept. And eventually the union becomes functional in that you have a financial entanglement and a person living in your house you don’t have to court to sleep with. I have never had an open marriage, but I’ve see two marriages (of people I am very close to) self-destruct.

But like Sisyphus, my approval certainly isn’t sought let alone necessary. Actually, I neither approve nor disapprove; I have no judgments whatsoever as long as someone’s open marriage doesn’t interfere with my marriage (If, God forbid, I ever get married again. Lol) Like Lauren said, it’s none of my business what other people do. And since I’m not much of a gossip, I don’t feed on things that are outside the norm anyway.
She's had to clean up afterward. Originally Posted by pjorourke
gotta pre rinse the towels
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2010, 06:11 AM
They're called boundaries. Some folk struggle with those....
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Boundries are great! That said you really need to know just what kind of person sets up certain boundries.

http://www.healthyplace.com/personal.../menu-id-1469/

Sex for the narcissist is an instrument designed to increase the number of Sources of Narcissistic Supply. If it happens to be the most efficient weapon in the narcissist's arsenal - she makes profligate use of it. In other words: if the narcissist cannot obtain adoration, admiration, approval, applause, or any other kind of attention by other means (e.g., intellectually) - she resorts to sex.

sHe then become a nymphomaniac: indiscriminately engages in sex with multiple partners. His sex partners are considered by her to be objects - sources of Narcissistic Supply. It is through the processes of successful seduction and sexual conquest that the narcissist derives her badly needed narcissistic "fix".

But like Sisyphus, my approval certainly isn’t sought let alone necessary. Actually, I neither approve nor disapprove; I have no judgments whatsoever as long as someone’s open marriage doesn’t interfere with my marriage . Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Agreed. "taint none of my bidness but I sure as heck ain't buying. If some poor guy can get trained by some narcissist to respect her double standards. I say more power to her!